What cell phones does bushtarion work on?

bul03001

Digger
Im going to be buying a new cell phone and I think it would be great if it was compatible with Bushtarion. Any suggestions?

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Re: What cell phones does bushtarion work on?

I find the Samsung F-700 with opera works quite well

mvdevnull

Weeder

i like my wifes iphone browser better than my Windows mobile 6 running Opera personally.

bul03001

Digger

I got a lg 9900 EnV. Hope it works with it.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Any browser that will work with java will run bushtarion. Just install opera mini on it (or opera mobile if you have a windows mobile 6 device) and you're set to go.

Both of my phones run bushtarion beautifuly.

First was an LG Prada which i put opera mini on...

New one is a HTC Ted Baker, which runs windows mobile 6 on it, so i most browsers have a version to run on it, and i find opera mobile to be the best (though, you have to pay for it)

WackyJacky

Head Gardener

bul03001 said:
I got a lg 9900 EnV. Hope it works with it.

I've got an EnV, not sure if it's the 9900, but it is the newer one. It worked fine when I used it for bush, although you couldn't send mails, or post in Pols with it.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I had a Samsung Z-500 and now a Sony Ericsson W880i - I can acces Bush on both, when using Opera Mini. I do lose cookies on version 3, so went back to version 2.
http://www.operamini.com/

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

To answer bit further than just what phone i have or so... Because i have seen some phones mentioned i wouldnt take even if paid and people tends to somehow favour only those what they got... like admitting they have something that is not the best would be wrong.

1. Any phone which has web browser in it is capable of running bushtarion of some sort.
2. Preferably you should get phone that has GPRS or UMTS in it.
3. Next step would be wifi (wireless lan) so you can use all free hot spots that offers even faster speeds and as mentioned usually are free.
4. After all those above comes how handy that phone is. So go for touch screen its must! People tends to praise their nokias but they dont have single phone with touch screen and after you have tried one with touch screen you never want to go back to stone age BS phones. Its impossible to scroll pages and work on links etc without touch screen... well not impossibly but in coparison touch screen win 10000000 - 0 so bye bye nokias.
5. If you really want everything out of your phone on web use you should go for one with qwerty keyboard. Its same kind of step from no touch screen to touchscreen as its from only touch screen to qwerty. It just poons.

Now every step you go down on those numbers costs more money. Basicly you should think how much you really want to use your phone as phone and how much as PDA. Good example is nokia n95 and sonyericssons k800i both are good as phones one is even better with media and other takes awesome pictures. Bot can run bushtarion and on both it can be played (tested myself). But when put in comparison against touch screened qwerty capable phone they are hopeless... Also size is important factor... more you have stuff in phone bigger it is. So consider that too.

In the end if you are buying phone only to play bushtarion get some cheap one that can handle it... its enought for sending out etc. If your using phone as PDA, you check and write emails, browse internet a lot and need access to web for other than bush too get good PDA.

Some PDA models to go for would be like:
iphone (apple)
sonyericssons P990i & upcoming X1(or so) X1 having 800x480 touch screen... its gonna kick ass
HTC (almost all models) (Up coming Omni gonna whoop prolly even X1)
HP has some models
and then theres couple less known ones in europe.
and... no wait theres no more :(
Iv been using HTC TyTN for 1.5 years now and it still kicks asses of majority of phones on market today but it doesnt have GPS and screen being 320x280 is damn small. This is not praice for that phone in particular. But i wont ever go back to no touch screen no qwerty phone myself. I would change to X1 when its out without hesitation if i could afford it.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester

Been usuing my sony ericson. it's a really cheap one. But it works well enough.

Steve_God

Official Helper

Bush works fine on my LG Viewty.
Works even better with Opera Mini installed! :)
(You can actually press the links with the touchscreen rather than having to scroll through the input boxes and links with past phones I've had.)

saint1d

Head Gardener

I have a Samsung G600 and the internet works fine on it.

Someone mentioned pda's and touchscreens..my last phone was a pda and the touch screen was useful, but tbh I ended up using the keyboard all the time cos it was much easier than having to click the screen with the pen and then put the pen away, pull out the keyboard, then get the pen out again to continue. Was a total pain in the bum. The wifi and larger screen were good though.

I would say a normal mobile is great if you want to be able to do basic stuff like planting or sending troops somewhere.

If you want to spend a lot of time on bush then go for a pda, but if its your main phone then you will get sick of carrying it around in your pocket. T-mobile do some good pda type stuff on web'n'walk packages.

Fuchs

Digger

N95 works fine, only sometimes the value, date & time get a bit hard to read.

Souls

Official Helper

Oh, man Steve, I really want that LG Viewty now. :p

Tapey

Weeder

I dont have an internet conection. I only use my fone to play. BW pretty much covered it. I use my nokia n70 it works perfectly. Oh btw i dnt no about other fone bt there r also plenty of programs u can download 2 get irc to work on ur fone. I use 'jmirc'