Unit Stats

TeaL

Digger
Now i know this has probably been answered before but im gonna ask anways..

Ive been noticing that say a news van is a */*****/******/*****, so logically 1million of these would take out only 5million gardners at most. However this is not the case. Ive seen 2million take out 19-20million.. My math sense is tingling and telling me formulas are at work here that are not present. Could anyone shed some light on this subject for me? Ty in advance.

Also, ive noticed units with Primary: LET / Secondary: INN , now im protestor route, so i have no LET (no hypnos :( ), when these attack my units i feel like more then 30% of these are hitting my INN, if there are no primary targets, do a greater number focus on secondary? or is it just that fuzzy math in unit stats that i previously inquired about thats making it appear to be a greater %?

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Re: Unit Stats

The stars-scale is not lineair. So 2 stars > 2 times 1star.
It's an exponential scale I think.
Furthermore, Stars are not an exact value, but a range of values. A striker has 5 stars AD I think, but so do cw, yet strikers rip a lot more armour than cw. Strikers are high in the 5 star range, cw low.

On your second question: No. If a unit does LET-Inn, and there are no lets, then only 30% fires, and only on the INN. (although I'm not sure if it's 70-30 :p).

I hope that solves your mathematical problem?

TeaL

Digger

makes perfect sense.. so its more like a rating.. one 5 star hotel isn't necessary the same as another 5 star hotel, but certainly better then a 3 star.

I do believe its 70 / 30, but the "rating" instead of statistical measurement would definitely explain why i thought it seemed weighted.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

1 100%
2 70/30
3 50/35/15

this should still be correct.

Subdivisions

Harvester

You've probably already realized this, but it wasn't exactly clarified so I thought I'd clear it up 100%. Only 30% are firing at the INN, but INN are generally weak so that's why so many are dying...

Since the manual is only a rough idea, it takes actual battlefield experience to learn how well certain units perform vs other units. Good luck! :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

TeaL said:
makes perfect sense.. so its more like a rating

Yup, and in fact the manual refers to them as the "* rating" :D In fact I'll quote the very first paragraph of the unit/stats page in the manual!

Manual said:
Units/Troops/Staff Types
Below is a live list of all (non-admin) units in the game. Please note: The "* Ratings" (eg ***) are only a general guideline, they are not exact figures. For example if a unit does 1 * of health damage, that does not mean that you just need 4 of them to kill a unit that has 4 * of health. They are purely a guideline to give you an idea of what sort of damages, and resistances, each unit has without spoiling too much of the game. Actual figures are not available anywhere.