Trigger Counters

Max

Garden Designer
I have recently been investigating the effect of trigger counters - the way in which players who trigger someone else on a solo repeatedly get punished - and wanted to share the results with everyone because I find it mathematically interesting :p

Firstly - you cannot receive any honour or AR loss if there is only one mob present (namely - yours). Therefore you can trigger on the same target alone as often as you like - it makes no difference.

Therefore - this only applies if there are 2 or more mobs. The player to get penalised is the one who sends last REAL TIME and tips the balance of the AR to make it trigger. Therefore if two players work together to beat a solo, but the second one to send (even if it is on the same tick) causes it to trigger, they get one "counter" against them.

At first nothing happens, but after 3 times you start to lose honour and AR, and after 6 times you lose AR coming to your aid altogether.

Now to the mathematical results!

After 1 trigger: nothing
After 2: nothing

After 3: -75 honour + AR drop (unknown quantity)
After 4: -150 + AR drop (unknown quantity)
After 5: -225 + AR drop (unknown quantity)

After 6: -300 and no AR for 72 ticks
After 7: -375 and no AR for 144 ticks
After 8: -450 and no AR for 216 ticks
After 9: -525 and no AR for 288 ticks
After 10: -600 and no AR for 360 ticks
After 11: -675 and no AR for 432 ticks
After 12: -750 and no AR for 504 ticks
After 13: -825 and no AR for 576 ticks
After 14: -900 and no AR for 648 ticks
After 15: -975 and no AR for 720 ticks
After 16: -1050 and no AR for 792 ticks

You can see a clear arithmetic progression of an extra -75 honour added to the previous loss, and an extra 72 ticks (12 hours) added to the previous AR loss.

Since I am allied this round, I do not know the amout of AR modifier that is lost after 3-6 triggers... does any solo know the amount of AR they lost after triggering three times by accident? Because I bet it increases similarly :)

Anyway, most people probably won't care, but I'm a physicist and I like to understand how things work at an underlying level :p

edd

Tree Surgeon
I have a sneaky feeling it's -25 ARmod, could be wrong though as its never happened to me

Just check irc logs with Zaheen :p

Last edited:

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
That's still about two times more than the average player