This.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Saw this today, and it SOOOO related to Bushtarion like you wouldn't believe!

undocumented_feature.png

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Yeah it's weird to think, a lot of us have been coming here on and off for coming up to a decade, some more than that. The internet was a pretty different place back then, hell I remember flying_blind linking to some video about cars or something on the forum and I was like... wtf is youtube, that's a stupid name.
I remember talking about this to someone in #bush a while back, can't remember who. I've known some of you for like a decade but I've never met any of you and probably never will, and if I just suddenly died or something there's a chance none of you would ever find out. Made me wonder if there's some old regulars we all remember who have since died and we never found out... The internet is weird.
There's plenty of names I can remember who at one point in bush I spoke to every day for hours on end month after month in an alliance channel or something... who I've since completely lost trace of. There should be a site or something where you can look up old internet buddies or something :D

Anyway, sorry for getting all morbid for a second there but it's pretty interesting.

Max

Garden Designer
What happens Mattheus is that you try to contact the person on whatsapp to come online and send defence, only for their girlfriend to tell you that they have committed suicide (try story unfortunately).

But yeah without contactability there's just no way to know.

Back when we all used to be incredibly active in our IRC channels 10 years ago, do you reckon any NSA person was filtering and logging the traffic? Poor souls, we used to thrash out reams of the stuff filled with meaningless drivel hahaha :p

Great find though Steve, love xkcd.