• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

The Infamous Fantasy 3rd Branch

antisback

Head Gardener
I know there have been many attempts to come up with a third fantasy, but i thought up of this idea, i can see many holes in it and i know it's not perfect but i figured i'd post it for discussion anyway

[21:42] <antisback> tbh i like the idea of a route based around flak
[21:42] <antisback> it'd be something different to the other routes
[21:43] <antisback> the route would basically be uber offensive
[21:43] <antisback> but not so good at holding land
[21:44] <antisback> you get an immobile blocker for first dev and maybe a reasonable all-round lethal as your punit
[21:45] <Mitch> great target to bribe
[21:45] <antisback> yeh that'd be a problem
[21:45] <antisback> fook it i'm gonna post it on the forums for people to rip apart

Basically a route with lots of different layers of flak, so an armour based one, a health based one, maybe a difficult to kill stealer etc. Just ideas really, please poke as many holes as you can :p

Well had a little think for these stats, feel free to shoot them down, don't expect them to be perfect, i made them up as i went along

Demonic Route

Name
Tech
Type
Flags
hp/ar/hd/ar
Range
Init [ETA]
T1/T2/T3
Cost

Serf
----

Imp
Hi-Jinks and Mischevity [Research]
Distracts
Immobile
*/**/***/**
All
155 [-]
Let/Inn/-
£25000

The Damned
Tartarus [Construction]
Harvests
-
****/*/4000 Seeds
-
- [4]
-/-/-
£18000

The Virtuous
The Elysian Fields [Construction]
Grows
-
*/****/4000 plants
-
- [4]
-/-/-
£24000

Nephilim (Requires Engineering)
Demi-Fiends [Research]
Kills
-
***/**/*/***
R/M
365 [5]
ALL/-/-
£40000

Ghosts
Land Haunting [Research]
Steals [Max 12%]
Stealth
***/**/0.15 land
-
- [4(2)]
-/-/-
£100000

Ceberus
The Hounds of Hell [Research]
Kills
-
**/***/***/*
ALL
435 [4]
LET/ALL/-
£50000

Last edited:

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
i dont see many holes, youre almost there.

only needs a name, that subroute, what do you think it should be called?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Third branch of fantasy, especially for a flak based route, could be based on demons... demonic hordes.

Just thought I'd suggest as my "preferred" third branch theme for the fantasy route before people start thinking up a load of names/details... Grim reapers, horned demons, lava beasts, cerberus demon dogs, imps, balrogs, whatever :p

antisback

Head Gardener
Well had a little think for these stats, feel free to shoot them down, don't expect them to be perfect, i made them up as i went along

Demonic Route

Name
Tech
Type
Flags
hp/ar/hd/ar
Range
Init [ETA]
T1/T2/T3
Cost

Serf
----

Imp
Hi-Jinks and Mischevity [Research]
Distracts
Immobile
*/**/***/**
All
155 [-]
Let/Inn/-
£25000

The Damned
Tartarus [Construction]
Harvests
-
****/*/4000 Seeds
-
- [4]
-/-/-
£18000

The Virtuous
The Elysian Fields [Construction]
Grows
-
*/****/4000 plants
-
- [4]
-/-/-
£24000

Nephilim (Requires Engineering)
Demi-Fiends [Research]
Kills
-
***/**/***/*
R/M
365 [5]
ALL/-/-
£40000

Ghosts
Land Haunting [Research]
Steals [Max 12%]
Stealth
***/**/0.15 land
-
- [4(2)]
-/-/-
£100000

Ceberus
Kills
-
**/***/*/***
ALL
435 [4]
LET/ALL/-
£50000

Ram

Head Gardener
tbh, this would just go along with the other fantasy routes that are unused.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Third branch of fantasy, especially for a flak based route, could be based on demons... demonic hordes.

Just thought I'd suggest as my "preferred" third branch theme for the fantasy route before people start thinking up a load of names/details... Grim reapers, horned demons, lava beasts, cerberus demon dogs, imps, balrogs, whatever :p

dungeon keeper :eek:?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Can I just remind people of the original stats of the cyborg gardener and how it was nerfed because it was too uber... just a thought.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
im not sure if a flak route would be popular, as it never took off when the terrorist branch had one. though you'rd be damned hard to find a route that could stop that much flak layering. fun for a while.

one point. surely the armour striper p-unit#
The Hounds of Hell
should shoot before the Demi-Fiends health hitters.

it would look pretty tasty then, all targeting fast firing first unit imobile, some armour stripping and then a second all firing health hitter with some armour damage, should stop most incomings from trying it. well maybe. but yeah im not convinced. the init are not quite my cup of tea, and nor the right way round for my poor brains convention. but meh i like the effort. though it would so get dicked on by so many other routes. though gives sorcs a nice shiny new target. so yeah impliment it next round so i have more targets.

Davs

Garden Designer
Fully teched it looks quite nice, but I'm always a tad negative towards any route which relies heavily on having a p-unit (as this route looks like it will do).

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Fully teched it looks quite nice, but I'm always a tad negative towards any route which relies heavily on having a p-unit (as this route looks like it will do).

fair point p-unit should give a further advantage against some specific other route that might otherwise hurt you or general benefit to put off all other would be attackers...this is true for most punits

(hypno's for biker, dragons for sa/ass not so much since armour base not health base, but still its benefits are clear, f117 vs poms, the list goes on)

point being, the routes so flak based that its more of a dependancy on the p-unit than an advantageous optional extra, but then if your play style is to mass flak maybe you could argue there is no dependancy on said p-unit.

Davs

Garden Designer
Imps look a bit too powerful for a tier 2 unit. I think either their price needs to go up, or their stats reduced.

They wouldn't be an issue if they weren't so fast, but as they're immobile they need speed, and due to the lack of defensive units, they need to be able to fire at range - so by reducing the damage they do (or significantly increasing the cost) it'll stop them being too overpowered early on in a round.

I was originally going to suggest making them a tier 3/4 unit, but then I realised that doing so would leave the unit with only basics for defence.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
What I don't get is, why would you choose to go a route, which is obviously supposed to be great for landwhoring, and have your uber stealers get only 12% ? I suggest lowering their stats a bit and making them get the usual 15%, and also I don't really see how is a "virtuous/damned" combo any different than a stealth harv/tractor combo (apart from the ETA ofc.) And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't "Ceberus" pretty useless for a punit ? They seem good for stripping armour, but nothing in that route fires after them

Davs

Garden Designer
And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't "Ceberus" pretty useless for a punit ? They seem good for stripping armour, but nothing in that route fires after them

Although everything else you said made sense,

Ceberus
Kills
-
**/***/***/*
ALL
435 [4]
LET/ALL/-
£50000

I'm pretty sure that suggests they're a health killer...