The game.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Few complaints.
Just to gripe to get off my chest.

Injury system is fine for lower players.
But makes resistence and wars at top impossible.

A) Try to catch top alliance(s) offline
B) Try get enough people to send
C) Get through defence ( Make sure another 19 ppl are offline )
D) Hope he doesnt get called
E) If you do kill him, wait 3 hours before he gets 60% back!
F) Repeat 10 times to player.
G) Repeat 200 times to alliance
H) Hope every hit is a success
I) Hope for no retals.

Good luck with that.
Makes me not want to war.

Maybe suggestion: Top alliance(s) gets reduced insuarnce back? If not at all?

--
War system - I dont want to have to launch a declaration on an ally. I prefer to do it swiftly without them knowing. This method sucks.
Also if you get ally points added for this then its very bad idea.
--

Player base - SUCKS!
Only 3 decent allies this round :eek:
Lots of allies donating land to rank 1 ally :(

Ok my gripe is over.
I feel better!

x
xx
xxx

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: The game.

You only look at it from one side. How about:

Top value alliance will mainly do unlawfull attacks giving them some 30%(?) troops back while target gets at least 60%, all defenders at least 40%. The 30% might not be accurate, maybe they can get back even less from very bad l/f.
Their land gains will be smaller once Azzer implements part 2, and he said they can go down even to 5%. That might be alot of risk and effort for small gains.
Probably the way resistance should go this round is to slowly build up and let insurance work in their favour until they are strong enough to be able to stay on one attack even with 1-2 defenders.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I'd also recommend all alliances involved in a resistance utilise war declarations. The "big alliance" will only be able to do it back to one alliance (and only if in range).

This gives you the advantage of crippling their units for a much longer period of time ;)

Not to mention your injury rates will likely be higher than theirs - their defenders get 40%, the victims get 60%, attackers will get 50% but up to an extra 15% when attacking above themselves enough... so potentially gaining back more troops than the victim themselves even (let alone the natural base rates giving an advantage over other defenders).

dafe

Harvester

try being solo and lose a crap load of staff and have to wait 18 ticks before you can defend yourself decent again...and getting attacked in that time by a mob you normally wouldve stopped if that staff was home/you could rebuy it with insurrance...all with all im not too fond of this injury system...it sounded nice but doesnt work as good as it was supposed to in my eyes...if you aint in an ally or have 2 pnaps that are active 24/7 your screwed

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

That was exactly the thing i moaned most. I suggested to give partial insurance or ar to go up to 100% but i'll wait and see what Azzer implements to balance this :)

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I love the injury-system... no need to use insane amounts of flak to ensure your expensive bribers won't die so much ypu dont make a profit. No more waking up to 0 staff and having to rebuild before you can have fun again. :)

As for resistance, as azzer said, declare wars, and cripple them for longer, use bribing or converting to cripple some of the members. (bribed units stay dead)

IceOfFire

Garden Designer

I actually have to agree with Twigs, the injury system blows. Trying to war at the top sucks! Even more with war decs.

Ok, say i rush a member of interlude, kill a large amount and 3 or 4 of my alliance members do the same, it doesnt have any affect as they are soon to get them back from injury. It just doesnt make sense, it really doesnt.

I see how it makes people not *need* to be contactable and extremely active, but i think it sucks. Either bin the system or make smaller amounts of troops die in injury and return much longer, including in war decs.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

hmm i'm solo and have no vested interest in who wins as an alliance. i have my preferences sure...

but seriously... this now really just needs everyone to start changing the tactics...

instead of trying to break an ally with sheer force of strength with the injury stuff is going to be tougher by far...

in recent rounds I saw less focus on trying to get multiple ticks of land and just try to 0 your enemy for a free run on the land...

now having a wave 3 or so deep per target is essential. you must stop their $$ now more than ever.

Bribing! you must now focus on using bribers so bribed units don't come back. all bribes are 100% losses.

MOTONS! :D if you are short on bikers, mass motons for those pesky pom players (snicker)

step back, survey the land, adjust your tactics, get back to warring :D

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Simple solution: During a declared war, cut all injuries in half!
I.e, would you normally get 50%, you get 25%.

As this would make wars extremly more bloody.

mark, the reduction in injury affects both attacker and defender, but in a one-sided war (i.e an ally below declaring war on a larger ally who cant counterdeclare, the reduction in injuries only happens in the "warzone" i.e the companies of the members of the ally which the war was declared on) as attackers usually can pick their targets to inflict maximum damage this would be a bonus for the attacking side...

To counter the possibility of people "outside" a war taking advantage of this, all damage from such companies (except Psolos who work as normal) gets an added 20% injury, to a max of 85%.

dafe

Harvester

also try keeping your land as pom when you get 400mil+ incoming you can in no way stop...yet you basicly wont get any ar(only like 1 or 2 %) for losing the land so they just can keep coming back over and over again without being able to do a damn thing...gj azzer you totally screwed up solo play with these new changes

Souls

Official Helper

dafe said:
also try keeping your land as pom when you get 400mil+ incoming you can in no way stop...yet you basicly wont get any ar(only like 1 or 2 %) for losing the land so they just can keep coming back over and over again without being able to do a damn thing...gj azzer you totally screwed up solo play with these new changes

There's a top 50 solo PoM who just fought off 700mil incoming. Looks perfectly possible to me. :p

dafe

Harvester

Souls said:
dafe said:

There's a top 50 solo PoM who just fought off 700mil incoming. Looks perfectly possible to me. :p
yeah if you are big enough you can but i aint that big...and when your like rank 70 and this guy is like top 5 adn gets boosted by some lil friend(rank 480+) which is most likely a multi your unable to grow fast enough to keep up with his and his lil friends growth...and i mean come on...not able to do anything with the "suppose to be best land holding" route and not even getting some decent ar to make your chances better to actually get help(from ar) the 2nd (up to like 20th time) pisses me off...what use is it to even play if you cant do **** against this stuff when your solo

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

What did you had in mind when you went solo pom ? :p Solo poms are like the silly fat kid in the school everybody likes to bully.

dafe

Harvester

DarkSider said:
What did you had in mind when you went solo pom ? :p Solo poms are like the silly fat kid in the school everybody likes to bully.
youdd be surprised how quiet it was till yesterday...and i didnt plan on going solo in first...but didnt get the ally i was hoping for lol and my supposed to be pnap then became allied so was left behind as solo and i did ok last round as solo pom as well but that was last round, with all these new chances it just sux, no matter what route im sure tho

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

You're pom and you can't fight off flak? Sorry mate, but then you deserve to get landraped. Gurus do 1:5 on flak, you agree I hope?
Gurus cost 10k, gardeners (cheapest flak) cost 2.2k.
Simple maths: 5 gardeners cost 11k, 1 guru (which can stop 5 gardeners) costs 10k.
My point: Protestor route should be able to stop flak easily. Try being solo rpg, now that's evil. By just sending enough small droids/nutters/hippies... you can flak through, as they have no unit directly targetting INN... ;)

dafe

Harvester

Hobbezak said:
You're pom and you can't fight off flak? Sorry mate, but then you deserve to get landraped. Gurus do 1:5 on flak, you agree I hope?
Gurus cost 10k, gardeners (cheapest flak) cost 2.2k.
Simple maths: 5 gardeners cost 11k, 1 guru (which can stop 5 gardeners) costs 10k.
My point: Protestor route should be able to stop flak easily. Try being solo rpg, now that's evil. By just sending enough small droids/nutters/hippies... you can flak through, as they have no unit directly targetting INN... ;)
i can fight of flak, but not to the extend of rank 5 with me being rank 70 or so...sounds pretty logical to me really and ratios arent what they used to be...gurus rarely ever reach the 1:5 ratios and poms and poms never comes above the 1:7 anymore so yeah its hard to stop 400mil+ with 26mil poms and 30mil gurus and quite some other stuff (and its not a case of having more sweepers as i have enough of those...except for a unit after news vans which i cant get without hypnos)

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i retorted to three quotes. and even i couldnt be bothered to read my post :p so edit:

ANYWAY back to my comment like i said land *20,000 or score/16 which ever is highest...for solo's
as ar will step in much past this in general. is the amount of flack you could expect to be attacked with.
so if you can manage a balance that incorperates this. and is able to block that much. then your onto a winner being able to stop 90% of incomings on a flack basis. but to be honest. some routes are very hard to play solo. and all require different tactics

As for allies the only way to kill a smaller allaince is rape thier lands.

and the only way to kill a bigger allaince...is rape thier lands..

wave attack for the win. if 4 people attack one after another one target they can reduce his land if successful to 52% of its original. imagine you wipe out an allie memeber in this way keeps 52% of his land k and gets 60% of his troops. 3hours later. i think thats pretty damn good.

i admit b4 it was easier. they idnt get insurance. but they did have exp. so if you killed them in one hit they had no troops left. if you half killed them they ha exp.
now no matter what you do they get something back.

but it doesnt change anything. just makes alliance wars longer. and more tacticle. not harder. as both sides have equal advantages.

Scorpio

Head Gardener

Hmm my two cents...

Maybe you can lower the insurance rate for allied players... (to like 30%)
Solo players should be distinguished from alliance players methinks

Does that make any sence? Or have I been away for too many rounds :p

~Scorpio

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

Scorpio said:
Hmm my two cents...

Maybe you can lower the insurance rate for allied players... (to like 30%)
Solo players should be distinguished from alliance players methinks

Does that make any sence? Or have I been away for too many rounds :p

~Scorpio

would make solos WAY overpowered!

A solo wothe 250% of a small allied player could send and send and still get higher injury% than the target...

solos get AR, faster devs and return etas (p-solos).. thats more than enough!

Scorpio

Head Gardener

True, well then.. maybe not such a drastic difference ie 50% vs 70% or 30% vs 50%