The Community

Souls

Official Helper
Let's be serious, here. Everyone says it's dirty tactics and underhanded alliance play that causes people to leave the game. Is it really? As far as I'm concerned, it's this stuff:

(15:27:43) (Cyrus) ILL AHVE YOUR LOTS BALLS ON A STICK!

Private Sent by: Some barking mad player [G6] Fri 04th Jan, 2008. 15:10:03 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
noob

I can't even express my disappointment at this. I've done nothing to provoke either of these players, and I come home to this? I wouldn't even bother with the game, if I were a new player. Grow up, guys.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: The Community

Well Cyrus is clearly a total piece of crap. That's a given, but yeah, that kind of stuff is the bane of games like this. I can't say i approve of it, but then again, i'm guilty of it as well as the rest of the playerbase, but it is that kind of attitude that does tend to destroy online games. Meh, **** it, i'll kill them all!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

As somebody that's lived in the world and played a lot of online agmes, personally stuff like that wouldn't bother me in a game in the slightest - because I happen to know idiots exist in the world.

What I do when I play various games is ignore the idiots (sometimes make a point to kill them without ever saying a word in response to them since that really winds idiots up most, if you never say a word to them, never rise to them, not so much as a hello - but keep killing them - it gets to them that their petty insults don't seem to be getting any vocal response and instead simply gets them dead), and focus on the sensible players.

I'd consider myself overly ignorant if I didn't expect such people to exist in the world and such people to play games.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

while i agree with you i dont see how this is A)offensive to anybody with even a slight amount of intelligence and B) tbh i wouldt take this seriously, im almost certain he was joking...

and also....again, what person (with any intelligence) finds the word "noob" offensive???? overeaction IMO...

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

:O
I greet people i like with "noob" as a joke :p
And the thinkg cyrus said lookedpretty jokey to me...
If he had of said "IM PUT YOUR DEAD CATS LIVER IN YOUR DAUGHTERS MILK BOTTLE AND .... " then i would of found it offensive.

:D

Alternatively - do a rap back to them.
End ofround ill be posting the raps between Vivi and Interlude.
It really is fun!

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Souls said:
Let's be serious, here. Everyone says it's dirty tactics and underhanded alliance play that causes people to leave the game. Is it really? As far as I'm concerned, it's this stuff:

Private Sent by: Some barking mad player [G6] Fri 04th Jan, 2008. 15:10:03 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
noob

I can't even express my disappointment at this. I've done nothing to provoke either of these players, and I come home to this? I wouldn't even bother with the game, if I were a new player. Grow up, guys.

That barking mad player was me, you noob. :(
Was just a bit of a joke, as I knew it was you...

Garrett

Landscape Designer

looks like souls was just feeling no love that day and needed a hug hobbes.

souls have fun with your tormentors... I know I do :D

Private Sent by: Taunting player without a Clue [x] Sat 05th Jan, 2008. 01:53:31 GMT
Subject:
Would you really want to go onto my enemy list? Looking at bounty hunting im quite high up amd, apart from a VERY high ranked player dont have any left.

I wouldnt mind waving you with my alliance at all, in order to collect the bounty back, but if you were to stop attacking me now then i wouldnt have to try all i can to get revenge, as i fully believe in revenge. I always try and get it.

Have a nice day!

so that was sent to me... well his route dies to mine even after he/she gets fully tekk'd. I stayed and 0'd. I'm going to send again to 0 again lately. Give them real incentive. Then when they wave me and they all die to SAS as I'm solo... I'll laugh, even harder. I do appreciate all the land they gave me tho.

Souls

Official Helper

Garrett said:
looks like souls was just feeling no love that day and needed a hug hobbes.

souls have fun with your tormentors... I know I do :D

Private Sent by: Taunting player without a Clue [x] Sat 05th Jan, 2008. 01:53:31 GMT
Subject:
Would you really want to go onto my enemy list? Looking at bounty hunting im quite high up amd, apart from a VERY high ranked player dont have any left.

I wouldnt mind waving you with my alliance at all, in order to collect the bounty back, but if you were to stop attacking me now then i wouldnt have to try all i can to get revenge, as i fully believe in revenge. I always try and get it.

Have a nice day!

so that was sent to me... well his route dies to mine even after he/she gets fully tekk'd. I stayed and 0'd. I'm going to send again to 0 again lately. Give them real incentive. Then when they wave me and they all die to SAS as I'm solo... I'll laugh, even harder. I do appreciate all the land they gave me tho.

Was pretty much a bad day, and I didn't like coming home to see more people calling me names. :p

Hobbe, you barking mad noob! I didn't know that was you!

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

anyone that knows me would know i come out with this sort of stuff alot as a joke.

if your offended im sorry but it was meant to be a joke, hence why it was in caps! :p

like "ILL HAVE YOUR BALLS ON A STICK" shouting it :p

ViVi

Pruner

The game is full of immature children and overly bitter people. That's what you have to expect and deal with, in all honesty.

I could post mails that are just shocking, and I get a lot of them, I assure you. There are also those that take the game in a better spirit. A churlish attempt at insulting me from one Interlude player turnt into a back and forth contest of writing 'raps' for want of a better word. Which was amusing. Even if they had to confer as an alliance to reply to me. :(

Illumination

Head Gardener

I have found that tea and cookies can tame even the vilest of haters:p

A silly squabble over a bot's land even!!! (Much to my amusement, I took land from the originator of this message- the best way to retaliate in my opinion ;) )

Sent by: Poor boy whose momma didnt teach him about manners Sun 06th Jan, 2008. 00:12:56 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Dude, the bot got anti rape.
An Angelic reply:
Recall, he got anti rape because you sent on the same tick that I did.
He got anti rape, because you sent WAY more troops than really were needed, for you to get through, lol.
I'm not recalling. Even if you want to stick it out just to cause me inconvenience, you take 2 ticks extra to get your troops home than I do, and another 2 extra to send again, so I'll just re-attack him, and get through, when you're still a tick behind.
Save yourelf the agro.

/me Sends a bunch of flak at poor boy instead of replying....my momma always taught me that actions speak louder than words:)

Haha, a predictable, yet fundamentally useless tactic, as by the time my troops have finished attacking the bot, and come home, you'll still be ETA 0. Along with that, my AR mod is about 96%, and I have 120 billion in the bank, saving for poms, that I will happily spend last tick on news vans, just in case you DO get to tick 3.
you know, you arent so nice of a person.
Says you, attacking me because you're pissed off you set AR. :p
While you're still attacking a target with AR just to spite me, lol.
Yeah, definately sounds like I'M the issue here. ;)

My reply...you see, Im a teacher, I know that arguing with a kid just escalates things..

I wont argue with you, you win:)
Good. :) Y'know, lol, I'm gonna attack you after your troops are out. :p I've got enough prot leaders and loudspeakers to stop your spike traps / ninjas. :)
Easy pickings.

(remember folks...love, dont hate ;) )
Guess Ill be seeing you then:) Ill set the tea kettle on.
Good.
Black, no sugar for me.

(Note the attitude change already...my momma always said to smother your enemies with kindness :twisted: )
Cookies or cake?
Hmmm.... watching my weight... what type cookies?

(thinking quickly for a low fat option- aha!! One with a paper filling!!!)

why, fortune cookies of course.
Oh, legend. Love them. They're like pancakes but better!

(He's putty in my hand now :evil: )

Yes, would you like to pick the fortune I place inside, or shall we let fate take its hand and go random?
Random is the only way.
So it will be. I have to head out for a bit, my Steelers are playing in the play offs you see.
Now, isnt it much more fun to have a nice conversation over tea and cookies?

Oh, I see. Well, good luck to them.
Lol, oh definately, tea and cookies are always a good way to go.
Speak later, Take care.

/me sends him off smiling, steals his acres, then resends at the bot and takes acres there as well:)

That is how I handle rude messages 8)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

That gives no satisfaction :(
I love to make such players go nuts about me. Either steal their land or do lots of damage, without beeing rude or fluffy in messages :D

And Souls you you big .. noob :lol:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

in my days as a young bushtarionator (sounds a bit like terminator! so it must be cool ;)) i used to get into arguments with people that would send my abusive messages often resulting in me throwing a few insults back at them...

however now i prefer to take the moral high ground and just mock them about how stupid they are to get so worked up over a game...plus this way the replies are even funnier and possibly even post worthy so the whole alliance can have a laugh!

also, if at all possible i will just attack the person who's being a retard!