Suggestions for mini-round

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Suggestions for mini-round

didnt azzer talk ages ago (only in a kinda...throwing ideas out there) about making a group bots have random names...so nobody knew who they were and have them in an alliance...so they would defend each other and attack sometimes together...

i do think some bots a bit higher in the rankings would be a good idea...maybe give them a slightly higher cash inflow than they should have...they will never grow to high from it as people will still constantly attack them...but it would allow the bots to move higher in the rankings...

Jubjub

Planter

Going back to the in-game recruitment systems, it could be like the LFG in WoW (If anyone knows it) You list yourself with route, activity, GMT etc, and it sticks you on a list of people. Alliances can then view the list, rank it by whichever variable they wanted (route, activity, GMT) and then their score can be displayed next to it, so the alliance could then mail the ID they wanted. Would make recruitment much easier, cause you wouldn't have to apply to mass alliances, the alliances look for you if they want you (Cutting down the application spam) and then they can find people much easier.

Just an idea ofc ;]

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i actually think thats a good idea...but not just for the mini-round...

exactly how you described...make alliances able to take private recruitment messages as it is now but also have the option to mark yourself for recruitment and alliances can view it...

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

pinpower said:
i actually think thats a good idea...but not just for the mini-round...

exactly how you described...make alliances able to take private recruitment messages as it is now but also have the option to mark yourself for recruitment and alliances can view it...

Maybe with showing your portal nickname instead of ingame id, because otherwise you'd be marked solo with about every ally?

Wacky

Planter

Problem with the alliance wing idea is powerblocks will be formed, just like in previous rounds. I do like the idea of 10 man alliances though, should spark a bit more competition.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Powerblocks wouldnt be formed.
It's just the same amount of "alliances" just split into 2 wings.

Wacky

Planter

Sorry let me clarify.
Every round one alliance quickly takes over, as the best 20 players are crammed into one alliance, with maybe one other alliance that can compete. One wins, its over. If you make 10 man alliances thats 4 alliances fighting for rank 1, instead of 2. However if each is just a wing then it's really 2 alliances fighting for rank 1, exactly the same thing. Less people per alliance (no wings/Anaps etc.) might cause for a bit more opposition.

Fredd

BANNED

why a shortend round just cause azzer cant make changes in time?
why we need 2 pay 4 punits in shortend round even with 5 min ticks?
this is one of main reasons people r leaving
azzer is only after $$s and lets people cheat

Fredd

BANNED

Twigley said:
* Somehow (I'm not sure on what basis this would work) have it so that each "Alliance" has two "Wings".

allow alliance NAPs .. 2 per ally

easy :D

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

to be fair the round is (game wise) basically the same length...as it works out as 12 weeks of normal game ticks...

i see what your saying tho...part of me thinks it would have been better to just play another full round (3 months) while azzer finishes coding and then just waited to implement it the round after next...plus if he had done it this way he would have time to do more extensive tests etc...so there are less bugs when the game actually begins...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Fredd said:
why a shortend round just cause azzer cant make changes in time?
why we need 2 pay 4 punits in shortend round even with 5 min ticks?
this is one of main reasons people r leaving
azzer is only after $$s and lets people cheat
I must say I cannot agree there, because how many mini-rounds have there been where people had to pay full price for p-units? Or better still, how many mini-rounds have there been? None? Then how can it be a reason for someone leaving? If you don't think its worth it, don't pay, simple.

And i do believe it is quite ignorant of you to criticize Azzer for wanting to make money. He is not running this site for charity, you know. It's what he does for a living. And to say Azzer doesnt care is just silly, because without bush he would have to make money elsewhere, I'm not sure whether Azzer has other income apart from Bush :? but it is besides the point.
Also, I'm keen to know how he lets people cheat :?

Anyway, this mini-round could be a great way for Azzer to trial at least some of the many ideas posted by some of us :D

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

pinpower said:
i see what your saying tho...part of me thinks it would have been better to just play another full round (3 months) while azzer finishes coding and then just waited to implement it the round after next...plus if he had done it this way he would have time to do more extensive tests etc...so there are less bugs when the game actually begins...

Agreed. I'd rather see age 5 revealed in it's perfect form after a full round and not have to put up with the mini-round.

00micbro1998

Planter

To stop everyone argueing about allainces.

Why not disable bunker.

And make everyone solo

No Pnaps no nothing.

I'm all for paying for Punit but full price seems bit much. 3 credits maybe :)

Lupus

Head Gardener

no wacky i think smaller alliances would be a bad idea as it would make the game more demanding on activity, it would make a resistance potentially a lot easier but i'm in favour of 30+ alliances.

mrmongo

Harvester

f0xx said:
The blueprints are already available for FREE for the last days of the normal rounds. I am against this, Azzer must make his profit.

yeah and as im f117 took me 4days to save for the dev and 3days to make it so i get a whole lot of usage there! only reason i did it is for the f117 dev in awards. good job too.

mrmongo

Harvester

DarkSider said:
Well punit for free or not it's entirelly his call.

Throwing some suggestions which might be used to test potential for age 5 or are just fun(don't have to be all included):

- sleep mode disabled.

- entirely solo round.
- Ar mod with the formula for age 5 (drops faster; easyer to trigger at 0 ar?) Or even no ar mod.
- ar disabled + recalling disabled (for a solo round). I think recalling after 1-2 ticks should be disabled if somebody sends wrong eta etc.

- entirely alliance round.
- 5 man allies
- all alliances are public
- players on id creation/when leaving an ally/ being kicked are temporary locked. (Can't be attacked, attack, produce seeds). So you have to find an alliance to play or create one.

- factions (good guys and bad boys)
- Sort of my ideea with relaxed groups, would require a lil bit of coding. Upon creation players are randomly distributed in one of the 2 factions(alliances) (maybe 3/4 in case 1 ends too strong and just botomfeeds) The difference however is they don't have access to alliance screen, so they don't know when one of them is on/off, can't see incomings, where is the real def etc so spy's can't find much other than what the players are writting in politics. Also they can't def eachothers. So everybody defends himself but they can attack together.

Why remove sleep mode, this only benefits the uber active...hardly a fair sufggestion coming from someone benefitting from the removal. Why punish people for being offline. Just so you get more targets who cant fight back or be picked on. bullshit idea now and forever.

Why change anything, whatever you do... removing solo's or removing allies, your gonna push a chunk of the community who play the game the way they play it to not play it or change their way... why would you do that. We didnt let hitler do it so why would it happen here.

I got an idea, bring back the best thing bushtarion had... h/f and bounty the way it was.

mrmongo

Harvester

Twigley said:
Why should someone be punished for playing well?
That's just another way to drive away players.

Why should people be punished for being low scored?
Same ****, least the higher players got more chance of dealing with it..

Khris

Pruner

there have been mini rounds before, that were fun.. but only like a week. a six week mini round is just kinda lame.....

Too long to not want to play at all, but lame enough u dont want to :p

there needs to be something exciting about it... maybe something lame lots of bounties.. at least might keep my attention for a little bit. Otherwise might just lead to more ppl fading into non existance