Suggestions for mini-round

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I was just pondering the so-called mini-round coming after the end of this round. There will be different rules and such but i bet other people have suggestions about rules, ideas, ect for the mini-round, just for some fun.

One idea i came up with was letting people be able to purchase the final development without paying for blueprints. I know Azzer would rather have people pay so he can make some money, but since the round will only be quite small his losses wont be great. Im not sure many people would purchase anything anyway, due to the nature of the round.

This way people who don't pay could get a taste for the units these developments allow, and it may encourage more people to purchase blueprints in the next proper round.

All those in favor say aye.
Who knows, maybe Azzer has already thought of it.

Anyway, anyone with ideas lets hear 'em.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: Suggestions for mini-round

Not a bad idea at all, or maybe a discount? Don't forget the mini-round will be with 5 minute ticks, so basically it'll last the same amount of ticks as 12 weeks of a 'normal' round- which is 3 months. You'll have your P-unit almost the same amount of ticks as in a normal round. But yes, I'm always in for free units, but maybe we should see this as a small 'gift/donation' to thank Azzer for the work he has done and is doing on the Age 5, and to keep him working hard for those 6 weeks. Bit like holding a carrot on a stick in front of a donkey? ;)

00micbro1998

Planter

I have always said the rounds are too long.

Maybe these Mini rounds will be good.

Maybe azzer should create some sort of survey to see who liked it bla bla

Then encourporate it into the game if there is a mass of people who prefer it.

It will at least make resistances easier :)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i think a discount of some sort would be appropriate...like 2/3BCs for the blue print rather than the usual 5...

as while it is technically 3 months of ticks...people will only be online for the same amount of time...(yes i realise you can send twice as many attacks theoretically...but i dont care...;))

No-Dachi

Official Helper

A discount will benefit the traditional buyers, but will probably not get you any new ones. So if the idea is to introduce more players to them ...

f0xx

Landscape Designer

The blueprints are already available for FREE for the last days of the normal rounds. I am against this, Azzer must make his profit.

Illumination

Head Gardener

I would say its up to Azzer- he knows that people would want it for free:p Only he can decide if the long term benefits of offering it would over ride the immediate decrease in income.

Its definitely ok for someone to bring up the suggestion- if it hadnt crossed Azzers mind before, then this may make him think and weigh the two scenerios. Suggestions, in my mind, are to stimmulate thought about something, not necessarily state that this is how something should be.

Fair suggestion imo:)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Well punit for free or not it's entirelly his call.

Throwing some suggestions which might be used to test potential for age 5 or are just fun(don't have to be all included):

- sleep mode disabled.

- entirely solo round.
- Ar mod with the formula for age 5 (drops faster; easyer to trigger at 0 ar?) Or even no ar mod.
- ar disabled + recalling disabled (for a solo round). I think recalling after 1-2 ticks should be disabled if somebody sends wrong eta etc.

- entirely alliance round.
- 5 man allies
- all alliances are public
- players on id creation/when leaving an ally/ being kicked are temporary locked. (Can't be attacked, attack, produce seeds). So you have to find an alliance to play or create one.

- factions (good guys and bad boys)
- Sort of my ideea with relaxed groups, would require a lil bit of coding. Upon creation players are randomly distributed in one of the 2 factions(alliances) (maybe 3/4 in case 1 ends too strong and just botomfeeds) The difference however is they don't have access to alliance screen, so they don't know when one of them is on/off, can't see incomings, where is the real def etc so spy's can't find much other than what the players are writting in politics. Also they can't def eachothers. So everybody defends himself but they can attack together.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

f0xx said:
The blueprints are already available for FREE for the last days of the normal rounds.

I didnt know this (first round you see ;) ) but then im all for the discount :)

Chezz

Harvester

Oh, and try not to post your ID unless you want to get attacked more than normal.....I think :shock:

timtadams

Landscape Designer

What about slightly increased income for all people in an alliance? maybe 5% or something. Not something to great, but something to encourage alliance play. Maybe alliances get slightly increased yield, or something like that.

Maybe it could be part of an alliance development? Maybe you could call it 'Weather Engineering' or something. Im just chucking suggestions out there :D

It could be trialled in the mini-round. This is making me think that mini-rounds should be a little more common, just to trial new ideas...

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Chezz said:
Oh, and try not to post your ID unless you want to get attacked more than normal.....I think :shock:

lol, i thought of that, but if i do, oh well :D
I bet people will see it and go, i might just check what this guys got, and maybe then attack me ;)

Mattheus

Head Gardener

What we have here is a real oppurtunity to settle some age old debates.

For example, why not use this time to test different alliance sizes? Fact is we'll never know how massive or smaller alliances will truly change the game until we give them a try. Hell we could have one 3 week round with sayy 10 man alliances like has been advocated in the past, then a 3 week round after it with much bigger alliances which other people rave on about.

To try and make things as close to how it would be as possible, you could make these mini rounds count towards portal, possibly with prizes. That will make people play seriously. The reason I say this is because otherwise it would have the private-world syndrome where people play differently to how they would normally, as they don't take it as seriously as they would world 1.

Just a thought!

Edit - I see I'm not the only one to think along these lines, should have read the thread :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer

nah make it open tree-ish, no intel, no ar, no hax, only briber units available... nanobots, scraps, vamps, puppets, ro, etc etc.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Terrakan said:
Asmodeous said:
AGE 3 Mini-Round FTW!!!!!!

:twisted: :p :twisted:

i agree dont think azzer still has the code for it though

/me asks

yeah he has them all back to age 2.

*this was dematto*

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Garrett said:
make it open tree-ish

What if anyone could do any development they wanted, so for example someone could build PoMs, Cybernetic Trex's and have Zombies at the same time. Even if they had started one route, they could still do developments from other routes. Just for fun.