Stealth Gardener

Steve_God

Official Helper
Gardener INN Gardens [close] 970 2 £2,200 * * 100 plants
Stealth Gardener INN Gardens [close] 900 5 {2} £10,000 S * * 400 plants
Now this might be one for Azzer or Weeble to answer, but are there any minor differences in Armour/Health Points that aren't reflected by the star rating?

Reason I'm asking is that for such a large difference in price, some of it would obviously reflect the lower number required for the same amount of Gardening done, and some would reflect the fact that they're stealth, however I have a gut feeling that some of it may reflect a slight difference in Armour or Health, but I could be very wrong! :)

dave

Harvester
Gardener INN Gardens [close] 970 2 £2,200 * * 100 plants
Stealth Gardener INN Gardens [close] 900 5 {2} £10,000 S * * 400 plants
Now this might be one for Azzer or Weeble to answer, but are there any minor differences in Armour/Health Points that aren't reflected by the star rating?

Reason I'm asking is that for such a large difference in price, some of it would obviously reflect the lower number required for the same amount of Gardening done, and some would reflect the fact that they're stealth, however I have a gut feeling that some of it may reflect a slight difference in Armour or Health, but I could be very wrong! :)

The being stealth surely doesnt add to there value. How does the fact theyre stealth make them better then a normal gardener?

Steve_God

Official Helper
By quite a lot really... it means that the defender doesn't know if it's Ninjas or Stealth Gardeners, and also means the defender doesn't know where your real attacking mob is until eta 2...

My delima is that I don't think that that alone is worth the extra £7,800 per unit, and want to check if there is a known difference in defence values :)

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Stealth gardeners cost that much more simply to prevent them becoming a direct replacement for gardeners. But yes, you're right, they do have differences in terms of stats just like all other units with identical * ratings do ;) stars are just guidelines after all, and cover quite a range.

Davs

Garden Designer
As far as I remember, either the health, armour or both for SGs is slightly more than for normal gardeners, but for their cost they're technically not as cost effective (as flak) - this is counter the fact that as they're stealth they have quite a big advantage flak-wise as you can catch people by surprise.

That was how they were initially suggested iirc, but it may not be quite right.

Max

Garden Designer
The most interesting thing about stealth gardeners is that they leave no trace o_O

So basically, you can read as many spy reports as you like but you are going to have a very hard time finding them :p At least this was my experience when trying to bribe them!

I played them last round and found that they had *approximately* twice the health of a normal gardener, so price for price they die twice as fast. Personally I think they need a bit of a boost to make them compete with stealth geos.

webvictim

Harvester
Cyborg Gardeners are only */*, but SGT get about 1:1 on them compared to 1:9 on standard gardeners. I think it's fair to say that a small difference that isn't reflected in the stats can actually be a big difference in the end.

Davs

Garden Designer
Cyborg Gardeners are only */*, but SGT get about 1:1 on them compared to 1:9 on standard gardeners. I think it's fair to say that a small difference that isn't reflected in the stats can actually be a big difference in the end.

Such is the wonder of experience. Only problem with stealth gardeners is that (as Max said) you can't tell how good they are unless you have them yourself as they're almost impossible to track.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i also have a vague memory of trying to kil them. and think they have a bit more health rather than a bit more armour. or at least as far as i could tell my apprentices killed fewer. but as previously mentioned. unless you count the stealth mob number that appears, subtract ninjas, then total the numbers of exactly how many apprentices were targeting what it would be impossible to say.

also as apprentice hit armour a bit, so they may have stripped any marginal additional armour. but im of the suspicion they have some extra health. although it doesnt make much difference as most health hiters target health, and its clearly no where near stealth harvester level (obv) so cost for cost not effective. i just think it gives them that tiny bit more that makes them useful in layers of flak in addition to all the previously mentioned benefits. (ofc as i cant be sure on the BR on what was killed and what was sent exactly so i could be completely wrong. some azzer confirmations would be nice)