• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Start Guides

Davs

Garden Designer
I just had a thought:

One of the many obstacles to players, particularly new ones, is the start of the round. I know that a lot of the "vets" have put together start guides to post in their alliance pols to help out their alliance buddies.

I propose that a sticky thread be made, containing these guides.

It MUST NOT be used to discuss people's opinions about which guide is the best - simply a place for people to put up a rough outline of what works for them. That way, new players can browse through the guides and follow the one which either they understand the most. It may even provide a reason to stay for a few rounds, as it'll give people the chance to use different plans at the round start that they otherwise wouldn't consider, in order to find one which works best for them.

Obviously, this will only work if there are multiple plans (otherwise everyone will just follow a single formula and the people who usually thrive in the flak wars will lose their edge) - so it may be best for a mod to compile a list first, before making a thread which then no one can post into. Any new plans that arise afterwards can then be submitted to a mod to be added to the post.

Davs

Garden Designer
Forgot about that. In which case, maybe replace my original suggestion with one to reformat that so it's actually pleasant to read through rather than the mess it appears to be. Bullet points ftw :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
and update them, the routes and the manual as a whole. Part of the new-owner revamp I think.

With the tutorial a suggestion to visit those select pages, however if people start late they will start with more units/funds/land so the differences need to be clear.

Max

Garden Designer
I'd be more than happy to aid in the re-write of the manual sections if someone has the capability of updating it?

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'd be more than happy to aid in the re-write of the manual sections if someone has the capability of updating it?

That's up to Azzer/your mate :p

I still think we're getting slightly ahead of ourselves. Firstly it's the confirmation of how the game engine will remain/change, then the units/routes around it and then we write manuals and guides on it.

The concept I agree with Davs though, if he didn't know they were in the manual, why would new players?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Perhaps, a very basic startup guide included in the 'Welcome to the game' mail then a more indepth approach in the tutorial.

As Martin said though, all depends what goes down regarding changes, cos if there's sweeping changes regarding the game engine, a guide written by any of us will be pretty useless as we won't know how the changes effect anything anyway :p

Steve_God

Official Helper
There are a handful of us that have permissions to edit / update the Manual in terms of the content on each page, adding new pages, or hiding existing pages. (nothing more than that though)

If you have any text changes you've spotted that need updating or suggestions, give us a shout and we should be able to change it :)