Starship Troopers

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
So, I watched the film again for the first time in a couple of years, and I remembered a strategy squad shooter game I used to have that sort of accompanies the film's events. It's called Terran Ascendancy, and it's awesome if you can tolerate the old skool blocky graphics and see the quality of the game itself.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
/shrug

All I know is that I downloaded it again last night and was on it til 6am.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
shrug?

cmon Dax, if you want people to take you seriously, at least try to provide some useful information.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Probably simply meant that he's never played xcom. Terror of the deep was #2. The difference I think is that xcom 1 and 2 the squad combat was turn based. Haven't played most recent xcom.

I think dax is playing real time. If not then it's probably similar.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Probably simply meant that he's never played xcom. Terror of the deep was #2. The difference I think is that xcom 1 and 2 the squad combat was turn based. Haven't played most recent xcom.

I think dax is playing real time. If not then it's probably similar.

It's not turn-based, no (like the original Warhammer 40k games) - It is live. It's actually quite challenging on some of the major battles (Planet P fort bug ambush, anyone?).

9799_large.jpeg

starshiptroopers_screen001.jpg

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
And I've just hit one of the hardest damn levels in the game. And it is difficult. I mean, difficult.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Bloody hell, they look *a lot* like the bugs from the Starship Troopers film.

And it is difficult. I mean, difficult.

That's something it does have in common with XCOM then :p

Sounds good. Will have to give it a go.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
My challenge to you is to not let a single trooper die in every mission - If you aim for this objective, you will totally understand why this game is hard as f*ck.