Solos triggering on solos

Cid

Beginner
So ive been working on hitting on these few solos for a few days now, but every time i find one offline there pnap is normally on too. Now i dont mind fighting against him and his pnap, but the fact that his pnap doesnt ever bother defending, but rather asking his friends to send what they can to trigger just makes me wanna scream!

After asking around i found it that this was made legal some time ago, which i didnt know and i personally think its kinda unfair.

Is there going to be anything put in place to stop these people from doing it? and if so when?

Jiggy

Weeder
Re: Solos triggering on solos

unsure but we had a discussion on this last night, basically azzer made it "legal" cos he cant keep track/determine.etc all the time. By doing so its almost encouraged people to do it as its not "illegal" as such, untill its made illegal again i cant see people stopping doing it as its almost made it worse by saying its not illegal anymore

Pete

Pruner

i think it should be allowed once in a while. If someone sends a fair fight to a solo, the wont get help from gov, but if someone sends a fair fight or less to allied, hes likely to get a tonne of defence anyways. I understand its anoying but most solos dont play like that anyway

Jorizz

Pruner

Cid, it was me it happend on which was really odd as I had a huge fuss with Jiggy yesterday because he was having somebody triggering on him. My apoligies on my behalf I've told my pnap not to do it again, anyways I had this discussion with Jiggy last night and I fully agree that initial AR triggering is wank.

People tend to think it is legal because Azzer "allowed" it, which is in my opinion the most stupid thing he could do, if he wasn't going to check the AR triggers just keep silent and let people still think it's illegal. Here's the post he made about it, interpetet it your own way but to me it's quiet clear:

Azzer said:
* AR Triggering will be "allowed" as it's not something that I can manually keep looking in to and dealing with, but there will be downsides to being responsible for being the one that triggers AR...

ps: for the refenrence, you would have triggered on me anyway if that mob included PA's.

Jiggy

Weeder

just like to clarify that im now not employing this tactic as i dont want to be seen as "underhand" player or bad player by others just becuase its now "legal" and mine and jorizz dispute has been cleared on this matter as we both agree on the statement in which azzer posted proberbly being the worst thing

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The systems/design for an "automated 'punishment'" are not in yet (unfortunately!) - so at the moment I'd strongly encourage "vigilante groups" of players - when players use "underhand" tactics, or "dirty tactics" - go beat them up for yourselves whenever you get the opportunity!

But I will be introducing something that keeps track and returns some form of "Punishment" for players that are directly responsible for triggering AR repeatedly (by directly responsible, I mean if player A sends and wouldn't trigger, and player B sends 1 hippy and AR arrives - player B is the responsible one... if player C also sends after player B, then player C would also be responsible and both players B & C would get an 'AR Trigger Count' against them). Punishment may be something such as reduced injury rates, or reduced AR levels - I'm still not entirely decided (ideas/suggestions welcome).

Jorizz

Pruner

Q: Would this also count for de-triggering AR? For example flakking somebody, getting riots and half gets killed the first 2 ticks, person gets a mate to send 1 hippie, AR recalcs and riots recall?

Edit: More questions, would those punishments be permanent? If so can the system be made reliable enough? Also at what scales are we looking -5% injury or more like -20/25%?

Nonny

Harvester

How about an attack by government troops after getting 'x' triggers for 'wasting police time'??
You can retain the count and as it gets larger so does the government response. :lol:

With regards to above about detriggering AR. I was under the impression AR re-calc'ed every tick anyway?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Nonny said:
How about an attack by government troops after getting 'x' triggers for 'wasting police time'??
You can retain the count and as it gets larger so does the government response. :lol:

I like that idea.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

yeah having someone trigger is almost as bad as your brother watching your account for you...

oh wait.. no it's not :p

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Or how about put in 'Police custody'
for 1 day you can't attack anyone.

Younge

Planter

I get the feeling the punishment are going to be some like you loose 100.000 effectiveness or you get less injured men

If this is the case ill be going solo and triggering on every one of my solo mates. Who cares if i loose little Effectiveness it won't mean nothing to me as I'm happy enough to prevent someone who has calculated what to send to a solo (which is not the easiest job in bushtarion) then why would me loosing some Effectiveness going to matter?

What would you rather?
If u are gonna loose 2,5k land loosing 100.000 negative effectiveness?

If your going to do a punishment system i hope it an automatic lock and delete. Your build a script to notice if they are dong such crime and you said yourself it happens to often for you to crack down on it

Well your building a script so hopefully these people who do break the rules are blocked and deleted.
If this is not the case i can;t wait till next round and ill start my own solo group to really show you why people need to be punished.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Younge said:
I get the feeling the punishment are going to be some like you loose 100.000 effectiveness or you get less injured men

i really really doubt that something that ineffectual would take place.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Things like...

SAS going to hunt down the triggering members.
SAS only firing at those that trigger and ignoring the other mobs. Would be good things.

Younge

Planter

Bobbin said:
Things like...

SAS only firing at those that trigger and ignoring the other mobs. Would be good things.

Now that i like the sound of as the person who sent would not be at fault then!

If this was to be the case I would agree the changes where good. But until the changes are mad could we not stick with the old system. Even though it was hard for azzer at least it stopped people cheating (in my eyes and other peoples)

I just feel it need to be dealt with ASAP.

Make it a rule until then. If people break it delete them. You say its hard to tell which people do and do not break the old rule. Well how hard can it be? Get your in game helpers to do that work for you and you just look over what they have discovered

NO TO TRIGGERING AR FOR YOUR FRIENDS!!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Younge said:
Bobbin said:
Things like...

Now that i like the sound of as the person who sent would not be at fault then!

If this was to be the case I would agree the changes where good. But until the changes are mad could we not stick with the old system. Even though it was hard for azzer at least it stopped people cheating (in my eyes and other peoples)

I just feel it need to be dealt with ASAP.

Make it a rule until then. If people break it delete them. You say its hard to tell which people do and do not break the old rule. Well how hard can it be? Get your in game helpers to do that work for you and you just look over what they have discovered

NO TO TRIGGERING AR FOR YOUR FRIENDS!!

This came at an awfully interesting time Younge...
Again go to Azzer complaining... he will say I was offline and had no idea of it.
I was dreaming I had incoming must have sent thought waves to someone :p

Lukey

Harvester

Cid said:
So ive been working on hitting on these few solos for a few days now, but every time i find one offline there pnap is normally on too. Now i dont mind fighting against him and his pnap, but the fact that his pnap doesnt ever bother defending, but rather asking his friends to send what they can to trigger just makes me wanna scream!

After asking around i found it that this was made legal some time ago, which i didnt know and i personally think its kinda unfair.

Is there going to be anything put in place to stop these people from doing it? and if so when?

Well... don't some people contridict themselves awfully.

You made this gripe but yet earlier today you set ar off on a solo... You won't it to stop, yea ? Well you need to stop doing it for a start lmao.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

noob q

considering if an attacker attacks and isnt triggering, then a pnap triggers sas. you do realise he has to stay thier for the sas to stay. meaning he has to loose what hes sent too.

and you also realise most people that trigger are to small or to chicken to loose men defending. thierfore. when they attack. its quite unlikely they will stick it out till the very end and suicide to defend thier friend. and if they do. then least they died and will not be any use to the nap again. especially as by attacking instead of defending they get very very few injury returns

so surely falsing a trigger is nothing to worry about. a pointless act. that very few would have the balls to carry through with.

id stay, if they recall on attacking for 3 then the sas will recall if you alone didnt cause the trigger. just as the game ticks sas go you get your attack. pnap cant defend.

if he stays. let him cripple himself. lol he wont do that again soon.

where is the problem..... on the other hand. punishing someone for abusing the system is always fun..

might i suggest that next time they send a triggering attack. Sas come and if they arent going to recall and stay even though it triggers, and die to try and save thier friend. let them. but the victim of this act get a 100% injury return rate :D and get it within the same eta as the attack was sent out at

for example a attacks x and y pnap causes a trigger. they have to stay they have to stay till the very last second for your men to die. they have to sacrifice there men to save x and kill a.
fine let them. government evaluates the mob sent. maybe has them flagged when thay attack that target, knows what they are up to. however the system knows whos doing it let it. put it on the government watch list i dont care.

and when they do this trigger let both people die. just let a(attacker) get told in his news.

"the government is after a known time waster. to exterminate this problem we require his termination.
any losses you suffer in this conflict as a result of friendly fire will be returned to you in full 100%.once the injured have healed curtousy of your government. to serve and protect"

a get 100% injury rate, and attacker gets 5% for unbecoming conduct, also may be fair to warn him prior to the act. every one happy pnap crippled and your free to attack again in the same time it would have taken your army to return no worries.

SmurfDaddyT

Digger

willymchilybily said:
noob q

considering if an attacker attacks and isnt triggering, then a pnap triggers sas. you do realise he has to stay thier for the sas to stay. meaning he has to loose what hes sent too.

and you also realise most people that trigger are to small or to chicken to loose men defending. thierfore. when they attack. its quite unlikely they will stick it out till the very end and suicide to defend thier friend. and if they do. then least they died and will not be any use to the nap again. especially as by attacking instead of defending they get very very few injury returns

so surely falsing a trigger is nothing to worry about. a pointless act. that very few would have the balls to carry through with.

id stay, if they recall on attacking for 3 then the sas will recall if you alone didnt cause the trigger. just as the game ticks sas go you get your attack. pnap cant defend.

you are so incorrect it isnt funny. many times gov comes, the person who triggers recalls but gov stays. happened to me just about 2 days ago when i was triggered on. i dont kno wat cud be so hard to police about triggering....the guy sent 90 mil gurus to attack his friend for gods sake....

but anywayz a punishment should be in place and i agree with whoever said azzer shud continue to at least look into it until the new system is in place

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

SmurfDaddyT said:
willymchilybily said:
noob q

you are so incorrect it isnt funny. many times gov comes, the person who triggers recalls but gov stays. happened to me just about 2 days ago when i was triggered on. i dont kno wat cud be so hard to police about triggering....the guy sent 90 mil gurus to attack his friend for gods sake....

but anywayz a punishment should be in place and i agree with whoever said azzer shud continue to at least look into it until the new system is in place

but are you aure you werent triggering police anyway. sure not the same amount. but maybe 1 or 2 mill... i know it has been fine everytime its been sas for me. i guess with police though the guy can wait till the very last tick. maybe recalling then is different to recalling on attacking for 3. infact he doesnt even need to recall if he triggers police. could just ride it out. hope the police mop up and his friend is fine