[Recruiting] Solo Mercenaries!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'm not playing actively, but I am looking to gather a reputable and honourable group of solos to do disreputable and dishonourable deeds!

It's just an idea I'm tinkering with, but if enough people show interest then I shall make an effort of making it work!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Solo groups suck. Grow a pair and make an alliance.

Or I can do something I've not done since round 20, and play solo like I want to? Say, I like that. Maybe I'll just do that.

Any expressing interest be sure to PM me, as it's way easier to co-ordinate.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
You can play solo without having a 'group' to attack with. Try attacking by yourself instead.

I forgot that I've never been capable of attacking alone. What a refreshing and revealing little snippet.

Here, if you have gripes - You can post them in the gripes section so they get the attention and action that they deserve (that should be approximately none, I should add).

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
So if you're capable of attacking by yourself why do you want a group? If you want to play as a group then do the decent thing and make an alliance.

The very phrase 'solo group' makes me want to facepalm.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
So if you're capable of attacking by yourself why do you want a group? If you want to play as a group then do the decent thing and make an alliance.

Very much this. I just don't like solo groups. All of the power, none of the responsibility. It's just so cowardly to my point of view. I mean feel free to do whatever you want DaX, and I have no doubt that you will but solo groups suck. Although I'm sure Max would disagree.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer

Very much this. I just don't like solo groups. All of the power, none of the responsibility. It's just so cowardly to my point of view. I mean feel free to do whatever you want DaX, and I have no doubt that you will but solo groups suck. Although I'm sure Max would disagree.

And my point is, this is my idea thread - And whilst your point is very valid, I have also clearly stated in my opening post that I seek honourable and reputable people to do dishonourable and disreputable deeds. I got bored of spending every round in an alliance being called all the time, and I didn't massively enjoy being inactive in an alliance either - So it's time for a different approach at a last ditch effort to restore my willingness to log in for this game.

Plus, there are too many alliances this round - It would never fill with people I'd actually want around me. This way I get all of the action, with no loyalties.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Well, I don't think you'll be too successful, but you'll never know until you try. Personally, the idea of solo groups makes me unhappy, but that's why I'm not in one. :p

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
That doesn't effect DaX and his group?

If he wants to have a solo group then allow him to be. If you don't like it, then don't be apart of one :)

Now lets return to singing songs whilst building sandcastles together!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
In honesty, it'll have to be good to justify taking my interest away from doing important things like sitting down and being fairly high most of the time.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I'm not playing actively, but I am looking to gather a reputable and honourable group of solos to do disreputable and dishonourable deeds!

It's just an idea I'm tinkering with, but if enough people show interest then I shall make an effort of making it work!

Max

Garden Designer
I think most people's antagonism towards solo groups is due to two things: principle and altruism.

A solo is called solo - therefore play it alone. That's a fair charge, were it not for PNAPs, should PNAPs not attack together? They certainly organise to defend together. Extend this to a PNAP chain and you have yourselves a group.

A comment was made then about affiliation and responsibility. I completely agree that you choose to play solo because you REJECT responsibility altogether. After playing on a team of 20 with mass inc, wars and politics, it's incredibly attractive to go mercenary and look out for number 1. Yes, it is very selfish. But I hope you can understand why it is appealing to so many who choose that path. So many benefits and so much freedom to do what you want and play how you want wwithout responsibility or banner.

Koeniej

Harvester
Wow it amazes me how people overreact, this is just Dax wanting some banter with a few friends without having to join/make an alliance. Afaik there have allways been IRC channels etc with some solo's to coordinate some attacks and/or chat a little. But oh noes when Dax does it its unacceptable and weak! Also i can totally understand it since you have all the perks of an alliance (attacking together, chatting, etc.) and no pressure of needing to defend/be online much. And before you guys say join an inactive low alliance, some people just like to be little active and not raped to 0 units and <1k land every night! Also if Dax finds 5/6 others thats hadly enough to make a proper alliance.

Max

Garden Designer
On topic - mail DaX today if you are solo and would like to add a little extra chutzpah to your attacks :) You won't regret it!

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Afaik there have allways been IRC channels etc with some solo's to coordinate some attacks and/or chat a little. But oh noes when Dax does it its unacceptable and weak!

My objections are nothing to do with DaX personally. I have always disliked the idea of solo groups.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
He knows I'd obviously rage so hard at him I'd come through his window from a helicopter and yell at him in his sleep. It's not in his hassle/benefit ratio interests for it to be too personal.

I fancy being a total b*stard without having to spy (ticked that one a few rounds ago much to my own entertainment), or down-hit constantly, and without having to actually cheat in any way.

But honestly? It'll be a rawr - So I will endeavour to re-ask for more of you rapscallion solos!