Davis

Tree Surgeon
I'm running the newest version of mac osx, and I have the iMac 27" intel based processor, My girlfriend moved recently and we've been trying to webcam, and skype seems to be the most viable option, however when i go to log into my skype account it says please wait connecting, for about 5 mins, then pops up with an error message:
"Cannot Connect to Skype
Please Check your network settings and try again"

so i figured i'd just use it on my windows partion, except the problem there is for some reason my mic wont work on windows HELP PLZ :(

-Davis

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Mac could be blocking the relevant ports for Skype; Windows would just need some fiddling to make the mic work - should be as simple as turning up the volume in the sound mixer (if using Vista, right click speaker in task tray -> Recording Devices -> select the relevant port/mic then click Properties, go to the Levels tab and up it to max. If using another version, let me know which one!)

Davis

Tree Surgeon
On my windows partition I'm on Windows 7
and I know how to do all that stuff, I'm pretty computer savvy im majoring in graphics design, so I've tried most all of the regular stuff. I spent like 7 hours so far googleing what to do about the mac error and theres like 1 response actually about mac, the rest say they are and are about windows and have no help for me, needless to say none of them worked, however sudinly it worked yesterday but now im afraid to switch to my windows partition to play my games incase it doesn't work again :(
and nope im on my home cable connection.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
It's possible there was just a slight network/DNS glitch then - your Mac couldn't locate the Skype servers to connect to until the cache got refreshed (after some event). Unless you actually changed anything (could be *anything* with a Mac) after which it worked..

Anyway, glad it works now!