Server Catastrophe (Resolved 3/3/2010)

penguin

Official Helper
As I've said before, it's quite a sad thing that the server did that.. and shame on them for actually not having a proper cooling system.. or any at all for the server.

It's nice how the new people are treating all this :)
Working around the clock with updates to get it back up and running.. etc.

Sucks that most the information was lost [and that I won't be getting my develing SA award :s] forever. Nice that a back-up was avail. though.

I think you're handling it very well [better than I could, anyways.]

I know I'll keep purchasing bcs whenever I have the money to get them. It's money going to something that takes most of my free time away :) I don't see me quitting anytime soon.. nor stopping giving you money for what you've created..
just because I have the option not to pay ;)

And like rainbowape said, anything you need, I'll try my best to help :)

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
yesterday, on IRC i believe, azzer metioned something about a PW to keep us happy. is this going to happen? or is the fan still covered in ****?

Elevnos

BANNED
I'm thinking that I'll buy the p-unit for the first time this round, but was wondering if LF is still going to be back

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
PS - I hope your RPG in the making wasn't hosted on the same server? :/

Edit - Seriously, MattM is right. Who gives a **** if the guy left, the company is still responsible.
It's not quite that easy; the company that took over is completely unrelated to the guy that fled. They had no idea about any of the servers under his care - their configuration, requirements, etc. It's not their fault it happened, nor is it their responsibility. It's unfortunate, but there's not really a lot that can be done.

They have however managed to get a replacement constructed, installed and setup within 12 hours of the last one going down - that's fairly impressive work considering some of the components aren't widely available!

Bush was hosted on it's own dedicated server - nothing else on it. RPG will be hosted on it's own dedi server too so there'll be no relation to the too besides the developer!

Terrakan

Harvester

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Unfortunately the guy that set the server up initially essentially did a runner about a month ago, leaving when the [new] hosting company took over the entire of the data-centre.
Finding him would be very difficult & more trouble than it's worth. :(

Well if we do find him, and you need someone to slowly cause him considerable pain with a rusty screwdriver and some angry geese, you know where I am.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Unfortunately the guy that set the server up initially essentially did a runner about a month ago, leaving when the [new] hosting company took over the entire of the data-centre.
Finding him would be very difficult & more trouble than it's worth. :(

Well if we do find him, and you need someone to slowly cause him considerable pain with a rusty screwdriver and some angry geese, you know where I am.

Seconded. It's like bushtarion bounty hunting, but in real life. Shotgun first tick!

timtadams

Landscape Designer
well this is news. Hope the financial loses arent too significant for Azzer.

When i logged in and had to register a new ID I was like 'WTF has the round ended already?' I just assumed that it had as ive been on like once a week due to uni and havnt been paying much attention to it.

TheTallOne

Digger
* The Bush Wiki. This was simply unrecoverable in any state from any backup. The nature of the hot the Wiki database works is such that it was simply unrecoverable. I'm so sorry guys. There was a lot of content on there. I'm reverting to the old style Bushtarion manual, and granting certain helpers the ability to update and modify the manual pages from their helper accounts, to keep it up to date.

Damn :(