SatNav Help ....

vlad

Harvester
Hiya, random Question to ask, but didn't know where to post.

I am looking for a SatNav that i can enter in Co-Ords as one of its direction functions. I just don't know what i'm looking for. Bar looking at every one of the SatNavs on say Ebuyer, does anyone know before hand for what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,
-Vlad

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: SatNav Help ....

I'm pretty sure most if not all SatNav/GPS have that function. All I've used/tried had that particular function. Probably best to just ask the manufacturer or shop before buying one, to be certain?

Augustus

Head Gardener

Buy a TomTom. They're the Nokia of Sat Navs, a lot more reliable than their competitors. From what I've seen all Sat Navs have unreliable tendencies, I've used a number through either work or friends/relatives and TomToms are the most accurate, reliable, quick to update, user friendly and intuitive when it comes to features and the GUI. Also I'm sure you have the ability to enter in coordinates, even on the most basic models(double check this as I haven't used it but I'm sure I've seen the option). Plus they have points of interest....perfect when your trying to find a Burger King in London :D

Garrett

Landscape Designer

even if you buy new one, on first day of release... make sure you ask if there are any software updates.

they periodically and often update their maps/locations.

SatNav's need somewhat constant care just to make sure you have the latest geographic info.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Aye Sat-Navs can be really frustrating with outdated map info, and even more so when one-way systems change direction but your sat-nav map is out of date - can realyl screw up driving around a city :p

But I wuold recommend TomTom as the best SatNav brand. As somebody said, they are like the Nokia of sat-navs.