round 43 - ANQ|FL|HC love triangle

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
LS. Do you really not remember Garrett? You were active in forums then iirc. o.0

Max

Garden Designer
Right, so people above you are apparently beneath contempt for seeking out the easiest targets for small and relatively guaranteed land? I led a rank 4 alliance, which was a 'feeder' for the top 3. I never complained once.

Exactly. In Event Horizon we ended up as the rank 4 alliance and there was no reason to complain about the absurd levels of incoming we received from the other 3 - because it was perfectly logical.

Naturally, because attacks between the top 3 required considerable effort and participation to ensure a success, there will be time in between these planned attacks when people are looking for easy land. Some turn to solos, some turn to sending at the top of the lower alliances for easy land - consequently those alliances get a lot of inc.

The root of the problem (as always) is the lack of players in the game, rather than the mindset of the individuals. If there were more alliances it wouldn't have just been EH taking the heat rounds ago... similarly it wouldn't just be Funky this round.

Podunk

Head Gardener
Right, so people above you are apparently beneath contempt for seeking out the easiest targets for small and relatively guaranteed land? I led a rank 4 alliance, which was a 'feeder' for the top 3. I never complained once.

You get your head down and defend, and attack for the losses back. It's simple. I didn't have the following to make any sort of successful up-attacking, so I stuck with defending what I had effectively. You can take a gander for yourself, that nobody complained of mass incoming from TDA a couple of rounds back - In fact, I've re-recruited many of them since because they were dedicated to rebuilding and defending despite being constantly battered from above.

I just don't get what the big fuss is - You can either accept the fact you're the most capable 'half-assed' alliance, and come hand-in-hand with being a 'feeder' alliance, or you can just sort of stop doing anything and be relatively similar to Discworld. Why all the hate for people playing the game?

/facepalm

I'm not complaining here but would like to point out a few fundamental differences between the rounds you're talking about.

This round features 3 FTW allies. 1 so called 'feeder' alliance being funky.

The round with TDA there was only 1 FTW ally and 2 try-hard alliances. Then 4-5 'feeder' alliances for the try-hards.

If you do the math that means, there was a 25% chance that TDA would be chosen for simple pick & sends by either combo or anagram. Where this round funky has a 100% chance to be targeted by pick & sends and land trains as there is no other alliances around our score to spread around the inc load.

It is rather annoying :p

Max

Garden Designer
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't TDA actually about twice the size of their surrounding alliances, with quite a bit more land?

And also correct me if I am wrong, but there were only 2 FTW alliances (1 of which has now disbanded) and 2 FTF setups at the top this round...

So the way I see it it's a pretty good analogy?

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Pod - FL never recruited for the intention to win.. Some of our members prove that over and over again. :p But I'll digress.. Its really hard to say your not FTW when your ally is in the lead.. Even if that was never your intention.. :/

Garrett - The only one proving their lack of intelligence here is you. Correcting an individual's grammar in a setting where they are talking (typing) to others in a casual setting is something I would only expect from a douche. (Best word I can use to describe it) Your generalization and refusal to back up your own claims only makes me smile. If you want me to even begin to guess as to when your talking about, provide specifics. I remember enough from every round I've ever played to tell you everything I did in it, (Starting in Round 7) and I know for a fact that I have never complained that the game was too hard.. Even in round 7 when I was in mechanoid led by a player that went by phoenix at the time. There were 3 mechanoid alliances, and 1 of them separated from the other 2 as they had more active members, I would make and spend 100b on troops, and lose it overnight, every night..

Leeroy - shh :p go back to your cage Mr. Leader!

Alci - No, I do not remember Garrett, and I remember anyone that has left an impression on me one way or another. Apparently, if I knew him, I wasn't impressed. His first impression so far only reinforces that.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
I would like to make a point here, about English and grammar. While it can be viewed as conforming to the standard (Oxford English), there are hundreds of variations of English including both spelling and grammar as taught by a state education system. There are provinces with a population of 5-6 thousand people where proper grammar varies greatly from what you or I speak.

So please refrain yourself from correcting others as whilst they may be incorrect they may also just be speaking (typing) in accordance with standards they were taught.

Also on topic a few points:
1)ANQ could win this round if they wished as they have played the most FTW of any alliance
2) FL, HC, ANQ and Dimension have taken advantage of what opportunities they had to play the game successfully and enjoy themselves.
3) The game has changed over the last few years, to judge the game today against what was considered standard and fair methods of play several rounds ago.
4) Stop being whiny Brats, you don't like who's winning then do something about it all your posturing on here just proves that you don't deserve the win. (I say this about everyone including FL, stop whining on here and just enjoy the game :p)

Finally, Welcome back garret :)
Are you actually married to Tana? I never knew this :p

Elderveld

Official Helper
ng) in accordance with standards they were taught.

1)ANQ could win this round if they wished as they have played the most FTW of any alliance

Lol, how?

ANQ tried to play fair and 1v1. If ANQ wanted to go FTW they WOULD have teamed up whit another alliance to get more impressive results. But as ANQ does not WANT to win. ANQ wanted to have fun.

HC are the biggest SQ+FTW this round. They havent been able to properly war. Only after the 2vs1. Were they outgrew ANQ and had(still have) a massive land lead, they decided ot attack on their own. They gained land but they got killed pretty hard in defence.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
How you ask? I didn't say there were the most aggressive or anything of the sort i said they played the most ftw... They are clearly contactable they have a strong team and are prepared to put in the effort to achieve whatever goals they want (you may notice here I said whatever goals they have wanted to).

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

there is no culture where the possessive 'your' is acceptable for 'you're = you are'

it's about being able to make your point understood. and it's (mostly) good to be back.

Lucky - you have devolved into the realm of circular arguments. You are full of the sound and the fury signifying nothing. Good luck removing your head from your ass :)

Podunk

Head Gardener
LS - I don't care about the intentions of your alliances when you recruited, its obvious to me that the top 3 alliances have put in the time and effort to be considered without a shadow of a doubt as a FTW ally. Don't try to tell me otherwise because I'm not buying it, you're playing politics to try to get people to underestimate you. Propaganda. Anyone with more than 3 braincells can see that.

Max - TDA had a 15% score lead on the allies around them, I checked. And funky is the alliance that has a 50% score lead on the next alliance down. It's not similar in the least.

Elevnos

BANNED
ng) in accordance with standards they were taught.

Lol, how?

ANQ tried to play fair and 1v1. If ANQ wanted to go FTW they WOULD have teamed up whit another alliance to get more impressive results. But as ANQ does not WANT to win. ANQ wanted to have fun.

HC are the biggest SQ+FTW this round. They havent been able to properly war. Only after the 2vs1. Were they outgrew ANQ and had(still have) a massive land lead, they decided ot attack on their own. They gained land but they got killed pretty hard in defence.

The score gap in terms of troops when HC first attacked ANQ alone was almost equal to some attacks ANQ did on HC...

CFalcon

Official Helper
HC are the biggest SQ+FTW this round.

They gained land but they got killed pretty hard in defence.

So if we recall from strong defence, we're SQ.

And if we stay, we're still SQ, but you guys get bragging rights.

Cheese with your whine? It's a strong one, smells like bias.

bluehen55

Harvester

there is no culture where the possessive 'your' is acceptable for 'you're = you are'

it's about being able to make your point understood. and it's (mostly) good to be back.

Lucky - you have devolved into the realm of circular arguments. You are full of the sound and the fury signifying nothing. Good luck removing your head from your ass :)

A Shakespeare reference on the Bushtarion forums? You clearly don't understand the level of discourse required here anymore Garrett ;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

You get your head down and defend, and attack for the losses back. It's simple. I didn't have the following to make any sort of successful up-attacking, so I stuck with defending what I had effectively. You can take a gander for yourself, that nobody complained of mass incoming from TDA a couple of rounds back - In fact, I've re-recruited many of them since because they were dedicated to rebuilding and defending despite being constantly battered from above.

I just don't get what the big fuss is - You can either accept the fact you're the most capable 'half-assed' alliance, and come hand-in-hand with being a 'feeder' alliance, or you can just sort of stop doing anything and be relatively similar to Discworld. Why all the hate for people playing the game?

/facepalm

I'm not complaining here but would like to point out a few fundamental differences between the rounds you're talking about.

This round features 3 FTW allies. 1 so called 'feeder' alliance being funky.

The round with TDA there was only 1 FTW ally and 2 try-hard alliances. Then 4-5 'feeder' alliances for the try-hards.

If you do the math that means, there was a 25% chance that TDA would be chosen for simple pick & sends by either combo or anagram. Where this round funky has a 100% chance to be targeted by pick & sends and land trains as there is no other alliances around our score to spread around the inc load.

It is rather annoying :p

Thanks, Podunk, for very nicely saying what I was trying and failing to.

I never meant to start a hate-fest with my original post, although I'll take full responsibility for it. I was just trying to get FL and HC to chill out a bit with the bashing.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer

A Shakespeare reference on the Bushtarion forums? You clearly don't understand the level of discourse required here anymore Garrett ;)

Actually it's Faulkner.