robotics costs!

robojonny

Beginner
Advanced Micro-circuitry 122 20h 20m £18,419,400,000
Bio-Mechanics 286 1d 23h 40m £194,427,000,000

Huh?
Can anyone explain to me why it costs over 10 times as much and why it takes over a day more to do the next development in robotics, besides buying 10 million acres or using real money to buy credits, how else are people supposed to afford that?
There is no point buying loads of land, due to the fact that automotons is all you can realistically have and their ineffectivness is such that you will get owned all the time!
What is a guy to do???
Any solutions to the problem? :mad:

Bully

Weeder
Re: robotics costs!

I understand your concern however, its one of those routes that is extrememly powerfull later on. As a spec op and thug, I cringed at robotic route, when they haxed me. They can hurt plenty.

That being said, there is a big price jump / gap in that particular tree of the route.

jugbug

Weeder

Robotics price is definitely worth it once you get them fully teched up, most routes fear you.

Hippie

Harvester

lol you get it easy... hypnos cost more than tl and take longer to dev, are more expensive for a single unit and are late firing... work that out :p

btw, robos will hurt any route even rpg and striker if done right that is why they are soo expensive

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

i played robo for like 8 rounds and every round (always went PA) i spent a small amount of time in a corner crying about the development cost...but it is completely neccesary...if the PA (and then CW even more so) development wasnt so expensive we would have (as common sense dictates) PAs alot sooner, which would shorten the early round start...also without wanting to play the "the top will become to powerful" card...the top players/alliances would get PAs first (most likely) and tbh other than if you have EMPs, PAs are pretty unstoppable at that point in the round...certainly if someone has alot of them (and more than likely is attacking alliances far below them)

and like hippie said (and others) once you are fully tech'd there are very few routes you cant actually attack/defend against effectively with different set ups..rpg being one of them (unless they have a **** set up)...even strikers will be less inclined to attack you if you have a good amount of CW

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

pinpower said:
i played robo for like 8 rounds and every round (always went PA) i spent a small amount of time in a corner crying about the development cost...but it is completely neccesary...if the PA (and then CW even more so) development wasnt so expensive we would have (as common sense dictates) PAs alot sooner, which would shorten the early round start...also without wanting to play the "the top will become to powerful" card...the top players/alliances would get PAs first (most likely) and tbh other than if you have EMPs, PAs are pretty unstoppable at that point in the round...certainly if someone has alot of them (and more than likely is attacking alliances far below them)
That's why PA got to such dev price and dev etas. Because there weren't any EMP around. Now, I am saving up for PA, and already I have my automotons pwned in defence by EMP (edit: With now I didn't mean to indicate a time, because i'm talking about the first week of the round :/)... So I think there is something really wrong.
Either make EMP more expensive and take longer, so
a) You stop EMP from taking out the only protection a robotic has against flak incomings, being the automoton.
b) You give an incentive to play paratroopers, who are nowadays only played by, sorry to say, total noobs.
Or make PA cheaper again. There are emp out at that time, rendering pa useless unless you like to see them die. And secondly, pa don't target nld, so if you attack on your own, you're likely to get either emp, making you recall, or gurus, stopping you from landing. So the entire "PA is overpowered"-line is a bit outdated. ;)

pinpower said:
and like hippie said (and others) once you are fully tech'd there are very few routes you cant actually attack/defend against effectively with different set ups..rpg being one of them (unless they have a smeg set up)...even strikers will be less inclined to attack you if you have a good amount of CW
You can't defend against:
a) Poms, because you don't even target nld, except with automotons.
b) EMP + harriers: They will clear every last let of you before they even fire.
c) Striker: Unless you powerhouse your way through it, they *should* kill you without any problems. PA will do nothing, and strikers really have few problems with cw, anyway less problems with cw than cw have with striker. ;)
d) RPG: Unless you last tick, the rpg will deal a lot of damage before you fire, and the only unit that can wtfpwn them, the tyrant drone, is the easiest killable, so frankly, you see some cw fire, but they don't really do much damage. :)

I'm not saying the robotic route is rubbish, but saying that they are unbeatable later in the round, is a bridge too far imho. There is imho only one route that is unbeatable (with the current injury system), and that's pom, because you can't kill them, and if you finally succeed in taking some down, they return anyway. :p
So I actually agree with the gripe: Make PA cheaper! (and CW too, they're evil for us noobs. :()

Souls

Official Helper

Pff, try ranger. From 20bil to 287bil :p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Souls said:
Pff, try ranger. From 20bil to 287bil :p

426b (at the moment) for CW? :p
But I can understand cw and rangers cost that much, pa on the other hand have been nerfed a lot, first by upping the price, then by introducing emp, but the price didn't drop. :p

R3bel

Weeder

Think you guys have it bad? :p

Stealth Cloaking Research 5d 18h £860,497,500,000

Going to be bare long before i get F117's :(

Tapey

Weeder

Its realy nt bad. Im 2 hours away frm finishing cw and i was cookie locked 4 four days and raped of all my land on the 1st day of being locked. Its a pain geting there granted. Bt its worth it.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Tapey said:
Its realy nt bad. Im 2 hours away frm finishing cw and i was cookie locked 4 four days and raped of all my land on the 1st day of being locked. Its a pain geting there granted. Bt its worth it.

It's not worth it imho. If there was another way of getting tyrants, I'd gladly leave the cw out. Give me hoolies/hippy vans, shields, pa and tyrants, and you can keep your cw for 426b. :)

Pete

Pruner

Funds: £407,100,727,499
Nano-Technology 324 2d 6h £421,197,000,000

im solo shields, no defence from everything, my funds score means antirape doesnt kick in basically.
its a hard life when you get attacked all the time :s
just got to wait 4h then i can afford it and attk at a decent range :)
x

Haplo

Planter

Mind giving me your id so I can come and bribe those shields off from you? :p

Pete

Pruner

as i said, i have started them :)
and ive got one person in mind for a straight off killing

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Hobbezak said:
my automotons pwned in defence by EMP ... So I think there is something really wrong.
Either make EMP more expensive and take longer, so
a) You stop EMP from taking out the only protection a robotic has against flak incomings, being the automoton.

i have to disagree. from the view point that EMPs only target lethals. so it just makes one routes job a little easier to get through your lethals. if you rely to heavily on lethals and dont make good use of droids i guess it can be frustrating. but considering how inpenertrable robos will become i think its not a bad thing having one sub route out of everything that can potentially get you. its popular because robos are popular. if no one went robo's would it still be popular?

also how good does it feel after being raped all last round by robos to get a little revenge.

think you been too use to being invincible hobbz :lol: