Resist

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Us inferior? i think the only thing we've asked for any credit for this round is fighting alone you know like 20 members and not 50-60 people

To me that makes us one of the very few (maybe even the only) alliance that has refused to play the politics game and only play the wargame

Might not mean much to 99% of the playerbase but it matters to us and tbh our brave 20 is all i care about

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I sympathise (I spent the whole of round 29 in Desperados, possibly the most apathetic alliance ever :p), but politics is a key part of the game, so people understandably get worked up...

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Ah Hobbe the stalker has reappeared i wonder when Enrico will join in ^^

funny-pictures-ticklish-shark.jpg

edit: My point with this is that either spamposts should be funny, or not made at all.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Let it be known far and wide to every resisting alli.
<snip> motivational poster with vulcan and 3D chessboard </snip>
Now stop your bickering and get on with it :D

Kinda sad that the only really succesful ally in the resistance of RRR was RRR...
Wonder how it will go with RebelRR?

As long as there is juicy BRs posted, I'm happy though! :D

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
Don't lie about being uncontactable. That's just not accurate. Loads of you got pranked on when we launched our attack since phantom had the contact list saved, and enigma has plenty of numbers in his phone.

Don't make yourself out to be complete martyrs because that is a bit of a mis representation of the facts.

Admittedly you weren't on *at* the time but that's because we picked the moment when our targets were least inactive.

There were plenty of posts earlier in this round about how 'contactable' we are so don't even dare pull the 'inactive ally' card now. That's just pure bullshit.

we had become an 'inactive ally' as most do once u think you've got the round in the bag... i hate to think how the 2 that are on holiday will feel about how 'contactable' u say they were when u all betrayed us

hence saying 'mostly' contactable.

betrayal, loyalty blah ****ing blah. This is a game damnit. you obviously had zero respect for me before we did this, so why should i feel even the slightest iota of sympathy for you when we beat you down?

This is a game, you are people i barely know through the internet; and you talk about LOYALTY, and HONOUR and BETRAYAL? christ on a cracker, you obviously take this game far too seriously.... get with it, this is game, we did a funny thing, and you should be able to laugh about it.

the very fact that you cry about this game more or less defines the fact that you shouldn't be on the internet. this is a place for not very sensitive people. Any sympathy i had in originally leaving you guys behind, has evaporated given your response. Sorry. We're better off without you.

yeah your right... i am too sensitive for this game, and much more naive than i thought. I did have respect for you before all this as a player just not as a person. Someone who gets their kicks out of giving people **** doesn't deserve respect. I'm sure you're all having a great big laugh over how sensitive i am. Part of the reason, so i thought, for playing this game was to make internet friends obviously this is not the case. Hope u guys have fun filling the aussie timezone without Enigma and I seeing as polo thinks it necessary to beg us every round to join whatever ally he is in/leading.

I'm done even looking at forums now. Good luck to the resistance and all my loyal friends out there :)

Dont worry yourself about filling the Aussie time zone.. Kuda and I are on it, and I shouldnt have to tell you how capable Kuda is. Either way, win or lose, we will be fine. Because this is a game.

CFalcon

Official Helper
OF, as commendable as it is to want to work alone and not be pushed into things by other people, the rest of the game simply doesn't work like that. The political game is still out there and you can't make it go away by ignoring it.

And as hard as this is for you to accept, there was a real feeling at the start of the resistance that we were being hindered by OF, especially losing our valuable RPG players (given RRR being armour heavy) to stealth rushes. Now you say "we weren't delibterately trying to hinder the resistance, we attack wherever whenever for our own fun" which I can accept. Now you need to accept that if we were rapidly leaking troops to an external force that it made sense to plug that leak.

The resistance this round has become more of a marathon than a sprint, so it is not possible to simply ignore the odd incoming and still go ahead with a resistance strike, because RRR are forcing us to grind them rather than giving up after a few days. Those odd incomings add up.

The naivety to think the resistance is just an excuse to bash other alliances is staggering. Many attacks have been made, hours and hours of planning gone in, but you are just going to ignore that? The shortage of BRs is down to RRRs efficiency in defence, and maybe a lack of skill/effort on the part of the players the resistance leaders are calling upon. But to suggest that there is no resistance and this is all an elaborate ploy is both bitter and ignorant.

Lordie

Planter
OF, as commendable as it is to want to work alone and not be pushed into things by other people, the game simply doesn't work like that. The political game is still out there and you can't make it go away by ignoring it.

And as hard as this is for you to accept, there was a real feeling at the start of the resistance that we were being hindered by OF, especially losing our valuable RPG players (given RRR being armour heavy) to stealth rushes. Now you say "we weren't delibterately trying to hinder the resistance, we attack wherever whenever for our own fun" which I can accept. Now you need to accept that if we were rapidly leaking troops to an external force that it made sense to plug that leak.

The resistance this round has become more of a marathon than a sprint, so it is not possible to simply ignore the odd incoming and still go ahead with a resistance strike, because RRR are forcing us to grind them rather than giving up after a few days. Those odd incomings add up.

The naivety to think the resistance is just an excuse to bash other alliances is staggering. Many attacks have been made, hours and hours of planning gone in, but you are just going to ignore that? The shortage of BRs is down to RRRs efficiency in defence, and maybe a lack of skill/effort on the part of the players the resistance leaders are calling upon. But to suggest that there is no resistance and this is all an elaborate ploy is both bitter and ignorant.

Hi there. If you had been paying attention to what we've stated, we only said the resistance was an excuse to bash other alliances at the start of the round - where our 'non-compliance' led to resistance(150 mobs) attacking us.

Lordie.

CFalcon

Official Helper
OF, as commendable as it is to want to work alone and not be pushed into things by other people, the game simply doesn't work like that. The political game is still out there and you can't make it go away by ignoring it.

[size=+1]The resistance this round has become more of a marathon than a sprint, so it is not possible to simply ignore the odd incoming and still go ahead with a resistance strike, because RRR are forcing us to grind them rather than giving up after a few days. Those odd incomings add up.[/size]

Hi there. If you had been paying attention to what we've stated, we only said the resistance was an excuse to bash other alliances at the start of the round - where our 'non-compliance' led to resistance(150 mobs) attacking us.

Lordie.

I think you'll find some of my points are referring to the start of the round (see bold).

And I think you'll find the others are still perfectly valid now. The part I've put in larger font is particularly relevant now.

I would also refer you to Element's last post. ("resistance is your own personal strike force").

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I agree with CF. OF was hindering resistance efforts. Not only in that the resistance alliances had inc from OF, as CF mentioned some of these were SA rushes on the resistance's RPGs, but standing aside and letting others do the work of what is traditionally the work of all alliances below rank 1.

I'm glad, however, to see OF finally pulling their finger out and doing something. Even if it is alone.

Lordie

Planter

Lordie.

I think you'll find some of my points are referring to the start of the round (see bold).

And I think you'll find the others are still perfectly valid now. The part I've put in larger font is particularly relevant now.

I would also refer you to Element's last post. ("resistance is your own personal strike force").

With all respect, Old Farts opinions are posted by 'Old Fart', not it's members.

Indeed these points are relevant, I was merely saying, as a whole, we as an alliance have not stated this since the first time it happened.

What I have placed in bold, is what I was referring to with your original post.

CFalcon

Official Helper
With all respect, Old Farts opinions are posted by 'Old Fart', not it's members.

Indeed these points are relevant, I was merely saying, as a whole, we as an alliance have not stated this since the first time it happened.

Then I apologise for making it seem like I'm generalising. I was making my points to the people who still hold that opinion, which clearly some in your alliance still do, and some outside it too.

I also find it kind of 'cult of personality' for the opinions of all the members to be voiced by 'the leader' :D

Lordie

Planter

Then I apologise for making it seem like I'm generalising. I was making my points to the people who still hold that opinion, which clearly some in your alliance still do, and some outside it too.

I also find it kind of 'cult of personality' for the opinions of all the members to be voiced by 'the leader' :D

Hehe. It is not the leader who posts as 'Old Fart'. We all have access to this account, and post the joint feelings that we discuss within the alliance. :)

Charles007

Weeder
The reason the resistence dosnt work, same reason for the rest of bush.. Lack of trust.

Twig, i sent u something about atttacking RRR back before the treachary and what did u do ? You promptly sent my note to u to them. They sent it back to me. Why would i ever attack with u?

Even in the first hits done on RRR, people wasnt committed... they dont trust anyone in bush! All they are looking for is a way to cut ur throat... and not anything good.

I looked in my other games... And they are alll fighting games. Sorry no treachary in them... WOW, man them guy would never turn on there clan. AE , again these guys never turn on there guys either. Humm... both other games... man no one in there turns on any one either.

Without trust, u have nothing and never will.

Besides look at that new alley they formed... "birds of a feather flock together" ... awww that cant be right ... that only applys to life .. not a game.

Trust is every thing. without it nothing else works. As u clearly see. Dang ... again that applys to life and not a game! lolol

i guess i really shouldnt be playing bush ... the rules of common decency are sooooooo wierd here, maybe its not the rules but the people !

Wish Azzer would do away with Alleys , then lets see how good u "elite" players are. I already know the answer to that :) Without a chance to rob there friends of land ... they wouldnt get very far, if they even got out the gate.

So in the end ... the resistance sucks.... no trust = no resistance.

Charles007

Weeder
restiance dont work cause of lack of trust.

I wrote u twig on attacking rrr before the treachary.... and what did u do ? u sent it to rrr and they sent it back to me . Why would i ever attack with u, or trust u?

And look at the new alley .. birds of a feather flock together, oh sorry that applys in life and not in a game. excuse me.

But still in the end without trust u have nothing else going on ! Again this applys in life... and not in a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Charles you are one the anoying solos that attacked all of the alliances trying to resist when they had inc from RRR.

I wanted RRR to kill you because you kept hitting us, and i do NOT want your help.

I think there is plenty of trust between me and JJ, maybe not so much between the rest but what has to be done will be done.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
no the resistance, charles, sucks because there are only 2 ftw allies in it. between those two ftw they do not have enough to pull it off.

even when we do get together to attack it's always the same tactic and 99.9% ends in recall.

so i'm not sure where it's expected to go or how the coordinators of it expect to win with such drivel.

otherwise it's an ok group. it's just boring and i'm bored.

but today there is a bday in the family and it's father's day. don't plan on spending too much time here today.

septimus

Harvester
I side with OF here, go get em...tiger doesn't quite fit in with the oldness. But either way, implying that any allies involved in the resistance are off limits is a bit ridiculous.

I have to slightly disagree- they are both equally culpable for the bickering. Further if you are talking about supporting in game, you have to support the resistance, do you not? As much as people would have you believe otherwise, it is happening.

Why do I have to support the resistance? During both "Resistances" the allies involved in the resistance have hit me and my ally, so why do I have to support them now? I'd rather see the new RRR win, as they've done less to me then the resistance allies have.

It seems to me the resistance, especially this round, has been used as a guise to kill lower ranked allies in a group, IE the hits on OF earlier by all resistance allies. The hits by Ailiphilia on EF...or was it Fail? To jumpstart something. I have yet to see any meaningful resisting taking place, just sending and recalling it seems, and then hitting lower ranked allies. Garrett made mention of only a couple allies taking place in the resistance, think that might have something to do with the resistance allies pushing any other potential allies to low to actually do anything? Just my opinion, either way I hope for some nice BRs, but in the meantime I really don't care about the resistance.

I realize this is a war game, so the hits to the lower allies are par for the course, but to then say that any kind of retaliation is just trying to screw the resistance is a bit over the top and ridiculous.