Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Saw this on imgur. lol'd

L4ML3kh.jpg
L4ML3kh

L4ML3kh

Max

Garden Designer
Although I was disappointed that the best Square-Enix could come up with is a FFXIII spinoff and new Kingdom Hearts game. Come on guys - come up with something new and creative! Stop recycling old ideas! *Rant over*

I take it back - they released a nice gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy XV (previously Final Fantasy Versus XIII I think). It looks like a serious, more realistic version of Kingdom Hearts. I am very interested in trying this in about 10 years when I can justify buying an old copy of it :D

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Yes, yes it does. And the way that tower comes down in the multiplayer trailer... I needs it precious...
The Division looks interesting too I thought. And I'll get FF15 for sure, looks immense and I love those games.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Battlefield 4 looks...

AMAZINGGGGG

The trailer/gameplay was all on PC though- it won't look that good on console :p

I know the PS4 specs don't look like a high end PC today, but the unified RAM makes significantly more efficient use of system resources. And I know CPU isn't fastest, but CPU is less important in gaming. It's more the GPU. And PS4 GPU IS basically a high end PC GPC. There is also no OS overhead, or from other applications. All background tasks are handled by a separate processor. The GDDR5 RAM is also better than DDR3 RAM because GDDR5 has much higher bandwidth and can transfer larger amounts of data quicker. While latency is much higher, it doesn't really matter because GPUs are of parallel nature which means it can just switch to next calculation whenever latency causes a stall. I.e. GDDR5 is best option for gaming.

PS4 has significant potential, but it may be a couple of years before developers are able to take full advantage of it.

In which case, you are probably right that PS4 may not look as good as that trailer.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
If I went with a new console - it'd be the ps4 and I've been anti sony for a long time. The new xbox is meant to be a home theatre / entertainment system and at least for now is drm laden with the requirement of having a net connection to connect every 24 hrs or it's an unauthorized console after you've already paid hundreds for the system. **** micropenis.

(All console warring aside, I'd rather have an upgraded comp.)

edit: after posting this, apparently microsoft has decided to reverse nearly all their drm policies. huge backlash. probably still damages them short term. still wouldn't get it. said that the console was built around drm and couldn't flip a switch to undo the drm changes. got backlash, flipped the switch. which means they can turn it back on.

**** em.

Last edited:

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
edit: after posting this, apparently microsoft has decided to reverse nearly all their drm policies. huge backlash. probably still damages them short term. still wouldn't get it. said that the console was built around drm and couldn't flip a switch to undo the drm changes. got backlash, flipped the switch. which means they can turn it back on.

**** em.

While I can see why it would be a concern that they can still turn it back on, you've got to think they won't- not after the negative reaction their initial announcement already provoked. To renege on this change of policy would really be the final nail in the coffin.

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
Sony will win this war.

Xbox has, as MattM said, provoked negative reaction, and made people turn their backs. Sony has impressed gamers and provoked a positive response.

GO SONY! (For the first time)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
Sad thing is that xbox did so poorly that sony simply announced that they wouldn't be doing the drm crap and everyone applauded. They didn't really announce anything revolutionary.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
This excuse of piracy to make obscene profits and change laws has enough backing as it is - It's about time it's them that started backing the f*ck down on ludicrous ideas like that. Greedy pigs. Sony already won, because I still won't buy xbox for the multitude of other downright wrong ideals.

Drop the Kinect. I don't want it. Others don't want it. It's a gimmick they use for covert market research and to make the US government stroke their heads approvingly.

Drop compulsory anything. Nothing should be compulsory if you are making teens your target audience. No live internet feed to turn on, no Kinect connection to play, etc.

They have a lot to turn back on if they want to get people back.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
This excuse of piracy to make obscene profits and change laws has enough backing as it is - It's about time it's them that started backing the f*ck down on ludicrous ideas like that. Greedy pigs. Sony already won, because I still won't buy xbox for the multitude of other downright wrong ideals.

Drop the Kinect. I don't want it. Others don't want it. It's a gimmick they use for covert market research and to make the US government stroke their heads approvingly.

Drop compulsory anything. Nothing should be compulsory if you are making teens your target audience. No live internet feed to turn on, no Kinect connection to play, etc.

They have a lot to turn back on if they want to get people back.

Yep. They really dropped the ball here.