Portal Is Free!

webvictim

Harvester
It's a fantastic game. I already own it on PC anyway, but I've downloaded it on my Mac for great justice :)

tomtree

Head Gardener
right i swear portal shouldnt need a great pc to run it... yet it keeps crashing on my laptop! i admit thAt i have a **** graphics card, but ive been playing the starcraft 2 beta on it quite a lot recently and havnt had any problems at all.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
it has fairly highish req. same as HL2 i believe. brilliant game, obviously already bought it ages ago just like any other valve fan.

tomtree

Head Gardener
think i have managed to get my pc working, :) and im liking the game! though i dont think i would have paid more than £5 or so for it if it hadnt been free.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
HOLY **** PERFECT TIMING
I loved portal, but only ever had it on the xbox as my laptop was made of fail. Was just thinking yesterday about getting it again for another play through now that I have this sexy new PC.

For anyone who's never played it, get it. It's awesome.

Thanks for letting us know Davis.

Edit - On another note. I always love how I get awesome download speeds with steam. I average 1.5mb/s with them, I never get anywhere close to that with anything else.

Souls

Official Helper
Steam used to be such a **** client. I'm glad they've sorted themselves out :p

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Downloaded about a week ago - Completed last night (did the last 4 missions or so in a row, was damn eager to find out what happened at the end)

The level difficulty goes up at a really good pace (though I did find the final boss fight a bit too straightforward) - All in all a fantastic, must-have game that everyone should play!

Awe-inspiring when you think you've no chance and take a stab at stuff you're fairly sure won't work but then does :p

Very nice graphics - and a really funny storyline to keep you entertained during more troublesome levels.

Get it.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Downloaded about a week ago - Completed last night (did the last 4 missions or so in a row, was damn eager to find out what happened at the end)

The level difficulty goes up at a really good pace (though I did find the final boss fight a bit too straightforward) - All in all a fantastic, must-have game that everyone should play!

Awe-inspiring when you think you've no chance and take a stab at stuff you're fairly sure won't work but then does :p

Very nice graphics - and a really funny storyline to keep you entertained during more troublesome levels.

Get it.

This.
I spent a solid day on this game in addiction trying to complete it.
A word of advice; The cake is a lie.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
lies.jpg