Point infractions?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Whatta hell are these point infractions?
I have went throught all the rule pages and tried wiki and I cant find any list or mention of people being assigned points from infractions and how those points are determined and what if you get x amount of points...

Shows once again on what level we are on this modding stuf...
Anyone care to explain?

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
When a moderator gives an infraction they have several options to choose from in the new PHPP Boards. Every rule has it's own infraction value, such as spamming/bumping is one point, posting exploits is 3 points.

The mod in question can choose to give a warning for the infraction which is 0 points if they want. Once your points rack up to say 5-6 you get an automatic ban from the forum.

It's actually a pretty cool system that's not being used or explained to it's full effectiveness

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
f0xx If you have something to say you can stop using colours and then notify me of that vie PM and maybe I might unignore you. You decided your course and I decided mine :p

HG where I can find this system and how it works? I think its BS if theres system that is used but no one is told about it.

Ohh thats why I have that point mark in my control panel from you that has expired.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Just as a side note, users are told about it as and when they recieve such infractions. And are given a further warning if they are close to recieving an automatic ban (due to their points level).

Its a really good idea, means bans are issued automattically for set times. Makes things far more uniformed.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The infractions levels etc. weren't publicised because I just didn't think people needed to see them up-front, and because I don't want people attempting to use the list when they get given an infraction in a sort of "Hey I got given X infraction but I should have been given Y infraction, I demand a retrial" - we all know what some (a minority) of people are like when faced with punishments, they will try and cause trouble in any way and for any reason they can ;P People have the forum rules so know what not to do... the only people that ever need to see the infractions are people that receive one, and when they receive one they get told about it there and then ;)

The "pre-configured" infractions atm are as below, but bare in mind mods are able to give custom infractions and custom points, because as we know sometimes a situation calls for an alteration!

Bad formatting for the below paste, but basically the columns are "reason" "points" "how long until those points 'vanish/expire'";

Inappropriate spamming/bumping 1 30 Day(s)
Inappropriate advertising/linking 1 30 Day(s)
General flame/troll/rant 1 30 Day(s)
Off category/off topic thread or post 1 30 Day(s)
Language other than English 1 30 Day(s)
Posting an exploit publicly 3 90 Day(s)
Posting public accusations against others 3 90 Day(s)
'Stalking' another forum user/player 3 90 Day(s)
Excessive profanity 3 90 Day(s)
Inappropriate content (rule #2.2) 3 90 Day(s)
Serious disregard for forum rules/other users 6 120 Day(s)
Threatening behaviour towards another forum user or player 10 250 Day(s)

As said - these are not hard-wired. If somebody breaks a specific rule excessively/to a great degree, they may be given extra infraction points. If a user has done something for the first time/in a more minor way, they may be given a point-less (as in, without points... not the literal word 'pointless'!) warning, or an infraction with lower points. At no point do I want to see any user who gets given an infraction try to turn around, paste the above list, and say "Hey I didn't get given X points, I got given Y points" - because that's not how it works... different people break different rules in different ways, and to different degrees!

As far as the "automatic bans", these are given automatically when a user reaches certain pre-set amounts of "total points" (remember points given for certain reasons do have expiry times, so they do 'go back down' again over time);

6 Points 1 Day(s)
10 Points 5 Day(s)
20 Points 2 Week(s)
30 Points 2 Month(s)
50 Points Permanent

^^ Again, I can deal with particular individuals in a custom manner as appropriate, the above list is not the "be all and end all" of possible ban periods/reasons :p