• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Plea to Azzer

saint1d

Head Gardener
Due to various changes at work I will now be working a couple of 4-5 hour shifts each week during which time I will have no access to a pc or my mobile. I'm playing solo so cant rely on defence all the time. Please can we have an option of sleep for a shorter period than 8 hrs? This is not meant at a threat, but rather than quit the game I still want to have fun when I get on for a few hours here and there, however whats the point in spending cash on a purchase unit if i'm gonna be dead all the time? Realisticaly I dont plan on hitting sleep every time I go to work, but at times it will be a necessity. Thanks.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Suggested before, failed before.. No chance

Hitting sleep mode so you cant die is not the game..

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
As BB has said, Sleep mode is not there to provide you with immunity whenever you need to pop out for a few hours. Its there for when you will not be able to access the game for long periods of time.

Sleep isn't there as a day-to-day defence mechanism.

If you frequently have to leave the game for work/RL, etc, and can't get on at short notice, making your land look less profitable to the attacker is the only real, effective way of ensuring you're not raped to the ground when you return to play.

People who are online a lot, who are contactable at a moments notice, can afford to be fat and can afford to risk looking like a tasty target. Those who aren't, cannot.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
If you frequently have to leave the game for work/RL, etc, and can't get on at short notice, making your land look less profitable to the attacker is the only real, effective way of ensuring you're not raped to the ground when you return to play.

Base bounty, effectiveness, just people generally liking to kill easy targets ...
Plenty of reasons besides landfat, I've even had the pleasure of being in a public ally with just 1 other member, both having no lethals (me not even developing past generics), and still getting sorc'ed.

I ofcourse disagree with the idea of immunity, but just keeping your landfat isn't enough. :(

Davs

Garden Designer
Due to various changes at work I will now be working a couple of 4-5 hour shifts each week during which time I will have no access to a pc or my mobile. I'm playing solo so cant rely on defence all the time. Please can we have an option of sleep for a shorter period than 8 hrs? This is not meant at a threat, but rather than quit the game I still want to have fun when I get on for a few hours here and there, however whats the point in spending cash on a purchase unit if i'm gonna be dead all the time? Realisticaly I dont plan on hitting sleep every time I go to work, but at times it will be a necessity. Thanks.

Last round I played solo whilst working in an office 9-5 (most days 8:30-6:30), 5 days a week with no access to the game during those hours. I didn't need sleep mode, so why do you think that just because there may be a couple of 5 hour periods in which you can't play that you need to be made invulnerable during those times? Your plea earns no sympathy from me.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
saint, as much as i liked you when we were allied last round, i dont agree with this. I work every day for ten hour shifts mon-fri and i still pulled 6.89 hours a day no prob

saint1d

Head Gardener
lol it was worth a try, but alas i knew what to expect :p well i can prob manage to get on for an hour here and there but no doubt i will be continuously dead so will prob just have to accept that my rl commitments dont allow for me to be able to play properly anymore. Its been bad enough the past couple of rounds but changes at work have made it impossible. Shame cos i like the game and the people. Will see how this round goes as solo, but if i'm dead as I envisage, then no way will i be throwing money down the drain for the pleasure.

saint1d

Head Gardener
Fyi Dax i've managed fine for years but for the past few months i've had to resort to playing by mobile at work(same as you). This is no longer possible for me at all. Having a mobile on me whilst in a secure area is now a sackable offence :( Had to give up ally play cos not fair on wife and kids getting woken up by my mobile in middle of the night. Actually i say that, but its never bothered me before, the sincere threat of divorce does put me off tho lol

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
If you're worried about wasting money on a PU you could always just go a route that doesn't need a PU. I haven't bought a PU since like round 28.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
you need a punit for turrets ;)

Sleepmode does not, and should not provide short term invulnerability. It is there for long periods of time when you will be away and not able to tend to your acount.

As i mentioned when Wilyetc whined, at some point you're going to have to realize that real life is far far far more important that this game, fun as it is, and you're going to have to make some choices on which you want to retain. Life > Bushtarion any day of hte week.

Last but not least, being solo isn't all that bad, stay low, keep funds in reserve, make yourself as painful a target as possible, and take advantage of AR and insurance and injuries. It's not such a bad life once you get used to it ;)

saint1d

Head Gardener
Alas, yes I realise I'm sounding like a scorequeen. I just want a game i can log onto and enjoy for a couple of hours every other night, maybe Bush just isnt that game.

Max

Garden Designer
I have and continue to always love playing bush, at activities even less than an hour a day!

The trick is to aim for something different, other than score. For example, why not try playing a new route you've never taken before? OR why not try to bribe one of every type of unit? OR perhaps try to aim for different user profile point awards? There are lots and lots and lots of different things to aim for in the game other than score.

If you want to get a really really really high rank with practically zero activity, I'm afraid bush really isn't the game for you :) But look beyond score and you're onto a winner!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Alas, yes I realise I'm sounding like a scorequeen. I just want a game i can log onto and enjoy for a couple of hours every other night, maybe Bush just isnt that game.

or just plan your 'bushtarion nights' as it were around your availability. So you could hit sleepmode for a longer period of time than just the time you'll be gone. So you would have to plan a little more efficiently but then you could make sure you're 'online' for those few hours every other night you'd like.

I'm sure you're not a scorequeen lol, and i definitely understand the frustration of being zeroed solo, but it just means, as max says, you have to define what your goals will be around something other than valuation and high rank.