Online MMO I'm playing now, care to join me?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
In business news, material costs fluctuate wildly, selling prices fluctuate wildly, the dollar gets crappier by the day, and wages get lower by the day. We will make somewhere between 0.5 and 2.5 gold a day. Probably.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Nameless...how are you deciding which company to go into? Is it just pot luck/guess work or is there something im not reading somewhere that gives a bit of an indication of how markets are changing...

I dont have the gold right now but im gaining levels fairly steadily and i'd like to start my own company at some point...

Gooner

Head Gardener
Can someone please send me a gift (ekul seneid)
I need wellness desperately and when I get back on top ill repay the favour :)

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Nameless...how are you deciding which company to go into? Is it just pot luck/guess work or is there something im not reading somewhere that gives a bit of an indication of how markets are changing...

A lot of research went into it actually. For the housing company, I realized that the US has incredibly low wages, especially in the construction industry. I checked the US housing market, and saw that people are still buying houses at pretty good prices. I already knew that our wood supply is basically nil, so I'd have to get it abroad. Here I just more or less assumed that somewhere in the world has to be producing wood at a fair price. That bit has been a little problematic. First day in business I paid $.62 per piece of wood, last night I paid $.81. Granted the USD gets weaker and weaker, but it still creates problems buying abroad. At least house prices are increasing proportionately.

Also very much worth mentioning is that when I started this company, I thought our chances of peace were pretty good, and our chances of losing Florida (where the company is) were pretty bad. This was after the treaty had been proposed, and I had been told by various Congresspeople that the war was basically over, that the Russians would come around. Of course that isn't the case now, and NJ has fallen, and if Florida falls the company would have serious problems. Chance you take I guess...

f0xx

Landscape Designer
With some funding from Nameless the almighty f0xx has now started an oil company in Mexico!

Last edited:

marvin

Tree Surgeon
Organised home defense for the eUK. You basically join to fight any resistances. You get free weapons to do said fighting and get told where to fight to maximise winning the fight instead of fighting here, there and everywhere!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Royal Guard is disbanding in eUK apparently, according to the Prime Minister :>

Join the navy!

QFT!

Join the navy!!! If you are planning on staying in the UK i would definately join up! They give you weapons and moving tickets when relevant and will help you out with gifts etc if you need it...

In other news (on navy orders) im now in France...i dont like it, but i have no choice!! I dont trust em though!!! :p

Im earning more than i was before as well though (not great but better than 1GBP a day in the navy company in the UK)...im still hoping to start my own company but dont see how im ever going to raise enough gold...

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
To the investors in my housing company:

The market is crazy right now. Prices are everywhere, lumber prices are just as insane, and the USD is getting stronger by the second. There is no doubt we are being successful right now. I have 7 completed houses in stock as we speak, and each is worth at least 4 gold, possibly much more. Given that this company started with 30 gold in liquid assets, those houses alone shows us just about breaking even, nevermind the materials and other cash I'm sitting on.

HOWEVER...given the prices on the market, and the strengthening of the dollar, I am holding out on selling these houses at the moment. There's a price war going on which I believe we can stay well out of, and by doing so significantly increase our position for the long term. What does this mean for the investors? Well, it means that there might not be a dividend to distribute on Friday, or that it will be a small one. Our wealth is in houses right now, not in cash. If I were to throw out an estimate, I believe we're at least 10 gold above where we started a week and a half ago (gold a day in profit from the very beginning? I'll take it), and if I were to liquidate all assets and sell out now, everyone would be up about 20% from their initial investment. But that doesn't mean I will have anything for you on Friday. I want this company to be successful for the long run, and I think the positions I am taking now will ensure this as best as possible.

P.S. - Never know how the market will go, might make sense to sell like mad tomorrow. Stay tuned.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
A little bit late, but I just passed around $561.92 in dividends to the owners of the housing company. A bit better than 11 gold all told. Not bad, I think :D

Yang

Harvester
bored atm, gonna give this a bash :p

name: Niger Innis

can't remember what country

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
On a final note on this thread - I'm just going to add that this has to be the most boring, painfully slow, uninteresting game I have ever played.

I have waited patiently for weeks for the game to "perk up", new features to reveal themselves, anything to make logging in worthwhile. I've sadly discovered there is nothing of the sort.

You log in. You click work. You click train. You log out.

Put simply, its crap.