New psolo sux donkey's dongle

Bully

Weeder
I was forced to start a week late due to going on holiday. So I thought I'd still give it a go as psolo.
I was apprehensive about no base insurance, no exp modifier, etc etc. But thought well it can't be worse that it was before. I was wrong.

The extra cash and men I got for starting a week late helped me to immediately start buying land and start the first dev. But to be honest thats all it did, I cant seem to keep my land. Which I've never had that problem before in the many previous rounds.

I'm now getting cynical about this injury system, for psolos like me either late starting or non leth dev, I can see us being flakked silly, which is what is happening to me atm. I can't stop the flak, even with spending all my cash on blockers. And having over my starting AR (yeah over) I'm still losing land hand over fist.....

Ok I'm not getting zero'd and therefore not losing all my troops, (atm). But losing shed loads of land all day does friggin hurt, its put me back a whole day.. So I'm no better off than where I was yesterday.

Had I had exp troops, or base insurance then I'd of possibly only lost land once today (if at all) and not 4 times. So this does beg the question, is this the beginning of an old era of solo's being farmed by flakkers again, like a few rounds ago.

Yes this is a rant, and thats why its in the gripe section.

Sorry Azzer but this still does not cut the mustard. Psolos, need another option, especially if they are pnap less. Why the hell would they want to exist solely to provide uncontested land to the top.

bully :mad:

Haplo

Planter
Re: New psolo sux donkey's dongle

Umm you do know that some routes are just easier targets to flak... I was military also last round and I had to steal land like a maniac to keep up with the pace that people stole land from me :|

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

BlackWolf said:
base insurance was give of acres too right?
Nope.

Haplo

Planter

True it did give insurance but it was like getting spit in the face... The amount of insurance you got from say 300 acres stolen was under 10b... but hey, merry cristhmas everyone :x-mas: btw it's 0:15 and still sunny :twisted: where is the much promised snow!

Eden

Planter

ya it did, but like barely anything worthwhile... either way you still would of lost the same with the old system :) Plus it's an ally game for ally play.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Eden said:
ya it did, but like barely anything worthwhile... either way you still would of lost the same with the old system :) Plus it's an ally game for ally play.

Would you care to point out where in the manual it says that?

Loz

Harvester

Eden said:

wait till the solos are all deved. you wont be saying that when the top 50 players in value are all psolos :lol:

psolo FTW!!!!!!

:x-mas:

Jiggy

Weeder

have to agree with bully here, its insanely hard to keep acres as psolo unless you were on 24/7 right from the first tick and were therefore top 100 from the start. Ive had to steal acres like mad to keep up especially when you choose a weaker starting route but gets stronger as the round progresses.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

my ninja dev was put off a full day from teh rapage. oi my buttocks... was pretty silly watching me block 12-16M stacks and then lose to 8M stacks with no extra stuff. no sgeos, no harvies (they only had enough for production and they were growing more than 10 seeds per tick) no hippies and most likely no yobs (i don't have tons of hippies and no yobs fired).

i know it's been rough as a solo this round, but meh. i just hated getting land lost on attacks that should have been blocked but other than that... it's been fun being solo - but maybe i just needed a break from alliances and haven't cared about the other details yet...

Davis

Tree Surgeon

I've gone pure solo as well, the only way you can stop yourself from losing land, is to not lose land more than once or twice round start... because once you start losing land your screwed, i had 90% AR or so for 5 days straight i would get to 2k land every night, and wake up with 300 or less, it was not to my liking, so i stayed their and went out of range of people then started stealing once my pNAPs got their defensive units finished, seeing as i never get mine :D so i have to live off of them, and they cant defend me unless I'm online or they are spying me constantly :p but w/e it was my decision.

P.S.
Eden said:
Plus it's an ally game for ally play.
that pisses me off more than anything when people say this. If this way an "ally game for ally play" why the hell would Azzer have an option specifically designed to promote solo play? why would he have personal naps? why would he even introduce AR? this game is designed to be played as the player feels fit. As Toby said point me to where it says in the manual that this game is "for alliance play" and then you can disregard this last post, but until then please don't use that argument. :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Every round solos are farmed, it happens, i think that they've received a slash in their defensive capabilities and that does appear to be tough, but at round start, solos get hit the hardest because everyone *knows* you have a finite defensive capability. You can only block so much... I'm not saying this is a good way to play but that it just *happens*... as the round progresses solos get stronger, but i've rarely noticed a roundstart where solos do extraordinarily well.

Every round for the last handful of rounds i've played in an ally or even Solo, i've had Solo player lists, because you know they can't defend as effectively as an entire alliance in 1 vs 1 attacks. that is, sadly, the nature of the game; solos are easier to hit, period.

Every round there are the obligatory 'solos are overpowered' or 'solos are underpowered/landfarms' threads. so frankly, i just ignore the threads usually and carry on playing in my standard method.

On that note, it does seem that solos are irrationally affected by the sweeping changes introduced by azzer. but that is all a matter of balance and i'm sure soon we'll have a fix that will lead to a series of 'overpowered solo' threads. Tough luck. Put your head down, power through to the weekend, tech, then rape your enemies.

EDIT: Solos are always going to be less powerful and eventually easier to beat than allied players, Much as Davis complains about this being a way for the game to be played either as solo or alliance, i feel that the general atmosphere of the game is to promote communication and fun between groups of players instead of encourage solo self aggrandizement. I know this is hard for some players to take, but i'd rather help a group of my friends win, then play just for myself. Sorry Davis, you won't like it, but this game is designed 'primarily' around ally play, it doesn't say it in the manual toby ;), but look at the game and tell me i'm wrong. >.< The option is there for those who choose to pursue, azzer doesn't force anyone to go solo, and i bet he'd get more complaints over overpowered solos than he would over underpowered solos. i know which option i prefer. besides, solos always die, you can't stay alive high ranked all round. Period, not even Cid managed it ;)

Hobo

Harvester

Alcibiades said:
Every round solos are farmed, it happens, i think that they've received a slash in their defensive capabilities and that does appear to be tough, but at round start, solos get hit the hardest because everyone *knows* you have a finite defensive capability. You can only block so much... I'm not saying this is a good way to play but that it just *happens*... as the round progresses solos get stronger, but i've rarely noticed a roundstart where solos do extraordinarily well.

Every round for the last handful of rounds i've played in an ally or even Solo, i've had Solo player lists, because you know they can't defend as effectively as an entire alliance in 1 vs 1 attacks. that is, sadly, the nature of the game; solos are easier to hit, period.

Every round there are the obligatory 'solos are overpowered' or 'solos are underpowered/landfarms' threads. so frankly, i just ignore the threads usually and carry on playing in my standard method.

On that note, it does seem that solos are irrationally affected by the sweeping changes introduced by azzer. but that is all a matter of balance and i'm sure soon we'll have a fix that will lead to a series of 'overpowered solo' threads. Tough luck. Put your head down, power through to the weekend, tech, then rape your enemies.

EDIT: Solos are always going to be less powerful and eventually easier to beat than allied players, Much as Davis complains about this being a way for the game to be played either as solo or alliance, i feel that the general atmosphere of the game is to promote communication and fun between groups of players instead of encourage solo self aggrandizement. I know this is hard for some players to take, but i'd rather help a group of my friends win, then play just for myself. Sorry Davis, you won't like it, but this game is designed 'primarily' around ally play, it doesn't say it in the manual toby ;), but look at the game and tell me i'm wrong. >.< The option is there for those who choose to pursue, azzer doesn't force anyone to go solo, and i bet he'd get more complaints over overpowered solos than he would over underpowered solos. i know which option i prefer. besides, solos always die, you can't stay alive high ranked all round. Period, not even Cid managed it ;)

refers you to round 19....

and this isnt an ally game, its both and should be played as such

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Sorry Alci, but you're completely wrong there. There have been quite a few solos that have got high early on and stayed high. Zaheen, Cervantes, Lobby, DarkSider, and plenty more I can't think of right now.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

tobapopalos said:
Sorry Alci, but you're completely wrong there. There have been quite a few solos that have got high early on and stayed high. Zaheen, Cervantes, Lobby, DarkSider, and plenty more I can't think of right now.

Those are exceptions to the rule as far as i see it. they represent less than 1% of the solo population and are exceedingly good at what they do. But all solos die eventually. It's a given. Just some are better at staying alive and at rebuilding then others.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades said:
tobapopalos said:

Those are exceptions to the rule as far as i see it. they represent less than 1% of the solo population and are exceedingly good at what they do. But all solos die eventually. It's a given. Just some are better at staying alive and at rebuilding then others.

And the rest of the allied population are different? They all die as well. The top 25 are just exceptions to the rule. And there are plenty more examples of solos that have been ranked high, or finished high. Just those were the first ones that came to mind.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

tobapopalos said:
Alcibiades said:
tobapopalos said:

And the rest of the allied population are different? They all die as well. The top 25 are just exceptions to the rule. And there are plenty more examples of solos that have been ranked high, or finished high. Just those were the first ones that came to mind.

then apparently I am wrong :eek: :shock: :? :( :oops: :puppydogeyes: All Hail Tobapopalos! :nworthy:

Saints

Harvester

guys get over it ur "SOLO" "alone" "by yourself" you will lose land in tell ur develied

didnt read past the first page and im talking to bully not going with ur guys convo alci and toby