• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

New P-unit for thug route

Davs

Garden Designer
This round I've decided to test out the wonders of massing hoolies and nutters and using them against armoured routes. Yes, I know what you're thinking: "This man is crazy".

Whilst that may indeed be the case, I know a fair few people have in the past stated a desire to see a predominantly NLT route. This being the case, I thought a good step in the right direction would be the introduction of a health hitting NLT, with a reasonably low INIT (perhaps even slightly faster than hoolies) as an alternative to TLs.

Maybe call it "Union Leader" or something, with a description along the lines of "Capable of causing widespread disruption by organising strikes" or some shizzle like that.

Please post ideas about possible unit stats (I'm purely a theorist, and have not the capacity to put enough effort into making this idea look usable :p)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Great idea, especially when combined with the Arsonist sub-route in my opinion. I had pondered a similar idea, but couldn't be bothered - I firmly believe the entire system needs to be thought out, rather than just adding bits for routes.

Max

Garden Designer
Here's a suggestion: how about a unit similar to the old 'nutter' unit, but more useful:

Type: NLT
Targets: ALL
Range: ALL
HP: *
AR: *
HD: **
AD: *
Eta: 3
Init: 255 (i.e. after attack dogs but before SAs/Vamps)
Cost: £15,000

The basic idea is a unit that can be used to help in many different battles (so long as there's no flak there!)

It is capable of nice combos with attack dogs for last tick, or for sweeping after arsonists. It is also possible to use them in combination with hooligans, without sacrificing last tick capability (where you can use the unit to stop the flak, then use yobs to sweep).

It's enemies would clearly be the PBs, Sorcs, Paras and PAs out there, but it may be necessary to change another unit to fire at NLT secondary to help balance it out.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Development: Azzman's mother in labour
Unit unlocked: Azzman
Unit description: Azzman's ignorance makes people go make suggestions on forums, distracting them quite well.
---
Any resemblance to real persons and events is purely coincidental.

Walking_Death

Harvester
what about PAs which already go secondary on NLT? And why not my new military branch. It had a sexy NLT :/

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
what about PAs which already go secondary on NLT? And why not my new military branch. It had a sexy NLT :/

The damage PAs do to NLT (especially the ones currently ingame which are armoured) is pants.

and as for a new military branch, IF theres gunna be a new branch for ANY route, it'll be for fantasy just so all routes have 3 branches, gotta maintain symmetry.

Davs

Garden Designer
PA rox0rz Arsonists.

cost for cost i doubt it :p if 1m PA can kill 2.25m Arsonist over 3 ticks i'd be impressed :p

This.

NLT massing is a brilliant method for alliance supporting. Use of Hoolies and Arsonists can contribute to the success of attacks and defences in equal amounts alike.

I have to say that I love nutters as well, although they need lower INIT so they fire just before harriers imo.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
This.

NLT massing is a brilliant method for alliance supporting. Use of Hoolies and Arsonists can contribute to the success of attacks and defences in equal amounts alike.

I have to say that I love nutters as well, although they need lower INIT so they fire just before harriers imo.

Well I rate bring back them firing in all ticks and becoming real ALL flak again. Gem of a unit.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
PA rox0rz Arsonists.

cost for cost i doubt it :p if 1m PA can kill 2.25m Arsonist over 3 ticks i'd be impressed :p

Yea, but what do Bikers get on POMs? It's basically the same principle.

But Bikers serve a specific purpose!
Arsonists can cover a much broader range of roles when you've tinkered with them a bit more. PA are not meant to really scare any NLT players that know their stuff. In fact they shouldn't really scare anyone.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
PA are not meant to really scare any NLT players that know their stuff. In fact they shouldn't really scare anyone.

If you're going to post absolute bollocks you could at least put a warning so we can choose not to read it.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
PA are not meant to really scare any NLT players that know their stuff. In fact they shouldn't really scare anyone.

If you're going to post absolute bollocks you could at least put a warning so we can choose not to read it.

Oh good lord almighty, you disagree with me? /feign shock
Really, you're going to tell me you'd buy PA to attack (and supposedly beat) an NLT player? And you say I'm talking bollocks - Their use against NLT is negligible at best. But feel free to attempt to prove otherwise?

And value for value, PA aren't super-awesome at all. I don't get the big fuss about them - With RPG, perhaps. On their own? Lul.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Oh good lord almighty, you disagree with me? /feign shock
Really, you're going to tell me you'd buy PA to attack (and supposedly beat) an NLT player? And you say I'm talking bollocks - Their use against NLT is negligible at best. But feel free to attempt to prove otherwise?

And value for value, PA aren't super-awesome at all. I don't get the big fuss about them - With RPG, perhaps. On their own? Lul.

PA are by far the best robo branch for attacking with. Natural targets for robos are SAs, thugs and vamps. Most SA, thug and vamp players tend to mass on health units. PAs kill health. They fire, kill about 3:1 on LETs, and then they flak your CWs and TDs. This means most of the time that a fairly sizable chunk of SAs/vamps/TLs are dead before they fire, and when they DO fire they mainly kill something which has already played it's part, leaving your CWs and TDs to destroy everything else. Not to mention the fact that they target SGTs which can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Nanos only fire middle and close tick, and they fire late in the tick, and they actually get destroyed by the very routes you're trying to kill because they are mainly health based. Vamps and TLs especially do tasty damage on nanos. Shields are fine as flak, but they're not exactly the biggest hitting unit around. PAs act as killers as well as flak, making them the all-round best branch for attacking with.