My personal gripe about Tescos.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
Tescos:

Biggest supermarket in the UK.

Alcohol Nazis.

I roll in at 6am, as you do, after I left my brother off at the airport. Thought I'd just have a wee mull around, see what there is. Picked up some pain au chocolat for breakfast and a newspaper to read with it. Then I think "Huh while I'm here I'll pick up some beer seeing as I'm home for the holidays and don't have any in the house at the moment." thus I then go to the alcohol section, walk by all these people unpacking deliveries etc. I then stroll out of the alcohol section with my pain au chocolat, my broadsheet and my 10 bottles of Bud, get half way to the self-service checkouts when this chap comes running up behind me looking like he's about to have a heart attack at what he's seeing. "Excuse me...excuse me....excuse me! You can't buy that." At first I thought he must of thought I was underage or something - being 6ft 4" and 16.5st with broad shoulders I get that a lot. "You can't buy that.....It's too early." All the while giving me looks of 'What the **** do you think you're doing?!' and surprise and how I dared buy beer at this time. He clearly thought I was some alco. But anyways, I simply replied "Oh. Sorry, sorry I didn't realise you couldn't buy beer at this time." But seriously, I mean who the **** stops someone buying products at whatever time of the day?! I only wanted it for the holiday season for ****s sake and because I was there so it was convenient to get it then. I might not be at another shop for days!

inb4it'sthelaw

Ridiculous.

fRe3kiLL

Pruner
HAHAHA...this is brilliant :)

i know some of the shops here, you're average 7/11, all have restrictions on selling alcohol on Sundays :shock:

Leah

Pruner
In NM you cannot purchase alcohol on Sundays, or after midnight any day. From midnight to I think 10am. Talk about alcohol nazis...

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Everyone knows Santa was introduced in a Coca Cola commercial.
So clearly, Santa doesn't like kids, the only thing he likes, is money.

The correct phrase would be: "Santa doesn't like kids, and definitely not ginger ones".

Davs

Garden Designer
Guinness would have been a legitimate purchase - no matter what time of day

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Guinness would have been a legitimate purchase - no matter what time of day

We're talking about beer, not vomit...
This is beer:
Glass_Duvel.jpg

and
westmalle-tripel.jpg

and
packshot_wm_dubbel.jpg

Ontopic: Burn that shop down!

Edit: Apparently, Marvin wasn't talking about beer either. Sucks that you couldn't buy your lemonade Marvin...:(

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

Davs

Garden Designer
Look at the heads on them. Eww.

That's like trying to teach a frenchman something about wine... Beer needs to have a head.
What's so important about head? A beer with no head is kind of like a person with no head, but worse. The loss of head is more than an aesthetic loss. Many beers require the head to reveal their aromatic and flavorful character.
(http://www.howtodothings.com/food-and-drink/a4700-how-to-pour-beer.html)

tbh ale wins - and ale does not need a head, especially not one that fills half the glass :p

Alvestein

Garden Designer
head realy pisses me off. it's like it's something you just have to drink before getting to the real stuff :(

(no sexual innuendos please)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Look at the heads on them. Eww.

That's like trying to teach a frenchman something about wine... Beer needs to have a head.
What's so important about head? A beer with no head is kind of like a person with no head, but worse. The loss of head is more than an aesthetic loss. Many beers require the head to reveal their aromatic and flavorful character.
(http://www.howtodothings.com/food-and-drink/a4700-how-to-pour-beer.html)

tbh ale wins - and ale does not need a head, especially not one that fills half the glass :p

What's wrong about a head anyway? You still get the same amount of beer, since it's served in bottles instead of taken from the barrel.
You just need larger glasses, but at least your beer doesn't look like piss... :)

edit: @Hiuey: You don't drink the head, it dissolves after a while, and thanks to the law of Archimedes, when your glass is broad enough and you angle it enough, you can still get to the liquid without getting rid of the foam.

Davs

Garden Designer
What's wrong about a head anyway?

a) most of what I drink comes from barrels, thus more head = less beer :(
b) head leads to silly moustaches :p (especially from Guinness, the head of which takes FOREVER to dissipate)