Mw3 or bf3

Daso

Planter
ok.. last night i heard people in #bush talking about bf3 and mw3 so what game you think is better comment under this post what you like better

MW3 for me!

+ whats better XBOX or ps3( :n00b: ...)

XBOX

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
There is currently a thread discussing MW3 as a whole. People have said how good Battlefield 3 is but there are pro's and con's to every game. I haven't played Battlefield yet and MW3 isn't as good as the previous editions in the series.

The answer: MW2 :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
As I've posted elsewhere....

I think BF3 is infinitely more rewarding as a game. Teamwork, skill, accuracy etc are all very important. In MW3 it's much more run and gun and who pulls the trigger first which is, tbh, boring after awhile.

MW3 is a brainless game, whereas BF3 requires at least a bit of thought, preparation and skill.

Daso

Planter

I think BF3 is infinitely more rewarding as a game. Teamwork, skill, accuracy etc are all very important. In MW3 it's much more run and gun and who pulls the trigger first which is, tbh, boring after awhile.

MW3 is a brainless game, whereas BF3 requires at least a bit of thought, preparation and skill.

well i disagree. :|

Daso

Planter
well you said - MW3 is a brainless game, whereas BF3 requires at least a bit of thought, preparation and skill. <- i disagree i think bf3 is a pointless game its just what i think no harm i am thinking toby will back you up on bf3 being better but MW3 FTW!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I understand what you were saying, my question was why do you think BF3 is a brainless game?

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Thats just based on your opinion of what constitutes using ones brain.

BF is more tactical whereas COD is more reflex based. They are two different applications of using ones brain. BF3 is slower paced, you analyse a situation and develop a plan as to how to succeed. I.e. the thought process is more drawn out, and may arguably be 'deeper'. COD is more about how fast you can react [appropriately] to a given situation. Often the response is the same (aim and shoot), however it requires you initiate the response as fast as possible, and so its about how fast your brain responds.

I like the fast pace, so i like COD :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i just personally like mw3 better guns / controls ect mate :)

Fair enough. I find the controls to be the same though. As for guns, i've always liked the approach MW team had to guns, so glorious. :D

Thats just based on your opinion of what constitutes using ones brain.

BF is more tactical whereas COD is more reflex based. They are two different applications of using ones brain. BF3 is slower paced, you analyse a situation and develop a plan as to how to succeed. I.e. the thought process is more drawn out, and may arguably be 'deeper'. COD is more about how fast you can react [appropriately] to a given situation. Often the response is the same (aim and shoot), however it requires you initiate the response as fast as possible, and so its about how fast your brain responds.

I like the fast pace, so i like COD :p

I just find that one approach requires an actual thought process, the other requires a reflex. While both require use of "the brain" one is more interesting and (not arguably) deeper than the other. BF3 is undoubtedly the more tactical game (i.e. more thought process required) and MW3 is strictly reflex based. While you are, of course, entitled to your opinion, since this thread is (or was) about having an opinion regarding both games I thought I would post mine :p

MW3 = boring gameplay, repetitive to the core. BF3 is at least somewhat more interesting :p

Daso

Planter
Fair enough. I find the controls to be the same though. As for guns, i've always liked the approach MW team had to guns, so glorious. yeah well they are go good i like the guns SCAR-H have quite good accuracy and a nice aim but as of sniping i love to quick scope but to be honest im not to good at it haha im only 6th perstage 56 still working on it but getting a big boaring now :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I just find that one approach requires an actual thought process, the other requires a reflex. While both require use of "the brain" one is more interesting and (not arguably) deeper than the other. BF3 is undoubtedly the more tactical game (i.e. more thought process required) and MW3 is strictly reflex based. While you are, of course, entitled to your opinion, since this thread is (or was) about having an opinion regarding both games I thought I would post mine :p

I agree mostly, but MW2 is not strictly reflex based. While i can accept these are key differences, they are not mutually exclusive. Some thought goes into my gameplay.

MW3 = boring gameplay, repetitive to the core. BF3 is at least somewhat more interesting :p

Well, I find COD very interesting.

But yeah, not trying to say COD is better, just saying why i prefer it :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I bought BF3 a couple of days ago because I fancied a change. My thoughts so far after playing purely on multiplayer:

Negatives:

There should be a way to back out of a lobby between games. Seriously annoying.

The graphics on MW3 are better imo. Everything on BF3 just looks a bit crappy to me.

When people jump over walls or something they fly like 10 yards past it. I keep having trouble climbing through windows and stuff. It just randomly doesn't work sometimes and I'll be stood there jumping up and down on the spot like a tard. Movement on CoD is always so smooth and easy.

Would be nice if there were more game mode types.

Guns don't seem very accurate. I fire in short bursts but sometimes it'll just keep missing even if I'm aiming right at someone. It seems much worse when the target is prone.

Servers don't seem too great. I've seen more lag on BF3 in the past 2 days than I've seen on MW3 in weeks.

Positives:

Rush mode is epic. The maps are immense, so there are loads of different tactics to use on every game. Each set of M-COM stations will require a different strategy to attack/defend which makes every game interesting. On MW3 you'll only really use one class per match.

The class system is pretty damn good. Being able to change your class completely during a game is excellent. So if you're using the recon class but the gun isn't working out for you, you can just change the gun without switching class. This makes for great flexibility.

I didn't think I would, but I like the emphasis on score > K/D. You can be an asset to your team without getting 20 kills and no deaths.

Conclusion:

I think MW3 is a much slicker product. BF3 could've been an absolutely amazing game, but there are a few sloppy touches which I think detract from it. There is no doubt that it is a far more challenging game than MW3, but that doesn't necessarily make it more fun. MW3 you can pick up and play far more easily, which makes it more accessible for more people, which in turn makes it less challenging for those who are experienced with FPS games.

Having said that, I'm enjoying it immensely so far. It is nice to play an FPS where tactics and teamwork are more important than trigger-spamming. And I don't ever die to dual-wielded SMG faggots who can't aim properly.

Highlight so far: Holding a corridor single-handedly using a sniper rifle on the subway map against waves of attackers. Ended the match 21 for 3 with a killstreak of 14 :D

Last edited:

Elevnos

BANNED
I prefer hardcore, more realistic :p I find on BF3 that a lot of maps are very one-sided, and you can always predict what will happen...