Ingame post form problems

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I do not know why but first I tried to send massmail in alliance, I sent twice and didnt manage to send anything else but topic and 2 empty pages.

Now I have noticed how I have tried to update oview, or make politics post for few times and when I press button page "moves" a bit up to as high as it can go, but nothing happens.

So something clearly registers I pressed the button but nothing actually starts to happen. Then I press button 2nd time and bang page is updated. Any ideas what might cause this? It doesnt happen on hiring, etc tho only on pages where to post bigger text things.

Doesnt happen on any other pages but bush ingame... not on forums etc.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There seems to be a bug with various messaging features when you use the £ symbol.

For now, avoid using the £ symbol in any posts (careful pasting BR's etc., strip the £'s out), I'llw ork on a fix later this week.

It's to do with character encoding on the new server, and the £ symbol not actually being a standard character (unlike the Euro or dollar symbol, which are standard... pffft :p)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Any idea what can cause that when I press send button for example when I update oview message (actually I think it has happend mostly with it), it only "scrolls up my screen" but nothing happens and I am forced to press 2nd time to actually update?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
That's a bit curious. Are you positive that the first button press does not save the message? As Azzer hasn't added in any visual feedback to tell you that it's been saved it can be hard to notice.

Tried clearing browser cache, etc, as well?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I am 100% sure that first button press doesnt change anything. Did thought so twice and went to other pages only to relize nothing had happend. After 2nd press page reloads and I get log change to notify me of updated message.

It is very weird cause it clearly registers the press on some level thus scrolling my screen up but nothing else happens thats why I am so out of the loop with it.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Though the new report from the alliance log would only be visible after your first refresh after the changes took place, not the refresh that actually saved them. I've double-changed my own member note plenty because of that ;p

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The bug related to the £ symbol being present in helper replies, portal mails, journal entries, alliance overview messages, and alliance profile messages, causing problems with the message... should now be fixed.