Idiots

Davis

Tree Surgeon
[ 13:31:50 ] (abcdefg) and this honour stuff is rubbish, i attacked someone and it took 200 off me and put me in the red and yet when i attack people it only gives me like 6 a tick
[ 13:32:20 ] (Lanky) attack people who are closer to your score for higher H/F
[ 13:32:29 ] (abcdefg) he was above me!
[ 13:32:55 ] (Lanky) was it just you attacking?
[ 13:33:02 ] (abcdefg) yea
[ 13:33:04 ] (Lanky) and did most/all of your troops fire?
[ 13:33:05 ] (abcdefg) im not playing with anyone else
[ 13:33:21 ] (abcdefg) for some reason my wheelbarrows didn't steal land
[ 13:33:52 ] (atsan) well
[ 13:33:59 ] (atsan) wheelbarrows start with a w
[ 13:34:06 ] (atsan) and your only at g
[ 13:34:16 ] (abcdefg) ?
[ 13:34:53 ] ~~~ join: [ Gooner|sleep ! ~luke.dien@80.47.144.54 ]
[ 13:34:53 ] ~~~ mode: [ P ] sets mode [ +l 55 ]
[ 13:35:02 ] (abcdefg) and whats that got to do with me typing wheelbarrows?
[ 13:35:02 ] (Davis) how it only goes to G yet *W*heelbarowers
[ 13:35:15 ] (Davis) it had nothing to do with the game
[ 13:35:18 ] (abcdefg) pretty sure my keyboard has all the letters on it nob
[ 13:35:52 ] ~~~ quit: [ abcdefg ! 52049ee1@ircip1.mibbit.com ] [ Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client ]
[ 13:34:39 ] (Davis) abcdefg he was trying to make a joke at your name

Bengy

Planter
its a you had to be there moment, its not shown but this guy came on IRC asking for help. We were administering advice and then he left due to being flamed about his name.

Guess its a gripe about bad attitudes of players towards newbs.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Generally when you make a post you need to explain your point.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
its a you had to be there moment, its not shown but this guy came on IRC asking for help. We were administering advice and then he left due to being flamed about his name.

Guess its a gripe about bad attitudes of players towards newbs.

I have run into my fair share of those players, and god almighty can they ever be obnoxious; however, this guy doesn't seem like the usual run of the mill newbie. He asked a reasonable question, and despite a few helpful responses, was sidetracked by unrelated (and imo, wildly un-funny) statements.

In this guy's defence, atsan's comments were completely irrelevant, and in no way, shape or form did they even come close to helping resolve the situation. I appreciate that some people were giving him the appropriate advice, or trying to help him out, but it continually shocks me that atsan has any level of authority in this game. I don't think i've ever seen him post something of use either in forums or in IRC; a really abysmal representative for the game.

Abcdefg should've just ignored him, or someone there should've told atsan to shove it. Way to be helpful guys.

Last edited:

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I don't think i've ever seen him post something of use either in forums or in IRC; a really abysmal representative for the game.

maby if you remove your shades of rebelliousness you will see better.8)

and in my defence, i probably helped more newbs then all the other posters combined in this thread tyvm

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I don't think i've ever seen him post something of use either in forums or in IRC; a really abysmal representative for the game.

maby if you remove your shades of rebelliousness you will see better.8)

and in my defence, i probably helped more newbs then all the other posters combined in this thread tyvm

I was going to add an edit, but since you've posted here anyways....

I can't speak for your private helping of players, but in public/forums/IRC i don't see much of a "helper" attitude. I think you're a nice guy, but just not a great helper, or staff member.

As for helping more newbies than anyone else in this thread, you might be correct; I hardly keep tallies of everyone's behaviour. But I would just like to think that helpers/staff members should *always* be helpful regardless of the level of help given by everyone else. Players don't need to be helpful all the time (probably should be, but they don't have to be) whereas Helpers and Official Staff Members should probably be as helpful, considerate and useful as possible at all times. I know this may come off hypocritical, due to my own chequered past but that doesn't make me any less correct. Hell, some might even say i've learned!

Anyways, I hope you're more helpful in private than you appear in public dude :)

Davis

Tree Surgeon
if i need to explain this too you then i fear the cause is already lost :( and i'm not going to spend time trying to explain something so simple.

also alci i tried to offer help i said I can try and help you out if you give me more info but he left like a second after so i doubt he saw it :(.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The gripes forum is not a medium to discuss the performance of staff, sadly :p

If you've a problem with a staff member please contact Azzer directly - He will investigate claims of this nature.

Bear in mind, though, that atsan is a forum moderator - Not an official helper - and therefore has no obligation to answer player queries.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

If you've a problem with a staff member please contact Azzer directly - He will investigate claims of this nature.

Bear in mind, though, that atsan is a forum moderator - Not an official helper - and therefore has no obligation to answer player queries.

as it looks like theyre talking bout poor little old me, and the unforgivable offensives that took place arent part of my official role in bushtarion and arent the reason for this threads creation ill reopen the thread for great justice :)

now humor me with lots of drama :)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Forum moderators struggle for power spills over on to the forums.

Juicy.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Forum moderators struggle for power spills over on to the forums.

Juicy.

See, now *that's* funny. :D

I only brought up atsan because he was the one I thought was being the most irresponsible in that situation, especially given his status as a member of the bushtarion staff. I didn't target him because of his position, you can substitute any name for "atsan" in there, and I'd have been equally annoyed with their behaviour, although less so if they were only a "member." Still disagreeable, but less irresponsible.

I do apologize for thinking that he was a helper. I was almost certain he had been one, but having been corrected for the mistake I am thus duly obligated to tell you i'm sorry atsan. So Sorry!

I do understand that Mods are not required (or obligated) to answer player queries but would you not agree that if a staff member does decide to answer, then they should do so in a constructive manner?

Note: Atsan is merely an example, I'm not trying to crucify him in public or make him a target but he's just the latest example to come to my attention. Please don't mistake this for an undirected personal attack.