Honourable attacks

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
More newbie questions...

Whats the lowest range i can attack at without losing honour?55%?

And how do you avoid: Your max land grab was reduced in this battle.

Basically how to you gain the absoloute possible most amount of land from a target.

Thanks

Max

Garden Designer
In which case, here's a tip - if you attack between 40-67% and it's only a flak attack (i.e. nothing fires apart from the land stealing geos) you'll lose a pretty negligible amount of honour, like -5.

If you repeat hit the same target though you lose honour far quicker.

But you may find you can "get away with" small honour losses which are worth the land gain.

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
With regards to attacking with friends/ally members,how do you avoid losing honour?If I attacked at 67% with two other ppl on same tick do I loose honour?thanks

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
if you are attacking at 67% with help... then it's not really attacking at 67% because of the help. unless your target gets defense, you'll end up losing. probably lots. of course if you 0 them first tick, then the losses will occur only on first and 3rd ticks (when you grab land and if they don't try to last tick you with D).

so you can attack 67% (or lower if allied) by yourself and not lose/or gain honor. you can attack with friends, but if the target is only 67% they need defense (either from alliance mates or pnap) for the attack to remain honorable.

Max

Garden Designer
h/f is calculated based on total attacker score vs total defender score

so if you gang up, better hope for some big defenders!

Stargazer

Tree Surgeon
Ah kk,So at what % can I attack with people and not loose honour?

Ah so it's not as easy as that

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
A rough percentage (iirc) is about 65% or higher. Barring unusual circumstances, you'll usually be fine around there, from my minimal experience :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i thought it was just the fact that there was defence, no? Pretty sure the presence of defence was an automatic addition.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
well there are 2 different types of addition

1 - addition due to being in an alliance
2- addition due to defenders

now i've said - score size of the defenders (not what they sent, i was unclear) adds and alci said - just that it had been sent adds. we said similar things. my statement a little more ambiguous. also I believe alci is saying that the boost is a fixed amount regardless the score.

i honestly am unsure if it's the amount of D that is sent. i think the amount sent has more to do with honor gain (as in killing lets is more honorable than nonlet) over fame gain. i think sending even a fake 1 unit (in cases of stealth) does have some impact.

so in attacking someone solo:
67% minimum gains you honor.
if you attack with friends, then there needs to be defenders to be honorable still.
units sent in defense will count towards honor gain.

so in attacking an alliance:
3-5% of alliance score boosts target score.
defenders boost
how many units/type(s)/and actually killing some, boosts.

Elevnos

BANNED
I've always thought below 67% was negative honour gain, 67-70% it doesn't change (or very small impact depending on other circumstances) and above 70% you gain honour in most cases. As far as I'm aware it's 5% of the alliance score is added (the average for a player in the alliance you're attacking).

antisback

Head Gardener
How does honour/fame work? Azzer attached a random number generator to the game mechanics and told us all it was this complicated formula then sat back and laughed at us all as the game threw out random numbers and we tried to explain it.

I've yet to see anything in all the time I've played the game to convince me otherwise...