Help with PC monitor

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Hey guys, its been a while since I've been on here. Hope everyone is well. But I need some help!

So I have a PC which has a monitor output via HDMI. However now, I have switched the PC to the old style monitor port (the blue ones i believe which are called VGA). Connected it up and everything to the PC, but the monitor comes up with a "No Input signal detected". The PC had a little cover on the VGA port which said do not remove - I done exactly that. But I was wondering, if its possible to make the PC output go back through the VGA port, and if it is, how do I do it?

CFalcon

Official Helper
I assume your PC has a graphics card. Is the VGA in question coming off the motherboard or the graphics card, and if the latter then what card do you have?

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
If it had a cover, it would be a motherboard connection. The reason it had a cover is because the connection isn't physically connected to the motherboard - You would need to grab a graphics card. I can give a cheap suggestion to cover VGA, DVi and HDMi here:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...ult&ct=result&resnum=3&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQ8wIwAg#

It's a good card that has a high memory rate, and for it's money - It does work wonders. Don't expect it to run everything tip-top, but that is HDMi viewing at it's best value.

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Ah it is a motherboard connection. Never mind then, I may as well get a new monitor screen which has a HDMI input/output. Thanks guys. I thought maybe it was an easy enough fix but apparently not. Lol

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Most newer boards have HDMi motherboard connectors, which is quite cool IMO. Hope all works well!

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Ah it is a motherboard connection. Never mind then, I may as well get a new monitor screen which has a HDMI input/output. Thanks guys. I thought maybe it was an easy enough fix but apparently not. Lol

isnt there a second vga entry on the back?
sounds weird to me that there isnt even one functional...