HC Vs ANQ | R43

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I am curious...

Is this one of the more competitive rounds we have had for a while?

Also on the FTF alliance front, seems we have a fair few there too!

Without meaning to jinx it...Good round lined up?

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon
I am curious...

PW and Obx last round were neck and neck but on the lower front, 6 filled alliances is a good sign :)

Ps. Are you playing IoF??

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

When you see ANQ route set up you will see that they are not going for rank 1.
I beleive only Heart Collectors, Dimension and maybe Fashionably Late are wanting to win (The later by a late victory through resistances? :p).

Yeah, it's nice 1/2 extra alliances are there.

Hopefully.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
You should say what round this is related to btw. Also this is a very stupid thread, as there are far more alliances involved

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I am playing Hamilton, just FTF though!

Many FTF alliances though, fight for 3/4/5 looks fun :D

CFalcon

Official Helper
I don't think anyone this round is going 100% ftw. Which could lead to a really interesting round. As far as I know there have been no major exchanges yet though.

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Coruba said he was going FTW, and I heard through the grape-vine that dax was recruiting a FTW ally (but not leading it?)

May be the same ally, Im not sure.. ^_^

But to my knowledge Fashionably late and below aren't FTW.. (unless FL is just trying to trick us all by being late?! :D)

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
The only major exchange I know of is when GUUff and company tried to take my land before I started PA's today.

Died: 25,048,255 [£57,895,300,000] enemies dead.
Died: 38,364,443 [£126,525,063,200] enemies dead. 24,007,594 [£82,625,473,900] friendlies dead.
Died: 2,479,660 [£6,580,168,000] enemies dead.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
Coruba said he was going FTW, and I heard through the grape-vine that dax was recruiting a FTW ally (but not leading it?)

May be the same ally, Im not sure.. ^_^

But to my knowledge Fashionably late and below aren't FTW.. (unless FL is just trying to trick us all by being late?! :D)

Coruba and Dax are different alliances. Both are playing FTW. The rest are not.

But from the current rankings, things promise to get really good, when everyone is teched up.

zhouj

Harvester
If there are so many FTW alliances, how come none of them took me? :|

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
I can't wait to see fight for rank 1/2/3/4!

Spies our well and truly out!! Place your bets!!

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Hang on - I haven't recruited a FTW alliance at all, how has this suddenly come about? :p
I made an interesting route setup, and promised a fun & challenging round.

When people start going public, you'll see that a balls-out FTW effort was not my intention.
Also, yes - I'm not actually leading. I'm co leader (I just founded the alliance, recruited the lineup, made the setup, organised it so everybody got a route they liked, and then handed leadership over). No big deal, right? :p

EDIT: But a win would be nice. I'm much happier knowing I have a lineup I can have a laugh and a stab at people with, though.

EDIT2: And also, big thanks to Twiglet and co. for already making my round before it's really even begun. Ugaiz! <3

Last edited:

Elevnos

BANNED
DaX, I didn't ask you to :p you recruited people before I even knew I was leading for sure xD Plus, I wasn't on for ages until just before last round ended :L

Caranthir

Harvester
I am curious...

It could have been, and then there were spies in Score Queens (from what I have heard) knocking them out.

Then Dimension got knocked out of existence, then with 3 allies at the top, instead of battling it out mono v mono v mono, it became a tag team effort for 2 of them. So we shall see... But it looks like no, the play style that is left around today will never allow anything interesting to happen for a full round.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Surely nobody being allowed to pull ahead is more interesting than the usual one alliance wins inside 2 weeks?

I really can't think of any situation in the past where a straight up "mono vs mono vs mono" has happened, without a certain amount of teaming happening.

Don't you think it's more interesting if ANQ, HC and FL all stay about the same size and whenever one draws ahead the other two rein them in? That would be a very unusual round.

When I think back to the most interesting rounds I've ever played, they were all rounds where teaming happened early and promptly, and alliances swapped teams and allegiances on a daily basis, meaning nobody got far ahead and wars went on for weeks and weeks. Resistances usually start too late, and usually fail.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Surely nobody being allowed to pull ahead is more interesting than the usual one alliance wins inside 2 weeks?

I really can't think of any situation in the past where a straight up "mono vs mono vs mono" has happened, without a certain amount of teaming happening.

Don't you think it's more interesting if ANQ, HC and FL all stay about the same size and whenever one draws ahead the other two rein them in? That would be a very unusual round.

When I think back to the most interesting rounds I've ever played, they were all rounds where teaming happened early and promptly, and alliances swapped teams and allegiances on a daily basis, meaning nobody got far ahead and wars went on for weeks and weeks. Resistances usually start too late, and usually fail.

While that's all nice and keeps the round "competitive" I found it to be far too exhausting. 76 days of continual warfare reminds me of the 5 minute tick round, and that just about killed me dead. ;) I am happy to see that the top 3 allies are engaging themselves and keeping them off my back (huzzah), but I do wish them the best of luck in battles, and hope they all get so tired, and exhausted from battling that Funkaphilia can swoop in with our ultra sneaky funkeh plan, and snatch first place. Since we're ftw, yo.