• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

H/F Unit

Chris_

Head Gardener
Im just thinking, past 8k H/F (or however much it is to get WWs) is there really much reward for being honourable past that point apart from portalling?

My idea would be to invent a unit that maybe only ranks 1-10 top H/F would get. Say each hour you're in the top 10, you get a certain about of units (10 units for rank 1, 9 units for rank 2, 8 units for rank 3) etc etc. It could be a more armoured version of the WW (to provide let flak), a powerful distractor (to save lands), or a powerful flak killer (better than WKs). Im against having it being TOO powerful against LETs otherwise it could undo route balancing etc, but more something to aid you in defence of yourself. Im thinking depending on how powerful capping them at an appropriate level such as 100k or maybe 500k if they aren't as powerful.

Add to it, say you hate it, whatever but feedback is welcomed ;)

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Im just thinking, past 8k H/F (or however much it is to get WWs) is there really much reward for being honourable past that point apart from portalling?

My idea would be to invent a unit that maybe only ranks 1-10 top H/F would get. Say each hour you're in the top 10, you get a certain about of units (10 units for rank 1, 9 units for rank 2, 8 units for rank 3) etc etc. It could be a more armoured version of the WW (to provide let flak), a powerful distractor (to save lands), or a powerful flak killer (better than WKs). Im against having it being TOO powerful against LETs otherwise it could undo route balancing etc, but more something to aid you in defence of yourself. Im thinking depending on how powerful capping them at an appropriate level such as 100k or maybe 500k if they aren't as powerful.

Add to it, say you hate it, whatever but feedback is welcomed ;)

Why would letflak, a powerful distractor or a powerful flakkiller not undo route balancing?
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4159

And also, a flakkiller even more powerful than the white knight? You want to get free t-rexes or what? :|

Units for H/F should, imho, be cosmetical, not actually useful. So instead of creating even more units that unbalance the game, we should be looking at removing the use of the already existant H/F units.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
I think that you shouldnt get extra troops for gaining positive h/f but there should be more negatives to gaining negative h/f.

Them ww+wk are totally useless once you gain a certain size and even when you are small they are pretty darn easy to kill well the wk are and ww do so little damage you can ignore them.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Them ww+wk are totally useless once you gain a certain size and even when you are small they are pretty darn easy to kill well the wk are and ww do so little damage you can ignore them.

What if I don't *want* to kill them, for reasons mentioned in the thread I linked to in my former post? There's more to this game than just mass lethals to a target at 30% you know.

Chris_

Head Gardener
Why would letflak, a powerful distractor or a powerful flakkiller not undo route balancing?

Letflak would stop you taking so much damage and let you do more damage back (more units firing), a powerful distractor the same and a powerful flak killer will help prevent you being flakked so easily.

I guess in specific cases it will undo route balancing (the situations you outlined) but it is a reward for making the game potentially harder for yourself (hitting bigger targets etc) and wont be widely available, only 10 players who've chosen to make the sacrifice and be honorable.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
a better armoured version of the WW...these guys are already near impossible to kill. no thank you.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Units for H/F should, imho, be cosmetical, not actually useful. So instead of creating even more units that unbalance the game, we should be looking at removing the use of the already existant H/F units.

I agree that H/F units should be mainly cosmetic, but them having a slight use is not damaging to the game. If they were useless people would be less inclined to want to get them, and that would result in even more dishonourable players. I'd say H/F units are ok this round.

I don't think we need a new unit for the top H/F ranks though. I would presume that getting to the top 10 is motivation enough for most people without a fancy unit.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
...and that would result in even more dishonourable players.

Disagreed, we got bounty for that.

I think getting H/F units is a factor in some people playing honourably. If they were less useful people would be less inclined to work to get them, and as I said, that would result in more people playing dishonourably. I can't really see how you can disagree with that.

You forget you can play without a green or red title. People can attack dishonourably and still stay in the white by defending, but if you want H/F units you have to work by attacking honourably. So if they were useless people wouldn't care as much about getting a green title and would just work hard enough to stay out of the red.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
...and that would result in even more dishonourable players.

Disagreed, we got bounty for that.

I think getting H/F units is a factor in some people playing honourably. If they were less useful people would be less inclined to work to get them, and as I said, that would result in more people playing dishonourably. I can't really see how you can disagree with that.

You forget you can play without a green or red title. People can attack dishonourably and still stay in the white by defending, but if you want H/F units you have to work by attacking honourably. So if they were useless people wouldn't care as much about getting a green title and would just work hard enough to stay out of the red.

I know on the whole it is different, but a bounty doesn't really stop me rushing people. I'm happier just fighting people - The money making isn't too vital. I enjoy a good BR, and that's it really.
H/F is fine as it is, but maybe cosmetic units would be an idea worth pondering.