• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Fundamental Incentive Brainstorming

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
point 1
I think tobys idea of score and rank being different. and being consistent for the amount of time you are high ranked is good..

but i raise the point is it purely rank based over time?....for example if you are rank 1 for the first week, then die and drop down and sit at rank 2 for another week. and rank 2 was vice versa, he was rank 2 for a week then pinched rank 1......

do you both then become equal ranked....or does score have some effect. as such you were rank 1 but your score through the first week is about a tenth of what it is during the second week. and this weighting to the rank puts you firmly at 2nd place....this means the start is less important than th end.....

also time.. do you factor in time at that rank. if you were to restart mid round. and get a score rank equivalent of being rank 1. would the person who had stayed at a score rank of 2 all the time actually beat you in the rankings?

Good question. This isn't something I thought about when making the suggestion. I'd say time > score. If you were rank 1 for the first week that is the achievement, not having a big score. The actual amount of score increases for everyone over the course of the round so it doesn't have much relevance imo.

I think the guy who has played all round with his ID should be favoured over the restarter. Just look at Martin this round as an example. He restarted as CGs a couple of weeks ago and flakwhored to rank 1, but that doesn't mean he has been the "best" player (no offence, Martin :p ).

I've read nothing in this thread as until magpie officially takes control of it, I will then put forward my barrage of suggestions. However I noticed Toby's comment suggesting no offence, no offence taken (*cries*). BUT can I make it known that when I deleted to restart, I was rank 1 with the most land? Arseface.

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
I've read nothing in this thread as until magpie officially takes control of it, I will then put forward my barrage of suggestions. However I noticed Toby's comment suggesting no offence, no offence taken (*cries*). BUT can I make it known that when I deleted to restart, I was rank 1 with the most land? Arseface.

preach on brother. however, i thought I had passed you in land before you restarted? not that it matters as you were and are so big and beefy. om nom nom

Sekishi

Pruner
When the time comes. I will also if its desired by the community begin presenting suggestions once more. I stop by the forums a few times a year as it is now as there has been no point making suggestion with a inactive admin, however if this is resolved and desired Ill once more post suggestions of all natures and even be willing to take part as always at no cost to redo the route structure in the game. Felt this has been needed for years but has had no desire from Azzer to complete. You can find alot of my suggestions if you search, im pretty sure most are still quite viable.

- Sordes