Fantasy Premier League

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Bushtarion's league was called "The Hopping Frog" last season for some reason

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Bushtarion's league was called "The Hopping Frog" last season for some reason

That was because of something Charlie_B said about a frog hopping across him while he was on his computer, which happened to be while I was trying to think of a name for the league :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If you were that imbarassed by bush, you wouldn't play it ;p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I'm allowed to use emoticons which aren't animated though.

Elevnos

BANNED
I'll sign up :)
I missed the start of the last two seasons so was at a disadvantage... But from the start this one ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have to say I really, really dislike the official premier fantasy site.

I'd already signed up to the Sky Sports one (which feels a lot nicer and simpler, and I prefer the way their transfers and points work). You only make a squad of 11 rather than 15, and get so many transfers allowed per game week incase of injuries - there's no "substitutions" or anything like that. There is an overall "team budget", similar to the official one, but it's a bit more lenient.

I guess most would not want to sign up now they've already missed the 1st premier games of the season (even though there's loads of games to go, and it wouldn't be a tragedy)... but if you already had a Sky Sports fantasy football team, or you're up for signing up now 1 game in;

http://fantasyfootball.skysports.com/

Once you've created your team, head to "Private Leagues", scroll to the bottom to "Joining an existing league:" and enter the league Pin;

I pretty much don't follow football and am rubbish at knowing who plays for what teams etc. or who are actually good players, so I just make it up as I go along and pick my team & transfers from any names that I've heard my brother talking about in the past, or that I heard during the World cup :p

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
If you only make a team based on players who you've heard of during the World Cup you wouldn't have a single British player :p

Anywho, the Premiership fantasy game is pretty much a classic and I've played it for 4 years straight now, I've grown accustomed to its rules. And I personally love the fact that there are nearly two million teams registered this season. I think having more transfers/monies and no subs will make it really easy to have a godlike team

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
I like the premier league one as well. I think having fewer transfers and substitutes makes it more interesting and tactics come into it a bit more.

Signer

Pruner
My experience of the Sky Sports fantasy one, though it was for the World Cup, was that it was VERY easy to get a great team, and everyone picked the obvious players in each position

The best one I've played was the McDonalds World Cup one, you had to actually think quite a lot about that one before the matches, with substitutions and who to risk etc. Was great.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
I loved their manual substitutions, although they won't work that well considering there are only 2/3 days of games each round in the PL.