• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Fantasy: Aliens Reborn

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3407
CF's original post back in September last year
from about November last year through to now I've been on and off playing around with something similar conceptually

I finally feel it is about ready for the viewing of others so here it is

Alien Branch of 'Fantasy' Route

-Cultist/Acolyte (as Serf is now, rename helps it fit better with all 3 branches imo) (Living)

-UFO LET Converts [r/m] INN NLD NLT 605 3 £55,000 */***/*/* (Vehicle)
-Converts Gibbering Farmer[NNF] INN Destroys Planted Plants 20% [ALL] 895 4 £20,000 **/* 5000 plants (Living)

-Stalker LET Stuns [all] LET NLT 505 3{1} £29,000 */*/***/** (Living)

-Hive Conduit[NNF] LET MindControls [all] LET NLT NLD 75 5 £75,000 **/***/*(*{**})/*(*{**}) (Living)
*Mind Controlling is like bribing but only short duration, ie, each tick they Conduits will 'attack' and they'll take control
of some of the hostile troops who will attack and die as if they were the friendlies
*Stars in parenthesis represent 2nd in () and 3rd {} tick values, due to getting closer to the unit their psychic field gets stronger (just an idea, not a make or break :p)

-[ENG]Reaper LET Kills [m/c] ALL 290 3 £15,500 */*/*/* (armored attack dog ish, gard->cg, dog->reaper) (Living)

-Reaver LET Kills [all] LET 340 4{1} £96,000 **/****/*/****** (Living)

-[PU]Mothership LET Kills [m/c] LET ALL 685 5 £190,000 ****/****/*****/***** (Vehicle)

Peasantry (Potentially needs a rename as well)
£550,000,000 (24)

Crop Circles and Strange Lights
£2,500,000,000 (55)

Paralytic Toxins and Chameleon skin
£19,000,000,000 (48)

The Hive Mind
£85,000,000,000 (105)

The Swarm [Requires Engineering]
£45,000,000,000 (55)

Bioweaponry
£150,000,000,000 (200)

The Fleet Commeth' [P-Unit]
£200,000,000 (285)

UFO
Abducting poor innocents and probing them here, there and everywhere, thats what these flying saucers do best!

Stalker
A man-sized alien chameleon that secretes a paralytic poison, don't let them touch you!

Hive Conduit
An unusual alien that emits a psychic field that can cause even the strongest minded individuals to switch sides in an instant, at least it's effects are short-lived...

Reaper
Small, not much larger than your average rottweiler, but twice as deadly, with a bio-engineered hide to boot.

Reaver
Armored chameleonic hide with an armor piercing acid spray grown right into these beasties, bio-engineering and evolution at its finest.

Mothership
Designed to protect the horde in transit at all costs, and able to reduce entire cities, nations and even planets with their collosal firepower.

NNF = Name Not Finalised

Now, it's not quite finished, still some tweaking i feel needs to be done, but some critical opinions ideally constructive ones are appreciated

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
The idea of mind control is intriguing, and it's gotten my attention.
Nice ideas, pretty well balanced - It would need a good ol' field test to be sure, though - Specially with that Mothership unit.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I am intriouged (or something similar), about the general idea, and especially the early units. But I think the two last units sounds awfully like Sorcs and Dragons, any chance to mix that up a bit?

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
I am intriouged (or something similar), about the general idea, and especially the early units. But I think the two last units sounds awfully like Sorcs and Dragons, any chance to mix that up a bit?

I'm not sure how a stealth LET targetting stealth armor damager relates to Sorcs :p
but the dragon comparison is fairly accurate

-----------

"NightReaper" - Kills - R/M/C - LET - ETA 4 {1} - low/mid init, between harrier and TL - ***/***/*/***** - STEALTH - cost in 70s
Come out after PA/Sorc, slightly before CW/Striker

Intended as beefed up assassin, able to take out strikers, PAs, Gargs, and Sorcs to a degree, but intentionally put after harrier to give harrier some targets.
Also wanted to give the game an armoured stealth unit, something which is lacking. Stealthed armour killers are also lacking, assuming TL gets a nerf.
*s very much open to debate here

Part space-craft, part alien; a melding of living tissue with Alien technology, evolved and perfected over countless interstellar wars.

-----------
-----------

PUnit: Mothership - Kills - M/C - LET/ALL - ETA 5 - high init, after TD and puppet, before HW - *****/***/*****/***** - cost 150-200k
A cross between Dragon and TRex

Wanted to make the PUnit not a neccesary part of the route, although still useful.
Fills the Z-Type's sweeper role on the close tick.

Designed to protect the horde in transit at all costs, and able to reduce entire cities, nations and even planets with their collosal firepower.
If you survive it's waves of NightReapers, you won't survive this.

------------

the 2 original units by CF
with the case of the Mothership i did just shamelessly yoink it :p

No-Dachi

Official Helper

I'm not sure how a stealth LET targetting stealth armor damager relates to Sorcs :p

You are right, I must've been really tired not to see that :p

Another point that crossed my mind is that they have no unit that fires after their stunner (on range), and no unit (other than the stunner), to sweep the AD ALL hitting unit. With no possible HD dealt on range, and no real way of targetting LETs, will they not be raped by every other route on the range tick? HD based will be safe, and robots can shield their lethals with flak, causing the damage to be spread out.

Considering the dogs hit before the reaver, there's no real sweeping happening mid tick either, unless you get the p-unit. With the dogs to clear flak, AD, stun and then a heavy duty sweeper coming in, they're up for a decent mid/close combat, but that solely relies on the P-unit. For me this is a problem, as I believe every route should be playable without the P-unit. They also have a sort of glitch in the initiative, as I've pointed out. I'm sure this route will be quite decent in team battles (although I'll admit I havnt studied their init compared to the other routes), but in a single combat I fear it will struggle.

Last edited:

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
The Stalker, the Hive, Mind Control, Reaper, Reaver, Mothership, The Swarm are all in starcraft :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
The Stalker, the Hive, Mind Control, Reaper, Reaver, Mothership, The Swarm are all in starcraft :p

This is news to me :p
as i said, I've played SC1 once, as the humans and i got raped by easy pc (they were protos, so haven't had any experience of the Zerg (i'm guessing thats where the majority of it is 'from')) soooo havent played since and didn't get SC2 like everyone else :p

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

You are right, I must've been really tired not to see that :p

Another point that crossed my mind is that they have no unit that fires after their stunner (on range), and no unit (other than the stunner), to sweep the AD ALL hitting unit. With no possible HD dealt on range, and no real way of targetting LETs, will they not be raped by every other route on the range tick? HD based will be safe, and robots can shield their lethals with flak, causing the damage to be spread out.

Considering the dogs hit before the reaver, there's no real sweeping happening mid tick either, unless you get the p-unit. With the dogs to clear flak, AD, stun and then a heavy duty sweeper coming in, they're up for a decent mid/close combat, but that solely relies on the P-unit. For me this is a problem, as I believe every route should be playable without the P-unit. They also have a sort of glitch in the initiative, as I've pointed out. I'm sure this route will be quite decent in team battles (although I'll admit I havnt studied their init compared to the other routes), but in a single combat I fear it will struggle.

I see what you're getting at, and yeah, there isn't really that much 'depth' to it, alot of individually alright units, that combined make an alright route, but excel in an alliance setting :p I didnt want to put in a dedicated health killer as with such a powerful armor killer in the Reavers it'd be silly (almost as silly as if SAs and Sins had their Inits swapped :p)

1 on 1 the majority of routes would probably be able to take it on, except robots (and maybe strikers depending on their marine count) who will be wtfcleaved by the Reavers

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Actually, if the strikers and robots just used a lot of INN flak, they could easily kill this route, since Reavers targets ALL. Of course, this would depend on how effective the Ufo is at clearing flak, but with one star it doesn't look too powerful. With only say 20% of the Reavers actually hitting striker/robots I doubt it would wtfpwn them. But I'll see if I get around to a more constructive suggestive post tonight.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
As long as Ogluk isn't spewing pokemon crap I'm happy.

/thumbs up

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Actually, if the strikers and robots just used a lot of INN flak, they could easily kill this route, since Reavers targets ALL. Of course, this would depend on how effective the Ufo is at clearing flak, but with one star it doesn't look too powerful. With only say 20% of the Reavers actually hitting striker/robots I doubt it would wtfpwn them. But I'll see if I get around to a more constructive suggestive post tonight.

you're reading it wrong, Reavers target LET only and fire All ticks :p

Walking_Death

Harvester
Irrelevant post about where the ideas came from and not the route that needs to be added in order to give fantasy its 3rd route.

I'm liking the UFOs. They take out generics and give you free INN flak, and that INN flak can actually be useful!

Stalkers.... I don't know about those. It's just how late they fire, but I suppose you get what you pay for, and they still can be pretty useful, after all, they fire at close so they can stop sweepers, which is (I assume) why they target NLTs as well. Still, it's the only thing that stops you from getting destroyed at ranged tick

The Hive Conduits seem a really cool, and although it'd be a total ***** to program I'm sure, it'd be worth a try and I'd like to see it. Its not too reliable to give you that "missing piece" to your army, yet would still give your troops support. I like it.

Reaper is cool. Although, for this route, it seems like it should have a bit more health, as everything else is armored. Also, it's your only reliable source of HD, save the Punit. So maybe an extra star of HD?

Reavers are pretty cool, and gives you the option to go robot bashing since they fire before CWs.

Lastly, the Mothership.
To me, the mothership is a necessity. It's got HD, something this route is lacking in, as well as actual, sheer killing power. It's the ONE unit in this whole lot that I think would really, truly show up in the BRs. Everything else is just support. I would personally make it r/c, as it would balance out the ticks a lot, and you can actually deal out damage on the ranged tick rather than mind controlling a few and stunning.

To sum it up, this route has serious survivability issues, unless you massively flak with Reapers, and even then it's an armor based route. Forcing to flak with Reapers isn't necessarily a bad thing, as many routes have to do something like that (RPG has to use Humvees as armor, Striker has to use Marines etc.), its just that most routes that do that will supply the missing stat (in this case, health). I think that basically, it should be an attack dog with higher health, not armor.

That's about it though, I like the work you put into this.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ive fully looked at ur route. and i like it.

but want to change the punit abit. the rest looks sexy

dont like gibbering farmer destroying planted plants at all ranges. sure that is the point, and u can just replant. but (depending on eta) could get very annoying very quickly for inactives. but nice converting to an innocent for flaking for a change

i think those hive conduits, shud just be close. or be the same power through out. its makes it a bit confusing. is it 1 star 1 star 2 stars.

or 1 star 2star 4star (cumalative effect)is what i assume. also nice initiative. but expensive and ultimately id like to see it be more health damage favoured. though i can see it just being used at close range. (also the praticality of having during the battle report. a unit that fires in the midst of the battle and switches units to your side just for the battle) may be difficult to impliment.

i see it as a nice defencive unit. and offensively cud be funny but ultimately flak (that can produce more flak) as the enemy units will fire b4 that which is converted.

like the reaper. but i view it kind of as a petrol bomber that doesnt kill. just armour flak. which is quite dear for its job, but then again loooking at the p-unit. if it was too cheap it wud be a nightmare. so i guess for its price its okay. the route is just an expensive route.

reaver nice.. need a unit that finally does the full 6 stars of AD and isnt stupidly late firing.

but for me the harriers should shoot before it (make init 355), else harrier route becomes even more wretched. (hell its gonna be a ***** for strikers and robo's anyway especially with 100% firepower on them and massive AD. concerned on HD *. could make it overpowered or underpowered if not right. needs to get a good ratio on armour units (enough hd) but also strip a few extra for tls to finish off.) .. and it shoots before tl still.

and for me the punit does nothing special. but works well with the route. increases the incentive for reapers. keep them alive for 2 ticks to fire midlle.and nightmare on defence when combined with reaver. massive armour stripping. and killing. can probably hit the armour routes through a fair bit of other route flak with the punit being one of the last things to fire on the battle field. so wud be epic for big BR.

but i kind of like the concept of a punit opening up a route that you previously wud have fallen victim to, or that wasnt particularly attractive. so id rather same price. more armour, less AD, maybe more HD, and fires R/M and it be able to be used to help take on an sa.

also if r/m and re-tuned, when combined then with hives. the question on defence is do i face the massive AD (reaver) and HD(mothership) at range and middle with nice flaking unit.(reaper) flak..... or do i risk last tick. where hives are firing early and at thier most dangerous. but there is little other health damage. firing after the AD of the reaver

that to me would make the p-unit better. and open up more options for the route. even though it will be just mass reaver/mothership if allied by so many boring people. If solo you can chose how u balance the conduit and reaper flak.

if not made RM your weakest at range. and are kinda stuck with all these potentially nice units. but you cant really use in an attack because everyone except strikers and robos will just first tick you with mass rpg/tl or ranger. so you have less options for what routes you go for cos of a lack of ranged damage and just end up massing reaver and reaper.

Last edited:

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
think ur getting confused:

-[ENG]Reaper LET Kills [m/c] ALL 290 3 £15,500 */*/*/* (armored attack dog ish, gard->cg, dog->reaper) (Living)

-Reaver LET Kills [all] LET 340 4{1} £96,000 **/****/*/****** (Living)

reaver fires all. but targets lethals. making it one of the best AD in game(without being in game). 100% firepower all at lethals. Sexy. and cant be killed by mass rpg. as it has some health. only unit that does 6 stars of AD. other than trex/gargantua hq/admin units....and as we know stars are exponetial. so basically how i see it is it not only kills robo and striker. at a ratio defined by how much health damage it does with that 1*. but strips the rest very effectively. reduces heavy armour to nothing.

so pretty much rapes robo and striker. not matter how much flak they have. but wont see it in the ratio too much cos of that tiny HD (shud be better than an rpg. all hd on lethals only, more stripping to). but in a big/multiple br you will see its power when the tls fire.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
ive fully looked at ur route. and i like it.

but want to change the punit abit. the rest looks sexy

dont like gibbering farmer destroying planted plants at all ranges. sure that is the point, and u can just replant. but (depending on eta) could get very annoying very quickly for inactives. but nice converting to an innocent for flaking for a change

i think those hive conduits, shud just be close. or be the same power through out. its makes it a bit confusing. is it 1 star 1 star 2 stars.

or 1 star 2star 4star (cumalative effect)is what i assume. also nice initiative. but expensive and ultimately id like to see it be more health damage favoured. though i can see it just being used at close range. (also the praticality of having during the battle report. a unit that fires in the midst of the battle and switches units to your side just for the battle) may be difficult to impliment.

i see it as a nice defencive unit. and offensively cud be funny but ultimately flak (that can produce more flak) as the enemy units will fire b4 that which is converted.

like the reaper. but i view it kind of as a petrol bomber that doesnt kill. just armour flak. which is quite dear for its job, but then again loooking at the p-unit. if it was too cheap it wud be a nightmare. so i guess for its price its okay. the route is just an expensive route.

reaver nice.. need a unit that finally does the full 6 stars of AD and isnt stupidly late firing.

but for me the harriers should shoot before it (make init 355), else harrier route becomes even more wretched. (hell its gonna be a ***** for strikers and robo's anyway especially with 100% firepower on them and massive AD. concerned on HD *. could make it overpowered or underpowered if not right. needs to get a good ratio on armour units (enough hd) but also strip a few extra for tls to finish off.) .. and it shoots before tl still.

and for me the punit does nothing special. but works well with the route. increases the incentive for reapers. keep them alive for 2 ticks to fire midlle.and nightmare on defence when combined with reaver. massive armour stripping. and killing. can probably hit the armour routes through a fair bit of other route flak with the punit being one of the last things to fire on the battle field. so wud be epic for big BR.

but i kind of like the concept of a punit opening up a route that you previously wud have fallen victim to, or that wasnt particularly attractive. so id rather same price. more armour, less AD, maybe more HD, and fires R/M and it be able to be used to help take on an sa.

also if r/m and re-tuned, when combined then with hives. the question on defence is do i face the massive AD (reaver) and HD(mothership) at range and middle with nice flaking unit.(reaper) flak..... or do i risk last tick. where hives are firing early and at thier most dangerous. but there is little other health damage. firing after the AD of the reaver

that to me would make the p-unit better. and open up more options for the route. even though it will be just mass reaver/mothership if allied by so many boring people. If solo you can chose how u balance the conduit and reaper flak.

if not made RM your weakest at range. and are kinda stuck with all these potentially nice units. but you cant really use in an attack because everyone except strikers and robos will just first tick you with mass rpg/tl or ranger. so you have less options for what routes you go for cos of a lack of ranged damage and just end up massing reaver and reaper.

finally some proper comments \o/ <3 Willy :p

the converted unit, is a sort of nod to the old arsonist, which i loved dearly and actually got some decent use out of when i played around with them

with the hive conduits, the variable firepower was just a conceptual suggestion, dont really expect it to be taken seriously, it'd go, 1 star at range 2 mid 3 close
and yeah, keeping it as just 1 star (dont want it being too powerful, otherwise it'd just be a stupidly spammable unit that would overpower everything)

the reaver init, i thought i had put them after harriers, mebbe i slipped up and didnt, oopsie
the reaver is the real pride and joy of the route, a dedicated armor busting stealth unit, just to give something else for those who love stealth rushing *cough* CF *cough* to play with

the punit, yeaaah i was kinda unsure what to do with it, so just stole CF's idea from last year
and yeah, the balance on the firing ticks isnt that great, but if it was, the route would be borderline godly, cant have it being tooooo good :p

thanks for the comments ^_^

more are welcome from others :p