dev gripes. no one in particular

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Right, because you don't get the most eff for killing stuff? Oh.

Thanks for also omitting the h/f values. Either you don't think they matter (probably) or you're obfuscating the reality.

h/f has no relevance on my point, as warlord proflie award is effectiveness, and you get effectiveness whether or not you are honourable.... and as for my meaning and obfuscation of it, i think if anything not showing honour or fame made it clearer not less clear. The point being that effectiveness gains are larger if you die in a battle rather than not dying, or if the battle itself is large. Which plays to being a suicidal flak whore, carried in a rank 1 alliance with late firing units such as strikers.

Anway I meant it as a gripe not a discussion, and i think even if your opinion differs, a few heavy thugs if they are needed (mass incoming afoot) to kill the flak is beneficial. And should be done, after all if it takes 2 or 3 of your mass incoming 8 hours or more to buy back the flak you kill, it makes it easier for 8 hours to guru whats left, and stop land loss. which in the long run is better for the whole alliances tech speed. Which is why it frustrated me, and i made this thread. something a selfish player probably wouldnt realise.

Edit: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alcibiades again." boo

zhouj

Harvester
Right, because you don't get the most eff for killing stuff? Oh.

Thanks for also omitting the h/f values. Either you don't think they matter (probably) or you're obfuscating the reality.

h/f has no relevance on my point, as warlord proflie award is effectiveness, and you get effectiveness whether or not you are honourable.... and as for my meaning and obfuscation of it, i think if anything not showing honour or fame made it clearer not less clear. The point being that effectiveness gains are larger if you die in a battle rather than not dying, or if the battle itself is large. Which plays to being a suicidal flak whore, carried in a rank 1 alliance with late firing units such as strikers.

Anway I meant it as a gripe not a discussion, and i think even if your opinion differs, a few heavy thugs if they are needed (mass incoming afoot) to kill the flak is beneficial. And should be done, after all if it takes 2 or 3 of your mass incoming 8 hours or more to buy back the flak you kill, it makes it easier for 8 hours to guru whats left, and stop land loss. which in the long run is better for the whole alliances tech speed. Which is why it frustrated me, and i made this thread. something a selfish player probably wouldnt realise.

Edit: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alcibiades again." boo

1. Effectiveness directly scales with positive honor. Thanks for playing.
2. Effectiveness directly scales independently with value killed and value had killed. Thanks for playing.
3. See below.

Rank 1 Enemies Killed: Achieved
Rank 1 Damage Done: Achieved

I don't mean to insult your intelligence but...I do.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
2. Effectiveness directly scales independently with value killed and value had killed. Thanks for playing.
3. See below.

Ill start by addressing point 2:

"* Effectiveness: A scoring system related to damage you do to any enemy (whether in defence or attack), and damage received from the enemy. The damage type (eg lethal, bribe, distract) plays a large part in this score, and the manner of doing/receiving the damage (eg bashing somebody at 30% range) can also affect these gains/losses (losses are much less likely than gains, but can occur in certain circumstances/fights
with extremely poor planning and attacks). "

why do you state something as fact and not give the source of this divine wisdom or proof to back it up, and why does the portal disagree with you? has borat ever told you great trolling!.............................NOT!.

as for point 1.

It is one and the same, aka it doesnt matter about h/f because you still get much more honour (-ve or +ve), fame and therefore effectiveness from dying on an attack/defence than you do from a clean kill. it means nothing. you were probably just a suicidal flak whoring selfish alliance member, who was carried by the rest of the team, and nothing you have said disproves this it only seems to prove it!

and as for point 3:

whoop de doo..... I have the same achievments and more. is this a measure your e-peen contest or do you just not know how to make a point without being conceited,

Rank 1 Enemies Disabled: Achieved
Rank 1 Enemies Bribed: Achieved

and you know the round i achieved the damage done and most killed. i was a selfish player. i was in a rank 1 alliance always suiciding and staying low for targets. and i even was top 5 on fearsome page with 3.5 times the damage done to the enemy as that i recieved. IT STILL DOESNT MAKE YOU A TEAM PLAYER OR USEFUL MEMBER you are still selfish, and carried by your alliance, not contributing anything useful by being troop thin and flak fat, and always dying.

and now to bring it back to the gripe
and its that same selfish naive mentallity that frustrates me, saving religiously for your tech, and complaining when you lose land when you have a unit (heavy thug) that can thin the mass waves of pure flak incoming and make it easier to guru the following waves and save many peoples land. then you should use it tactfully for most benefit to you and your alliance. optimizing delay to next tech by making it easier to save land in the following waves, but not overspending at the detriment to developments. Cant you see it is all circumstantial.... there is no one best way to play a route, it depends on the competition!

listen im not going to explain the game to you, and i wasnt trying to insult you nor your "inteligence" [you did that all on your own]. but if your flames are resorting to insults because your are to inept to rebute a point with facts and evidence instead of made up rhetoric maybe you should just stop posting.

Last edited:

zhouj

Harvester
3. See below.

Ill start by addressing point 2:

"* Effectiveness: A scoring system related to damage you do to any enemy (whether in defence or attack), and damage received from the enemy. The damage type (eg lethal, bribe, distract) plays a large part in this score, and the manner of doing/receiving the damage (eg bashing somebody at 30% range) can also affect these gains/losses (losses are much less likely than gains, but can occur in certain circumstances/fights
with extremely poor planning and attacks). "

why do you state something as fact and not give the source of this divine wisdom or proof to back it up, and why does the portal disagree with you? has borat ever told you great trolling!.............................NOT!.

as for point 1.

It is one and the same, aka it doesnt matter about h/f because you still get much more honour (-ve or +ve), fame and therefore effectiveness from dying on an attack/defence than you do from a clean kill. it means nothing. you were probably just a suicidal flak whoring selfish alliance member, who was carried by the rest of the team, and nothing you have said disproves this it only seems to prove it!

and as for point 3:

whoop de doo..... I have the same achievments and more. is this a measure your e-peen contest or do you just not know how to make a point without being conceited,

Rank 1 Enemies Disabled: Achieved
Rank 1 Enemies Bribed: Achieved

and you know the round i achieved the damage done and most killed. i was a selfish player. i was in a rank 1 alliance always suiciding and staying low for targets. and i even was top 5 on fearsome page with 3.5 times the damage done to the enemy as that i recieved. IT STILL DOESNT MAKE YOU A TEAM PLAYER OR USEFUL MEMBER you are still selfish, and carried by your alliance, not contributing anything useful by being troop thin and flak fat, and always dying.

and now to bring it back to the gripe
and its that same selfish naive mentallity that frustrates me, saving religiously for your tech, and complaining when you lose land when you have a unit (heavy thug) that can thin the mass waves of pure flak incoming and make it easier to guru the following waves and save many peoples land. then you should use it tactfully for most benefit to you and your alliance. optimizing delay to next tech by making it easier to save land in the following waves, but not overspending at the detriment to developments. Cant you see it is all circumstantial.... there is no one best way to play a route, it depends on the competition!

listen im not going to explain the game to you, and i wasnt trying to insult you nor your "inteligence" [you did that all on your own]. but if your flames are resorting to insults because your are to inept to rebute a point with facts and evidence instead of made up rhetoric maybe you should just stop posting.

Case in point:

i dont want to criticise zhouj as i can't remember ever playing with him.

Also, you may want to look up intelligence in the dictionary.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
you were probably just a suicidal flak whoring selfish alliance member, who was carried by the rest of the team, and nothing you have said disproves this it only seems to prove it!

I love how you make assumptions. It makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Zhouj was a vital asset to our alliance, and he followed orders, bought useful units and played for the best of the alliance for as long as there was any competition. How he decided to play after the contest for rank 1 was settled, is and should be his own business. I had players not logging in for days at a time, I had players being very active and planting every tick, I had players sitting on seeds to have targets, and I had players flakwhore for statgain. Neither annoyed me, as they had all done their utmost to contribute to our victory, and would step up again if needed.

I'll allow myself to remind you, since you're obviously not basing your assumptions on facts, that Zhouj all the while had the potential to buy up more lethals than anyone else in the game from the seeds he saved. Useless? No. Carried? No. We each play the game as we want. In a FTW ally you only forfeit that free will for as long as the battle for rank 1 is happening.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I agree, despite my prodding at the flakwhoring. Most of HC got on well - I even continued merrily chatting away to CK post him leaving.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Please, read what was said initially.

We were discussing flak wars, zhouj stuck his/her nose in. you win oir arguement for us no-dachi, as you said once you have won! Well you havent won the round when ht/guru are just out!

Yochoko

Head Gardener
i would very much like to think zhouj is a girl tooooooooo. :p

on topic:
i think it's reaaaalllyyyy useful and even vital to have a decent number of early LETs to discourage incs and give them hurtful damages. if you only block, whether they land or not, they'll come back (with potentially more flak since they didn't lose any). but if you kill a significant number, they'd think twice before resending and probably resort to hit somewhere where they are sure they'd only get blocked. if you kill flak, they have less. even if they can buy some more, it won't be 'in addition' to what they initially had whereas it'll be an additional number of flak the next time they come back if they only get blocked. as a solo, i can see clearly the difference between 'before killing (just blocking)' and 'after killing'. they don't come back immediately after they lost flak or quite a number of pure geos/wheelies. blocking is just endless.. :<

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
Willy +1

Yochoko +1

Zouhj -1

That pretty much covers everything..

Dachi - If you read the sentence you quoted.. He said "Probably" If you read what he had said at least twice before, he said "I haven't played with you before but from what I saw last round round"

Zouhj, whether he was useful for you or not, was never a real threat to FL, based on our point of view, he was a flakwhore. When he did finally get a few troops, he was too big to attack anyone.

zhouj

Harvester
I'm not sure anyone except maybe Dachi appreciates the delicious irony in this thread,

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Dachi - If you read the sentence you quoted.. He said "Probably" If you read what he had said at least twice before, he said "I haven't played with you before but from what I saw last round round"

I know he did, which is why I started by saying "assumptions". My post was merely trying to correct his view.

Flamey: I didn't even understand the point you were making, and I doubt it's on topic anyway. If it is, please reply and clarify, and I'll adress it.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Indeed, I shouldnt post on painkillers (quite strong ones) from my phone, ill clarify and edit at work tommorow.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Cmon guys, i've been lurking all day and this thread has been the only interesting one. keep it going.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
sorry hui,

theres no point arguing with people who have a different opinion on what you should do at round start and how you should play a route, or what makes a useful alliance member. it just gets circular and dull. and circumstantial.

Especially talking from the outside looking in when you cant possibly know all the fact and figures... im satisfied enough that people i respect and have played with or been unable to best at least have agreed to varying degrees of what is useful. and therefore hopefully could understand the original post. and why i was griping although in the wrong section. so im satisfied.

tbh i should have realised from his first post zouj didnt understand what i was driving at, nor the need to balance spending and saving dependant on the route or incoming.or even his second post where he was sarcastic and a little arrogant. I would have thought being in HC and the incoming they got and the need to fight off twigley would have enlightened him. particulalry the usefull ness of killing off the flak, with only one or two poms! oh well not my problem im not in his alliance.