• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Design Directions: Official Resistance System

Ahead

Head Gardener
I assure you me leaving has had no impact on my knowledge of the game ;) I haven't played an official round in 18 months, and am top 5 in the player rankings, if I have missed things/forgot stuff clearly it wasn't very important :p

Wow! And I didn't think your cocky, ridiculous posts could get any funnier! You're top 5, congratulations. You're in a n00block.. congratulations. This does not mean that you know everything. Assuming that you have missed out on "nothing important" in 18 months makes you look like a bigger noob than you already are. Nobody really cares about your rank, or your land count because we all know you wouldn't be anywhere near it if you weren't in the nooblock.

You continue to state that you don't want TBA to have anything to do with these threads, yet YOU are the one that keeps bringing it into them. Everybody in the whole playerbase knows that you do not deserve you rank / land, and are attempting to "preserve your name" by making stupid threads and posts worrying about other people making powerblocks in future rounds because you don't want to be on the receiving end.

You're top 5, so what? You don't know everything and you have missed the whole of age 4, therefore you have no idea how resistances have worked successfully in recent times etc whereas many of the people in this thread have been involved in organising and/or been on the receiving end of several - they do know.

Just so this post has some relevance to the thread in its entirety, I agree with Garrett. A whole remodel of the alliance HQ system and inter-alliance wars should be prioritised over a resistance system, as this will more than likely aid the resistance anyway.

Also I agree with Polo that HQ units should be able to attack other alliances' members when at war (after the overhaul though ofc - not using the current units).

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I assure you me leaving has had no impact on my knowledge of the game ;) I haven't played an official round in 18 months, and am top 5 in the player rankings, if I have missed things/forgot stuff clearly it wasn't very important :p

Wow! And I didn't think your cocky, ridiculous posts could get any funnier! You're top 5, congratulations. You're in a n00block.. congratulations. This does not mean that you know everything. Assuming that you have missed out on "nothing important" in 18 months makes you look like a bigger noob than you already are. Nobody really cares about your rank, or your land count because we all know you wouldn't be anywhere near it if you weren't in the nooblock.

You continue to state that you don't want TBA to have anything to do with these threads, yet YOU are the one that keeps bringing it into them. Everybody in the whole playerbase knows that you do not deserve you rank / land, and are attempting to "preserve your name" by making stupid threads and posts worrying about other people making powerblocks in future rounds because you don't want to be on the receiving end.

You're top 5, so what? You don't know everything and you have missed the whole of age 4, therefore you have no idea how resistances have worked successfully in recent times etc whereas many of the people in this thread have been involved in organising and/or been on the receiving end of several - they do know.

I would like to Quote that For Truth.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
This thread is no longer a suggestion thread, more of a flame-a-thon :p
Suggest shizzle!

I can give you quite a few examples of successful resistances. I can give you reasons why there were/were not successful as well. While we are on the subject, last round there was a successful resistance. Ask twigley.

Well not counting the fact we had no targets, little desire to win, 17 thugs, 3 poms - yeah i know what you mean :p
All it takes is determination, communication, someone to organise and a bit of knoledge.

Resistence does always seem to have the same pattern though, just different personel:

* Rank 1 alliance gets ahead.
* Rank 2 and 3 alliance still have a shot at winning so they team up, snap each other and start thinking how to beat them.
* They ask the rank 4,5,6,7 alliances if they want to join in and sometimes a few of them will but only with 4/5 members.

----------THIS IS WHERE IT FAILS AND NEEDS SOME INPUT----------
* Rank 2 and 3 alliance get pissed off with them and discount them, not realising that the rank 4,5,6,7 alliances are doing them a favour as they know they aint gonna benifit from it - it's just fun for them so the lower alliances lose interest. (Also its normally the top alliances doing all the organising and the lower alliances being puppets)
* Rank 2 and 3 alliance do 1 of 2 things. 1) Catch the top offguard and start raping them, in which case the rest of the game sees free land. 2) First waves go to **** and they get bored and rank 1 alliance wins easy as.
----------THIS IS WHERE IT FAILS AND NEEDS SOME INPUT----------

As i see it ... there needs to be something that brings the lower alliances into it. It's often the case that the leaders of the smaller alliances want to join in but the members have no desire to help those who bashed them or to be so active and lose sleep. So what to do?:

* Bonuses? Not sure what kind...
* News Updates on the overview?
* The rank x - x alliances appoints 1 person who can edit part of the overview on "Official resistence updates" obviously without ids etc ... More of a "Get in contact with me! Cmon guys lets have fun! You in small alliances get your land coutns up and laugh at those who have bashed you!" etc etc ... All the motivational stuff.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
* News Updates on the overview?

Now this right here? This I kinda like. Forgive me for invoking 'CRA', but when the CRA attacked the 'top' there was an announcement on overview stating CRA has sent at id XXXX and is eta (whatever)....

I'm not sure exactly how to make it relevant yet... like does the top need to be declared war on by only 1 alliance? (and in it's current state war declaration is a death sentence)

I would keep it vague.

'Like ID xxxx of the 'Opressors' is under heavy seige. Join the fight!'

is this a system? no, and of course i've said it many times, i'm against a system... but notification that rumblings are going on at top... might help.

We need people attacking. sure there are 1k-1.1k id's this round. However, only 474 people have sent more than 24 attacks.

24 attacks or less for over 500 'active' ids. (over 900 have been counted as active in the last week)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Just so this post has some relevance to the thread in its entirety, I agree with Garrett. A whole remodel of the alliance HQ system and inter-alliance wars should be prioritised over a resistance system, as this will more than likely aid the resistance anyway.

Also I agree with Polo that HQ units should be able to attack other alliances' members when at war (after the overhaul though ofc - not using the current units).

This is what is causing all the problems with you guys, f0xx, etc, is that you're putting words in my mouth.

I did not say I know everything. Garrett questioned the credibility of my opinion, saying that as I've been away so long I've missed too much to have an argument/opinion with any basis.

I replied to him with my current rank and said If I have missed anything it can't be much.

You've twisted that into me saying "I know everything".

Stop looking for an argument, this thread has nothing to do with me personally, nor TBA.

I was simply defending the credibility of my opinion to Garrett. Surprise surprise, someone uses it as an excuse to bring me/TBA into a topic that has nothing to do with either.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
First you say this:
Dark_Angel said:
am top 5 in the player rankings

Then you say this:
Dark_Angel said:
Stop looking for an argument, this thread has nothing to do with me personally, nor TBA.

You need to understand that you are the only one bringing your rank and powerblock into the discussion.

When people use their rank as a proof of how skilled they are and that they know the game, then you should expect to be flamed. Especially if that said person is part of a powerblock.

Powerblock are basicly formed to remove the threat of resistances forming and when we have a person, currently part of a powerblock, who suggest creation of a mechanism to allow lower alliances easier organisation of resistances, then you should expect to be flamed. I won't even get into the fact that such a system, as stated above by me and Azzer can not only for used for easier organisation of resistances, but can also be used for easier organisation or powerblocks.

When you create a suggestion, you should expect people to question your motives for this suggestion. What are your motives DA? Do you really want to make organisation of resistances easier or you just want to create a better image of yourself before the public?

First you create a thread/petitoion against the use of powerblock for next round while you currently are in a powerblock.

Then you create a suggestion thread looking for ways to make the game more entertaining for people who are on top, saying you do not have targets when your alliance has a safelist of 40 (fourty) IDs.

And lastly you create this thread, suggesting the imlemention of a system that allows easier organisation of resistances while you currently are in the biggest powerblock known in bushtarion history.

Now please, notice that this is not a flame/whine directed towards you/TBA. If you want to have a boring round, have no targets, remove all chances of resistance coming for you, then playing in powerblock is the EXACT place in which you can fulfil your goals.

If you want to have a fun round with a lot of targets, allow better organisation of resistances then removing the possibility of powerblocks should be your MAIN goal.

Just questioning your motives DA, just questioning your motives... It does sound a bit wrong for someone in powerblock to make a thread about how hard it is to organise a resistance therefore this whole suggestion is... strange to put it soft.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
WTF, are you two still going at it?!

What do you mean Tim? My post was just proving that such a system (the one DA is suggesting) is not needed.

Thank you for adding a constructive post to an already highly constructive thread though :roll:

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Timt,

DA is claiming that his value rank = knowledge. This was his only supporting statement for said knowledge and experience. This isn't necessarily true, and especially potentially even less true in a powerblock. DA is viewed as being taken along for the powerblock ride and then trying to use that to leverage his opinion as supreme as if anyone below rank 5 for this round (or those who don't agree with him usually) doesn't know anything about the game.

Especially since many people in this thread have been in the winning value/point alliance multiple times since he's left... and we say we don't know it all... we're just kinda calling BS on the whole justification thing. Although, DA didn't create this thread he did create another like it. As far as the whole 'leet' thing, DA is using the parody name of an inactive social group as his sole basis for ignoring any opposing position... ESPECIALLY when many that have posted aren't in it.

Hope that clears some thing up for you and I request that this thread try to get back on topic as twigley attempted to do. There are some decent points that Twigley has made in his post, but unfortunately I don't think we're any closer to an answer for a resistance system.

Sadly, I think this thread needs locked as the discussion of resistance seems to no longer be the topic.

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Having discussed this "situation" with Azzer (i.e people resenting me for whatever reason, but primarily my involvement in TBA) we've both arrived at the conclusion that I should not involve myself in matters regarding TBA on the forums. My posts are quite simply just flamed and as a result whatever thread I've posted on goes off-topic/boils down to what is essentially trolling/flaming.

Consequently - I shall no longer respond to any TBA related articles.

Which tbh I'm quite happy about :p This is my last post with regards to TBA, possibly my involvement in Round 31.

Happy hunting :)

Last edited:

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Before i suggest this i must give out the following disclosure... It's late, I'm baked and i havent played in a while so im definately out of date :)

I like some of this thread, there have been some very valid suggestions put forward that have a lot of potential, i like Garrett's idea of the alliance playing a pivotal role in resistances and feel some sort of system to utilise the HQ troops/techs. Similarly Blackwolf's ideas of a system to integrate as many allied players as possible by giving them the tools and incentive to genuinely feel a 'part of it'

Basically i see no reason not to increase some sort of technology for the headquarters to develop that only becomes available when a set system of criteria has been completed, i feel this can only be possible if its monitored as well as automated as any system based on rankings value etc etc can be exploited by committed and skilled players a human failsafe (in this case Azzer) can automatically start it if he feels that its time for a resistance.

Basically this starts the Resistance phase of the game, a gamewide notification is sent by mail to all alliance HQ's and an individual mail. As soon as this notification is sent new technologies become available to resistance alliances. Resistance alliances become resistance alliances by completing the first tech this leads us nicely to.

Technologies - they need to be both short to complete and very inexpensive, first tech available should be something that gives access to shared communications possibly opening up the old global politics, alliances will at the very least be interested to see the politics of the wars so all medium sized alliances are likely to complete this tech it also gives a 'resistance alliance' status. 2nd tech should be along the lines of mobilizing your alliance units this technology allows you to send your HQ units along with the resistance introducing another new HQ unit, the HQ geo-physics thief (needs a snazzy name) again this only becomes available in the 'resistance phase' and only to alliances that have completed the first 2 techs.

The HQ Geo-Physics thief - This unit can only be sent on resistance strikes making it a very valuable unit to have as its initiative i see as being lower than a normal geo-phys thief, this has the advantage that HQ's can only purchase a limited stock of these and therefore a rank 7 alliance will gain the same land (shareable between its members) as the rank 2 alliance if they send their HQ complement this has the bonus that all alliances are incentivised to take part ranks 2-4 maybe even 2-6 still believe they can win so they are almost guaranteed to take part lower alliances will see that they can gain much more (relatively) than they do now.

*** massive disclaimer *** alliance geo-phys can only be sent if theres a minimum of 3 outgoing mobs from the alliance and ALL the HQ troops

A slight modification in both the numbers and effectiveness of the units needs to be changed both in costing (too high to be bought en masse by anything but a large'ish ally) and the numbers involved at the moment (far too small to be useful)

The units i feel themselves have adequate names and 'basic uses' just tone them down a lot and increase their number limitations substantially (i couldnt even attempt the numbers through lack of current knowledge and ever having the requisite skill

Just a basic extrapolating on the good ideas of other but it sounds like something if i still played i'd be genuinely excited about.... opinions anyone?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
The boundaries and premisses will have to be carefully tweaked and well thought-through, but conception-wise I think you are onto something, Melni. :)