• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Data Scrambler Upgrade

Souls

Official Helper
As of current, the data scrambler is useless. So upgrade it!

In addition to scrambling alliance news and hax, also scramble the alliance score and acres on the Alliance Rankings page.

Souls

Official Helper
Currently, none, but with this you'll be able to hide the score and acres of your alliance, so people won't know how big your alliance is, or (primarily) how fat you are.

I know this defeats the purpose of making those score available in the first place, but to be fair you are paying a pretty high price for hiding them again. :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
As of current, the data scrambler is useless. So upgrade it!

I agree that it is a little pointless, but i believe that the HQ as a whole is pretty useless, and therein lies a problem.

In addition to scrambling alliance news and hax, also scramble the alliance score and acres on the Alliance Rankings page.

And i disagree with this idea. Acres and score were made public for a reason. I realise you said this, but rather then hide score and acres, i would be in favour of making the development cheaper.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Timtadams is dead on. The whole HQ needs a revamp, though this change is just counter-productive. The only alliances able to afford the scrambler without starving for it is the top alliances. Why would you give them the ability to hide, while the game forces the lower alliances to be public?

Steve_God

Official Helper
The whole HQ needs a revamp
Agreed.

But the data scrambler for now does have a purpose. It's useful for those alliances that have bought HQ troops, as it hides how many HQ troops they have, and also scrambles the spy reports to make it not as easy to spot what members are 'camping' their troops at the HQ.

Admittedly, it is probably only useful to less alliances than I have fingers on one hand, but it does still have a purpose :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Sorry I got side tracked with work and a few RL issues and put my HQ suggestions on hold. Just remember that part of HQ retooling has been suggested here

Garrett's troop thread. Part 1 of a few HQ suggestions

I do have ideas on how to retool the HQ devs and make them relevant and thanks for reminding me that I need to get back to it.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
btw, doesnt data scrambler just mean u cant see allie members name ids when they are in the alliance news.

hemce doesnt it give the people that would choose to do so the ability to hide at the hq, without that information being easily found by spying the HQ,

or does it only affect hacks, long time since i seen one deved and seen what it does

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Initially i liked this suggestion, but i think actually it would make more sense just to lower the cost of this dev slightly and leave its function as it currently is...