• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Contacting 5-acre starters ??

damfrankie

Pruner
The player base keeps shrinking and shrinking.

I'd say we better put in some effort in encouriging starters to keep playing by contacting them and helping them out actively.

For instance: its quite easy to see all people with only 5 acres after a week or so in the game; we could make up a task force of experienced players that will actively contact them and help them a bit?

Could we set-up something like this.

I know thats what i would like if i start a new game; meet people, learn the ropes and get into the community.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
i think we call these groups of experienced players 'training allies' of which there are a few this round.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
There are training allies, there's the tutorial, there's the request help link, there's the manual, there's the wiki...need I continue?

TehPantz

Head Gardener
lol, i think Azzer just needs to put a direct link to the recruitment thread in every "Welcome to Bushtarion" message. That would make sure new people find their way to help.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
If on 5 acres, one assumes they are not playing or have forgotten. So an automated email could be sent out to remind them they have an account?

Lupus

Head Gardener
lol, i think Azzer just needs to put a direct link to the recruitment thread in every "Welcome to Bushtarion" message. That would make sure new people find their way to help.

very good idea sir,

In the tutorial the final step could also be to check out the recruitment threads on the forums

philipd12

Harvester
If on 5 acres, one assumes they are not playing or have forgotten. So an automated email could be sent out to remind them they have an account?

I think it does send an email saying you haven't used your account for a while. Remember getting an email like that a few rounds ago when I stopped playing

Davs

Garden Designer

very good idea sir,

In the tutorial the final step could also be to check out the recruitment threads on the forums

Indeed, the tutorial covers all of the basics, but doesn't touch on alliances, which as a major aspect of the game should probably at least get a brief mention followed by a nice nudge in the direction of the recruitment thread.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

very good idea sir,

Indeed, the tutorial covers all of the basics, but doesn't touch on alliances, which as a major aspect of the game should probably at least get a brief mention followed by a nice nudge in the direction of the recruitment thread.

Agreed 100%. And if it doesn't already then maybe another reminder about the #bushtarion channel link. (I know its on the ingame pages but just a brief sentence explaining and linking could get new players into the community aspect of the game quicker, thus giving them further reasons to stick around - and extra help if needed)

:)

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Well from a personal perspective 2 or 3 new people have entered #bushtarion and asked for help in the last couple of days {and I'm inactive!}, and a few have obliged and tried helping - Some a bit vague, but none the less, it looks welcoming at least.
I've helped a couple in the past week get into what route they are and their general strengths and weaknesses, and C&P'ed tech tree pages and their route's staff info. That's about the best you can do without holding their hand the entire way IMO.