Bushmeet UK 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Ok, so I offered to organise the Bushmeet for this year, and I've been doing some looking around.

Before i can go much further there are some things that need to be decided on first.

Firstly, The weekend we have it on. There is only one more bank holiday left this year, which is in August, on the Reading/Leeds Festival weekend. Personally, I can't get that weekend off work, and I'm not willing to organise a meet for a weekend I can't go to, so sorry that weekend is out.

So what i propose is a Fri-Sun meet. It'll be a touch shorter than other meets, only giving us one full day together. So the choice is which weekend do we want to have it on? I propose either September or October. I have created another thread in this section with a poll of weekends on it.
Please i f you are interested in attending, or think that would might want to attend if it's at the right time for you, then vote on the poll. Hopefully one weekend will stand out above all the others, and we'll make it that one. If several are pretty equal, I'll have a chat with Azzer, and look at price differences and see if we can come to a conclusion. If you want to attend, but don't care about the weekend, then vote the poll too, as i want to use it to gauge interest.

Second thing we need to decide on is a location. During the IRC chat we decided that Manchestor or Reading would be best. Both locations have great transport links, as well as internation airports close for anyone who wishes to come from over-seas. I've created a poll for this one too.

Looking at average hotel prices, it looks to be about £50-60 for a room for two nights, based on two people sharing (which most people do - it's easy to find someone to share a room with). You can grab a room entirely to yourself of course too, but that will be around £100 for 2 nights. Don't forget you still need to be able to pay for food and any activities (bowling, laser quest, cinema, drinking, restaurants, whatever else people want to do)!

I'm also going to try and work out some prices for if people just want to come for one night as well, so that you don't have to pay the full price if you're only staying one night.. And ofc, Day visitors who want to just attend for the day and then go home, won't have to pay anything except their own transport!

All that would be charged for is the booking of the hotel rooms. All food and activities etc must be paid for under your own steam.

I think that's about it, obviously closer to the time, we'll have more details, but until then, please give it some thought and if you have any input then make it.

Date Poll: http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1408
Location Poll: http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1407

Summary:
Cost: £75 based on two sharing. £98 for a single. For both nights. Breakfast included.
Weekend: October 24th - 26th.

People Attending:
Azzer
Beaky
Bobbin
Bunion
Dematto
Dennis
JZS
Lukey
Martin
Maxi
Polo
Stevey
TheOmaga
Twigley

Bobbin

Head Gardener
Re: Bushmeet UK 08

Tim posted this up in IRC last night, and i thought it would be an interesting read for those of you who haven't been to a Bushmeet before, and even for those who have and want a bit of nostalgia

http://bushtarion.com/portal_bmeet2004_eventlog.php

These are the logs from the first ever Bushmeet back in late 2004... Man so long ago, but still, fond memories of the weekend!

Thought I'd post this one too as another idea and semi-log of things we've done!

http://www.bushtarion.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bush_Meet

Bobbin

Head Gardener

I'm going to close the polls tomorrow night so i can start sorting stuff out friday/over the weekend. So if you haven't voted and want to come, then please do so soon!

Bobbin

Head Gardener

Polls are now closed.

So it looks like the BushMeet for this year is going to be in Reading. On either the first weekend in september, or the last weekend in october. Will have a look at both weekends and see if there is going to be any sort of price difference or availibility for it.

Ok, now what needs to happen is if you want to come, You need to let me know. I should have the prices up by Monday!

Fredd

BANNED

eek reading?
makes harder for us aussies :S :shock:

Bunion

Harvester

Well if you did feel like flying over to our sunny climes, then you'll most likely land at Heathrow, which is a couple of stops down the line from Reading, so technically, Reading would be easier than Manchester unless you could get a flight there.

Bobbin

Head Gardener

It's not Asmo sorry.

After a chat with Azzer we decided that the best weekend of the two with the most votes would be the one at the end of October.

This is due to the fact that having it at the begining of september would not really be enough notice to give people time to organise things, and having it later, would give a better oppotunity for more people to come.

So the Official Dates of the BushMeet are 24-26th October.

Expected price is going to be around £50 per person, Based on two sharing a room. If you want a room to yourself, then you can expect the cost to be closer to £100.

So what the best thing to do is, is to post your name on here if you want to come. That way we can get a list going of people attending and will make it easier for people to find others to share rooms with. Traditionally nearly everyone going to a BushMeet would share a room with another player. The only exception is those bringing a partner (Which you are more than welcome to do!) Or those who prefer a room to themself (Like me ;)).

Right, so that's that bit out of the way, not for a couple more boring bits.

If you're coming to the meet, and you're under 18 and wanting to stay at the hotel, We're going to need a signed letter of consent from your parent/guardian, stating that you're allowed to be there.

If you're under 16 and you want to stay at the hotel, you're going to have to have a parent/guardian to stay with you.

When it comes to paying, as Azzer has said, He is going to set up an online facility to do this, so you can pay it to Azzer instead of myself, hopefully that'll be online soon, so that people who definatly want to come can pay as soon as they are able, and once i have a 100% confirmed cost. But at the moment you should be looking towards about £50 based on sharing.

I can't get into Reading until the 23rd to make 100% firm plans on the cost of the event, but hopefully what I have discovered now should make you able to decide if you definatly want to come to the event, and able to put your name down so people can start organising room shares etc. Also if you're having trouble finding someone to share with, i can help put you in contact with others who may also be having trouble.

And that's it for now.

So let me know if you want to come, either via here, or any of the other million ways to contacting me.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I will be attending, for both nights, no "maybe's" about it. I'm there. I will be booking a room to myself.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I'm seriously considering in flying in. Likely arriving friday morning at Stansted (only interesting 'cheap' flights from here). Don't mind sharing a room. Don't mind meeting up with someone around/near Stansted and go by car and split costs. Dennis and Dematto might also be interesting in a drive! Likely staying one extra night, aswell, flying back Monday. You can put me on the list. ;)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

I'll be attending for both nights and sharing a room. Getting the train over from Bath (unless someone is driving that way).

Matt

Harvester

As im close to reading and i go there a tad,

Which Hotel is it your looking at?

Stevey

Pruner

im really interested in coming to the next bush meet! do not mind sharing at all, preferably someone i know ingame/outside the game though ;).

Hamilton

Tree Surgeon

Slightly off the current lines, and for the benefit of me and maybe others, I've never been to a Bushmeet before and am really interested in attending one, even this 1. I'm just curious of what happens there. I mean actually meeting people having played with/talked with them ingame is a good factor but I'd just like to know what we do over the weekend.

Just a brief outline would be fine, thanks :)

Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.