Bushmeet UK 08 - Final Details and In-Game Booking!

Bobbin

Head Gardener
So the time is upon us and Bushmeet 2008 is fast approaching and it looks to be one of the best yet with the amount of people who have shown interest, not only people from this country, but from abroad too!

What:
This will be the 7th ever Bush Meet, and is set to be another fantastic event. Bush meets are weekend long events where players from not just the UK, but even countries around the world, can come together, stay in a hotel for a weekend and have a great laugh. From cinema, bowling, laser quest, paintball, go-karting, going out clubbing on an evening or going for a meal out, chatting about the game and anything else, the weekends are always fantastic fun, a great experience, and a great way to get to know new people and other players of the game. There's something for everyone - whether you are a party animal or a shy person, extrovert or introvert, nobody is ever left out - people of all walks of life come together and have a good weekend!

Azzer always attends Bush Meets and usually a few competitive games are played (paintball, laser quest, bowling, etc.) - so if anything you can consider it a chance to beat the creator and get revenge for all those anti-rape moments, or let him win a few games and then take advantage of his happiness and slip some game ideas to him you want, it's what everyone else does ;)

Where:
Bush Meet 2008 is going back to Reading, where one of the best Bush Meets was held before. We will be staying in the "Royal County Hotel", in the heart of Reading itself. The address/postcode for those finding their way to the hotel is;
Royal County Hotel, 4-8 Duke Street, Reading, RG1 4RY
The hotel is no more than 10 minutes walk from Reading train station, and has it's own car park, so is easy to get to for anyone, anywhere.
If you wish to book your own hotel you are welcome to (in which case it's fully your responsibility of course!), but please let us know you are attending but booking your own hotel elsewhere, so we can arrange to meet up etc.!
There is lots to do in and around Reading, all easy to drive to (plenty of people with cars can offer lifts to others) or easy to get to on train. I won't list everything here, but some things include The Oracle shopping centre and Vue Cinema within literally minutes walk from the hotel, and any number of pubs, clubs, restaurants and fast food close by too, with things such as bowling and laser quest a short car or train ride away.

When:
The weekend will run from Friday the 24th October until Sunday the 26th October - usually people start arriving around 6 PM on the Friday, and leaving around noon on the Sunday, but what times you arrive/leave is entirely up to you of course!

Prices/Bookings/Accomodation:
There are two tiers of accomodation for this years meet, either you can share a twin room with someone (You can find your own roomate or we can pair people up if you want) or you can have a single room to yourself for the weekend. Most people at previous meets have shared as it cuts down on costs and also is more social! The costs for the entire weekend, per person, is £75 (~£37.50 per night) for the weekend if you are sharing, and £98 for both nights (~£49 per night) you want a room to yourself, though I do recommend sharing a room, If you are sharing please can you let me know who you are sharing with (either in the booking form or by contacting me privately or on this forum thread), as I need to make sure people aren't paying a sharing rate and then not going to be sharing a room... If people are having a hard time finding someone to share with then I will help you find someone, or just post in the thread that you're looking.

Payments are to be made no later than the 7th of October using the in-game purchasing system, but if you are booking later than the 23rd September, then you must let me know now as I need to confirm the accomodation at the hotel in advance, so please get in touch with me if you are attending but not purchasing immediately (but everybody is encouraged to purchase as soon as possible and book yourself in well in advance).

Book Now!:
Book now!
You can book by spending Bushtarion Credits in-game, using your credit card or PayPal as usual (as with any purchase!), so it is all done through Azzer and through bushtarion - safe, and secure. There's now no excuse not to book - you don't need to play around writing a cheque and getting it posted, you just need to head to the purchase page in-game, fill in a quick form, and book! Get it done as soon as you can :D Click here for the in-game booking page

International Attendees:
As with all Bush Meets, this isn't just for UK players, anyone and everyone is welcome from anywhere in the world, and travlling to Reading from any of the major UK airports is easy by train!
Approx costs by train from the major Airports in the area are:
Gatwick: £18
Heathrow: £15
Stanstead: £27

More information can be found http://www.thetrainline.com

When booking trains make sure you get a ticket to Reading Station, not Reading West.

Anything Else:
The meet is being held in a fantastic hotel in Reading, about 10 minute walk from the station and very central, we held the 2006 meet there as well, and it was a roaring success, something this one should be too!
People are also more than welcome to attend just for the day if they live locally, just send me a PM on here and I will give you my phone number so over the course of the weekend, you can drop me a call/text to find out where we are and what we're up to.
The meet does have a few age restrictions. Anyone under the age of 16 must have a parent of guardian in attendence with them sharing a room. Anyone between the ages of 16 and 18 will need written consent from their parents to attend. And people over the age of 18 can come and do as they please. These age rules do not apply to day trippers however, only to those wanting to actually stay in the hotel during the weekend.
If you have any other questions, concerns etc. - please feel free to contact me in private, or post here!

Summary:
Dates: October 24th - 26th.
Price: £75 for two sharing. £98 for a single. (Does not include Activities; Travel; Food, except Breakfast.)
Bookings: Bookings made through in-game purchase system

Attendees Confirmed So Far:
(list may not be up to date, but I'll keep updating it every now & then)
Azzer
Beaky
Bobbin
Dematto
Dennis
Twigley

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Bushmeet UK 08 - Final Details and In-Game Booking!

Looking forward to it this year, I'll probably be giving a lift down to Dematto, Twigley & Cal (no room for anyone else sorry!), assuming they do indeed book in!

Bobbin

Head Gardener

The deadline to let me know if you want to attend the Bushmeet is fast approching. Let me know as soon as you can!

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I've heard lots of people want to attend only one day, maybe they should at least let it know in this topic. 5 people attending seems awefully crowded. :p