Bush World Cup 2009 - Discussion

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
They have summer time in Poland too...

Garrett

Landscape Designer
no they don't. i declared it null and void as Poland is going through a strict mind discipline ritual to purge all knowledge of other influences before me.

they are learning how to truly be of use to their new OverLord.

declaration of annexation here

Also, there are plans of forced marches with wheelbarrows as we will literally be moving further SE in the future.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
World Cup Captains:

England - Martin

USA - Podunk

Australia & New Zealand - Flamey

Holland - Koeniej

Scotland, Ireland + Wales - No elected captain

Belgium + France - Intense

Nordic Region - No elected captain

Canada - Alcibiades

Eastern Europe + Asia No elected captain

-

At the moment we look to have at least 60 people taking part. If a team cannot find 10 players they'll unfortunatley not be able to take part.

flameharvester

Head Gardener
THe australian team is slightly undermanned I propose putting out a call to some chinese/russian/oceanic Players who fall within a plus one minus one timezones of the aussie ones and ill personally attempt to recruit Some people I know in RL to play :D

THe australian team is slightly undermanned I propose putting out a call to some chinese/russian/oceanic Players who fall within a plus one minus one timezones of the aussie ones and ill personally attempt to recruit Some people I know in RL to play :D

The australian team???

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
They should be able to play even if they don't have 10 members...

timtadams

Landscape Designer
They should be able to play even if they don't have 10 members...

exactly what i mean. I dont understand why some countries shouldnt play cause they cant fill spots?

Is it something to do with cost? That teams should contribute the same amount, and so it would cost more per person for a smaller team and this is unfair?

How much will it cost? Maybe cost should be one BC per person. If some country has to pay less then thats fine. Because they are at a disadvantage, AND each person individually still contribute the same amount.
And if there is leftover BCs they can be incorporated into a prize/reward for winners

lol, im jumping to conclusions about the reason, but i still think cost should be 1 BC per person, rather than 10 per team. I dont think it will cost more than that, will it?

OR maybe its because it wont be a fair competition? But it would be even less fair if countries didnt even get a chance to represent themselves. Us Aussies/New Zealanders dont care if its fair or not, but we would still like to give it a shot

lavadog

Head Gardener
It's 7 BC's per team.

I'm pro "countries with less than 10 players should be able to play", it's their disadvantage really. As long as they can cough up the needed BC's and there's more than 5 of them, why not?

But maybe I'm biased since my region is having a hard time finding ten players :p

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
If a team is unable to fill 10 places though, whats stopping a team with 7 players giving the world pass to someone and filling their alliance when the PW is actually up and running?

I'm not against the idea of teams playing despite not having 10, they'd be massively disadvantaged, and would have to find the 7BC somehow, but there is the problem I've just described.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
People's teams are posted, then locked after the world starts ticking?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, if a team gains members after the PW has started then they are disqualified and deleted.

I agree that teams who cant get a couple of members should still be able to play if they want to compete without a full team!

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Pretty sure you can change PW password as well even after starting it...

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Guys Im Asking that the eastern europe And asian players Be merged with the aus/nz team as thats the only way either side can field a full team :p

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Guys Im Asking that the eastern europe And asian players Be merged with the aus/nz team as thats the only way either side can field a full team :p

aussi/nz wit asia is only option. otherwise the gmt is to much spread

east europe is +2 :/ and asia/aussi like +11-9 equals not fair