Bounty change with ETA/Troops

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener
Another one from me, because I suck at finding answers >.<

Are bounty gains affected by ETA and/or troop variety in the same way that h/f gains are?

Thanks!!

'Tiger'

Landscape Designer
I believe a rush gains you less bounty than if you send geos for example.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

Worth noting Adrenalin rushing increases it though. The loss you suffer from low eta units holds true for bounty as well as h/f but at the same time i always thought the main difference came from types of units?. Eg pure harrier rush vs eta 5 full attack, (inns lethals, and even nld/nlt) would be noticeably different gains.

edd

Tree Surgeon
If sending multiple types of units actually affects it, the effect is not that large i don't think. I sent a ton of harrier rushes in the rounds i played them always sending Harriers + 100 para/h/y/gard/harv and the bounty would always come out at about 45% of the maximum. Now that may actually be 50% on LETs since you get next to nothing for killing non-lethals, meaning that when i read the report it would have not been a true reflection of what was going on. But i've also seen tons of rushes without anything but pure harriers where the BR came out pretty much the same.

For eta4 attacks it's around 90% i think.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Worth noting Adrenalin rushing increases it though.

It doesn't increase as such, does it? I thought that it was just that if you are getting an adren rush, you are attacking way above your score, so the H/F/Bounty calculators automatically give you the highest possible band of H/F/Bounty.

The loss you suffer from low eta units holds true for bounty as well as h/f but at the same time i always thought the main difference came from types of units?. Eg pure harrier rush vs eta 5 full attack, (inns lethals, and even nld/nlt) would be noticeably different gains.

Aye, I think types of unit is key. Even sending 1 h, 1 y and 1 gardener on a rush changes things. Or at least, I think I remember seeing something Max said that was like this. And he'd know :p

edd

Tree Surgeon
Adrenaline rush increases bounty by 1.5* for -1 and 1.8* for -2 since round 36. But it is still slave to the restrictions of sending eta3/4 in the first place.

Max

Garden Designer
Adrenaline rush increases bounty by 1.5* for -1 and 1.8* for -2 since round 36. But it is still slave to the restrictions of sending eta3/4 in the first place.

Yep, Ed is spot on here, you can harrier rush a giant player 5000% of you and still not make a profit, because the reduced bounty for eta 3 rushes outweighs the "big boy bounty" bonus.

In all honesty, I haven't seen any difference in terms of adding additional unit types when bounty rushing. I've seen RPGs rushing pure RPGs eta 4 and getting the same bounty as someone rushing with a few other unit types. I know it makes a difference for h/f when sending eta 5 mobs, but I'm really not convinced it makes a blind bit of difference to bounty gains. Please correct my ignorance if anyone has observed otherwise though!

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
Oh yes, 'Big Boy Bounties'! I remember there being a heated debate when they were introduced.

Good to get some clarification on the various unit types issue too, thanks guys.

edd

Tree Surgeon
Tbh it was warranted, with the -2 being like 2.5x the bounty rate.

I still remember during the one round when that was in effect, Dimitar went from 3m rpg to 55m in about 5 hours just rushing Mateen.

Cal v2

Planter
To Clarify, the best possible bounty gain would be as follows (hopefully):

Pure Ranger (Eta 5-2)

Fire purely at LET. Eta 5 means 100% of Total Bounty. -2 Means *1.8 of Total Bounty.

At a target with a 67% Bounty, you would earn 1.2bil on each 1b you killed.

That about right?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Surely there was a mechanic in place to stop people gaining more bounty than what they killed? That would be far too easy to abuse.

Cal v2

Planter
Striker, Rebel, Ranger, Siren.

The ONLY troops that fire LET only.

Striker eta 4
Rebel eta 5
Siren eta 3
Ranger eta 5

So only 2 of those can get the maximum and one of them can't actually kill.

1 unit in the entire game that can do it, and it fires so late in the battle that it would be pretty hard to utilize it to a game breaking level..

I doubt there is any mechanic built in to stop it.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
So what you're saying is - Rangers are the best unit ever.

Yeah, I've been saying that forever. Ty.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Is that why you started as rangers this round but *****ed and moaned 'til I let you restart as arsons?

edd

Tree Surgeon
So what you're saying is - Rangers are the best unit ever.

Yeah, I've been saying that forever. Ty.

Over the last few rounds i've come to doubt the whole "killing only LET, increases bounty/sending many unit types increases bounty"

You get less bounty when killing non-Lethals which puts the bounty/kills ratio lower than it should be. Which means LET/ALL units ,for example, appear to get less than what you would expect.

What really matters is % score size and eta sent (pre adren boost)

Last edited:

Garrett2

Landscape Designer
flawed logic

rather than go point by point - the maximum bounty you can gain is the bounty on their head. so for someone that is dreaded - 76% of the value of what you kill. you get this if you send at eta 5 with more than 1 troop type. you get max bounty gain from killing let, less bounty for killing inn/nlt/nld.

sending with adrenal rush lessens it. sending less than eta 5 lessens it. sending only 1 type of troop lessens it.

any questions?