Begin the resistance! | R41

GooDGoodBye

Pruner
i think it means it has only began atleast i hope so ; D... i think the members of kiwi soon will have to catch up with irl stuff so their activity will go down a bit and will make it easier for the resistance for future attacks..

LuckySports

Landscape Designer
wasn't enough participation for the resistance to succeed, and too many mistakes were made..

big thumbs up to steve_god for putting everything together.. and thanks to the people that participated, was fun for the 2 attacks it lasted! longer than some resistances :p

Godsend9701

Harvester
wasn't enough participation for the resistance to succeed, and too many mistakes were made..

big thumbs up to steve_god for putting everything together.. and thanks to the people that participated, was fun for the 2 attacks it lasted! longer than some resistances :p

i have to agree with u lucky, it did last longer than most resistances, how ever the way the attacks were planned it seems like u all were going for land, u should of been trying to kill us, as it was u all "had" a troops adv over us. BL and better luck next time

Steve_God

Official Helper

i have to agree with u lucky, it did last longer than most resistances, how ever the way the attacks were planned it seems like u all were going for land, u should of been trying to kill us, as it was u all "had" a troops adv over us. BL and better luck next time
LOL!
None of the attacks this weekend were for land, they were ALL planned for kills.

If you thought we were going for land and that pulled the defence (which in the main it looked like it did) then our plan worked, and you were fooled :p
(There were a few that sent wrong mobs to wrong targets in the first wave, but it's bound to happen when we gave minimal notice to reduce leaks)

Unfortunately, our calculated troop advantage only works if we can actually get all Members from all those alliances involved.
Even though we went for kills, pulling defence elsewhere so that our real had less lethal defence than it could have, we still lost. Dealing plenty of damage in the process, but we lost.

I want to give a big thumbs up to the Leaders and representatives from Bribemania II, A Nag Ram, The Dude Abides, Pee-wee's Playhouse and Empire. While it may have been a standing joke that anything we get from PW and Emp was a bonus, you still showed willing and helped out where you could. To BM2, ANR, TDA, it was a shame that combined we are all a bit 'too' FTF, and could never quite gather enough of our players online collectively to do enough damage to tip the balance.

The Resistance isn't dead by any means... but any future co-ordination will be mainly around rushes, and probably bounty hunting :)D) - we just don't have the involvement from 'enough' players to make it happen properly.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Indeed, the Resistance is pretty much over as an organisation that aims to bring down rank 1 - That isn't possible: They're the only 100% active and contactable alliance in the game, vs even 4 FTF alliances with little motivation and little contactability, it has always been a case of pissing in the wind.

My ideal scenario would be for kiwi to disband, and to allow the FTF alliances to fight it out - You guys are like olympic swimmers taking part in the paralympics at the moment - Your win isn't going to go down in anyone's memory. I'd personally enjoy the round a lot more being able to fight it out with ranks 2-8 without having to worry about our success (or the success of Ana/TDA/BM) as an alliance putting us in range of Kiwi.

That isn't going to happen, the win is all that matters to them (even when that win is meaningless this round), but if Kiwi accepted they're a third wheel this round that'd be a good thing for the rest of the round imo.

Controversial, but that's how I feel - I have disliked there being 4-5 decent FTF alliances, of similar size, contactability and activity, and a single FTW in the mix. Its not a combination I think works well in the slightest. If the FTF alliances now war, which I'm sure they will - the winning alliance is just going to find themselves gifting land to rank 1. I know for me, in Combo, we'll definitely be limiting our score to starve kiwi of any action, but that in turn means we see less action.

Godsend9701

Harvester
Every round theres always 1 alliance more contactable, more active and attacks like crazy, they end up winning the round, we just done it when everyone else decided not too.

and DA about ur comment "Your win isn't going to go down in anyone's memory." well i dont care what others do/think/put down in there memory, it will go down in my memory and thats all that matters.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Godsend, I'm not slating kiwi, in fact I sympathise that you guys have played FTW in a round when nobody else has.

You can't say "every round there's one alliance more contactable, more active" - Because usually there's an alliance even semi-FTW. This round there are no other FTW alliances, you guys are literally the only people who care about winning.

I'm just voicing my opinion here, I think the rest of this round would be better with 4-8 FTF alliances of similar calibre fighting things out between themselves, than a bunch of FTF alliances and an over-bearing FTW alliance putting a downer on things. That's just my feeling.

I'd feel similar seeing Michael Phelps being put in a race with a bunch of people who don't like water.

Steve_God

Official Helper
Btw, some interesting stats from the alliance pages about who did what damage to Kiwifruit:

Kill Damage Done to Kiwi:
Combo: 5,364,000,000 (+ 1,660,000,000 Bribe damage)
Bribemania II: 1,259,000,000 (+ 1,215,000,000 Bribe damage)
A Nag Ram: 1,648,000,000 (+ 215,000,000 Bribe damage)
The Dude Abides: 450,000,000
Pee-wee's Playhouse: 238,000,000
Empire: 138,000,000

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
We won't be disbanding and we won't be allowing a FTF alliance to win. We were the only ones to bother going FTW and for that i'm not gonna just let other alliances have the win to be different. I am sure my alliance feels the same!

Well done SG for organising something. It is never easy, even with FTW alliances. So to give it ago with FTF alliances was brilliant. Well done.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
tbh, now they have won, they can play FTF, without the super activity/contactability, and so now every1 can have a fun relaxing round

Steve_God

Official Helper
Tbh, you could easily split Kiwifruit into two allies of 10 (Yellow Kiwifruit & Green Kiwifruit), and would still win.

lol if we did that u would loose ur best players

"two allies of 10" - and how would that happen while maintaining only players 10 in each ally?

If you're going to try and troll, at least do it properly mate 8)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
My biggest problem with Kiwi is that they're a whole, kiwi, at present, but their alliance pic clearly shows a split kiwi. This is misleading.

Godsend9701

Harvester
Tbh, you could easily split Kiwifruit into two allies of 10 (Yellow Kiwifruit & Green Kiwifruit), and would still win.

"two allies of 10" - and how would that happen while maintaining only players 10 in each ally?

who was trying to troll? just trying to point out that if we did spilt into 2 allies half ur ally would want to join both of the alliances, theres no trollin in that at all

Steve_God

Official Helper

who was trying to troll? just trying to point out that if we did spilt into 2 allies half ur ally would want to join both of the alliances, theres no trollin in that at all

"two allies of 10" - not two allies of 20 :p