Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Haven't played HC mode, but sounds similar to CoD MW; which is reasonable, assuming all weapons are increased damage.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Huh, is that true BB?

I have been using the first sniper rifle (M24???) and get one shot kill headshots all the time?
You do realise you need to aim above the head to get a headshot right? Gravity has and effect of the bullets over distance, so if you are infact aiming at the head you will be hitting the torso area.

This is true of the game, in order to simulate "real life" - The truth is that is bullshit, you aim and shoot IRL, none of this "you have to adjust for "gravity" bollocks :p

That's just plain wrong DA. There is a lot of work that goes into sniping, adjusting for range, height, angle, windspeed, gravity etc etc. So, in actuality, the game is a reasonable representation of real life sniping without making it so realistic it's no longer fun.

As for sniper rifles being one shot, one kill, that would rather make them overpowered in a game, wouldn't it? The game goes for a mix of realism and fun, trying to provide a reasonable balance between the two, and I honestly think BF does a pretty good job.

Now i dont know much about this, but i do know that the barrels of sniper rifles contain spiral grooves to cause the bullet to spin and therefore have better accuracy. Now, I assume that this spinning of the bullet, would oppose the force of gravity by effect of the frictional resistance with the air.
An analogy here would be when you pass a footy ball. You spin it as you throw as it increases the distance and accuracy of the throw. So im inclined to agree with DA

However i may be wrong :/

[edit] i now think that i am probably be wrong, as i couldnt find anything to back that up. :p Ofc, as DA says in next post, the distance of the shot plays a large role

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Huh, is that true BB?

I have been using the first sniper rifle (M24???) and get one shot kill headshots all the time?
You do realise you need to aim above the head to get a headshot right? Gravity has and effect of the bullets over distance, so if you are infact aiming at the head you will be hitting the torso area.

This is true of the game, in order to simulate "real life" - The truth is that is bullshit, you aim and shoot IRL, none of this "you have to adjust for "gravity" bollocks :p

That's just plain wrong DA. There is a lot of work that goes into sniping, adjusting for range, height, angle, windspeed, gravity etc etc. So, in actuality, the game is a reasonable representation of real life sniping without making it so realistic it's no longer fun.

As for sniper rifles being one shot, one kill, that would rather make them overpowered in a game, wouldn't it? The game goes for a mix of realism and fun, trying to provide a reasonable balance between the two, and I honestly think BF does a pretty good job.

You're talking about shots taken over miles and miles, "miracle" shots, essentially. There's a reason snipers hit the news when they kill a man from miles and miles away, its because they do have to adjust for a number of factors in order to hit a guy from such massive range. These are one-in-a-million shots that the average sniper can only dream of producing.

Essentially, the maps on BC2 aren't big enough for you to have to worry about the bullet losing height - if you can see it down your scope you can just aim and shoot.

I'm quoting an actual sniper when I say the gravity thing is "bollocks" btw, "Sniper One" is an excellent account of sniping in Iraq - well worth a read if anyone is interested.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
I got quite a few headshots earlier on BC2 by aiming above the head to account for 'gravity'.

The ginge has spoken so therefore your arguement is invalid.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
The advert music was QOTSA - That was cool enough for me.
Not interested in buying it yet, still have 20GS to achieve on MW2 first.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
I don't know what some of you are talking about. I get 1 shot kills to the head all the damn time in regular mode.

Frijj

Harvester
Yeah in both modes a head shot is a kill with all the bolt action snipers. But in hardcore mode even the SV98 is a one shot kill with a body shot.

Hardcore mode is the exact same as normal except that the weapons do more damage. So a M95 with the Magnum bullet spec is a beast at taking down helicopters.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
how does orignal bad company multiplayer compare to the new bad company2, as i played the original. it was so-so good fun for a few weeks at tops.
not enough to unlock/features on it to see me hooked.

Frijj

Harvester
Well i played the original too can't remember it well though. As to unlocks there is more weapons than there is in COD MW2 and more features for vehicles and such. And they are releasing downloadable content soon with more features such as new uniforms and stuff.