Bashing...?

CLem

Head Gardener
Re: Bashing...?

Silence said:
Saying "bashing is bad I would never pick on a small target who cant defend himself" is a little ignorant. Clearly you have if you have gained acres before =P They could defend their acres so when someone does it to you it is evil and requires a whole post :eek:

You can gain acres by attacking on you own and not rely on bash, yes bashing is "required" when you want to break an alliance's defense, and it is impossible to justify what is a "good" bash and what is a "bad" bash, example: resistance is bashing, is it good or bad?? Sending loads at an alliance and publishing it and getting other players to help, is it good or bad?? It just come down to the style of the player(s) and what they think is a justified bash.

It is an essential part of the game but whilst the people at the top with enough time get his/her buzz out of it, it does discourage smaller people when they are on the receiving end more often then the ones in good alliances. But without it, the rounds will be decided too soon and be boring as resistance is a bash.

Flame me all you want, but the people at the top ranks will always say deal with it and the ones below will always gripe, it is just the way it is, so people that tells the griper to deal with it, here is what I have for you "Deal with it, they are going to moan and they have the right to" ;)

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Re: Bashing...?

TBH i dont understand people complaining about bashing i have bashed and been bashed all round

Atm i am one of 5 people on a tick against a smaller alliance bashing my way through for land and kills, this time last week i had 100 attackers on the same tick hitting me, yes i could play all round and not bash or be bashed but wheres the fun??

If i get 3 or 4 randoms spread across my whole ally (no matter which allies or players send) i can almost 100% guarantee that my alliance can cover it, likewise if i send on a half decent ally i know i will need no's to get through as bushtarion is simply a rock/scissors/paper game for all the little tweaks here and there one on one even with a large score differential vamps kill s/o, s/o kills rpg, rpg kills robo etc etc

To be bashed by a top ally you need to be in range of them and i dont mean just one low member i mean ALL or MOST of their members or its hardly a bash is it?? Therefore logic follows that you have stepped up a league in class if you or your ally are not ready to fight the top allies then you have options

1) seek a different ally who will grow with you and try to protect you
2) if your group cant deal go solo prove your skill and you will recieve offers if not for this round then for next definately
3) learn how to deal with bashes (it is not only possible but really simple once you've done it a few times)

To any new or newish players entering the top ranks it may seem daunting at first but to use myself as an example when i started playing the attack limit was 10% there was no limits on attack/defense there was no land score in the game and those first groups i learned to play with included Tim,Darryl,Meneldil,Charlie_B,LordErtz,Martin,Twigley,Sordes etc etc we all learned together how to fight wars and survive and as most of the names mentioned are either legends or will be considered so someday ingame i think maybe everyone who gripes at these threads should take some time to have a long hard think.... you can either spend your time complaining (which will change nothing) or devote that time to working out ways to improve your style and gameplay so that you can survive the bashes and learn how to bash back and win

Personally i hope its the former as it will allow me with my limited skill and even more limited gametime to stay in the top ranks and seem accomplished but the game could really do with more of the latter or else we'll still be stagnant 3-4 rds from now.......