AR Mod / Bribed Units / Insurance

Zaheen

BANNED
I heard you do not get any insurance for losing bribed units, is this true?

How does it affect your AR Mod?

2 questions here, it's been far too long since I played Puppets and I deleted and quit the round I did, so I'm not too sure.

antisback

Head Gardener
Pretty sure no insurance etc for bribed units as they don't technically die (insurance companies only pay out for death not hypnosis/being bribed/recruited). Also can't really get injured when you're being hypnotised/recruited/bribed (unless they're throwing the money at you!).

Pretty sure armod goes up at normal rate though

Last edited:

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

2 questions here, it's been far too long since I played Puppets and I deleted and quit the round I did, so I'm not too sure.

Pretty sure no insurance etc for bribed units as they don't technically die (insurance companies only pay out for death not hypnosis/being bribed/recruited). Also can't really get injured when you're being hypnotised/recruited/bribed (unless they're throwing the money at you!).

You answered a different question? When some of your units get bribed then you do not gain insurance for them. Zaheen's question was if you lose the units you have bribed, so you gain insurance? From memory I believe the answer is yes, as long as they die and are not bribed as normal. You gain injuries from Gards/Harvs/H/Y/Wheels as normal, even if they were initially bribed.

90% sure on that, perhaps a keen briber could confirm?

Zaheen

BANNED

You answered a different question? When some of your units get bribed then you do not gain insurance for them. Zaheen's question was if you lose the units you have bribed, so you gain insurance? From memory I believe the answer is yes, as long as they die and are not bribed as normal. You gain injuries from Gards/Harvs/H/Y/Wheels as normal, even if they were initially bribed.

90% sure on that, perhaps a keen briber could confirm?
I didn't want to offend him by pointing that out.

I will test it now, cheers noobje! XD

Zaheen

BANNED
yeah you lose score = you gain AR.

last round i suicided my bribed f117's and gained insurance on them :)
These were the answers I was looking for, thanks to you both and Martin getting me killed.

Gardeners did not work.

Should have sent more

:(

I made the mistake of sending POMs and all my bribed LETs, as he went into sleep mode. I know what you're saying, he had 10M Harriers and 15M Rangers, but I didn't know if they were at his ID or out defending.

I took a gamble, and well that's all she wrote. I totally misread your posts yesterday. There is no ID there with pure F117s and no other LET? I wish I knew he was real and only had F117s home. I barely sent any Bribers as they were all out to his PNap, I only had a few Hypnos home, and they would have just bribed his flak.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Get Terrorists: Far better flak-clearers than PoM as they are also LET, to cover your Hypnos. Cheap, early-firing, effective for exactly what you need.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Get Terrorists: Far better flak-clearers than PoM as they are also LET, to cover your Hypnos. Cheap, early-firing, effective for exactly what you need.

Or Shocks/Petrols which kill INN at an equal ratio to most units and don't solely hit LET.

However, now we're going in to the realms of bribing that you already know about, Zaheen.
Rangers are not a briber's friend :)

Zaheen

BANNED
The guy had insane AR Mod, I didn't really have much to play with.

No worries, I just wondered that's all. It baffled me how with 3M F117s and 40M Harriers, my bribed Hypnos didn't bribe a single F117. They might be weak but they had serious LET flak.

Anyway I won't get that award, I just realised there's about 20+ other units I don't have ;P